main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Scene Write/Rewrite Challenge Thread...New Challenge Posted

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Mar 21, 2011.

1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Welcome to the response thread for Before entries.

Please see the official thread here for the rules and rewards.

The current challenge is:

?Greed can be a powerful ally?? Qui-Gon Jinn - The Phantom Menace.

A strange quote for a Jedi, wouldn?t you agree? Your challenge this time is to write a scene around that quote. Your only requirement is that Qui-Gon must appear in the scene somewhere. He can be a Force ghost teaching someone or very much alive, it?s your choice. The time frame and other characters are also up to you.

Because the dare challenge is also ongoing, we are going to extend the deadline to two weeks instead of the typical one. So, all entries are due by Midnight, board time, Monday April 4.

Good Luck!

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I had seen the results of the last expedition in the crawl ducts.
    Jinn and his gang had been hunting for large plastform syringes for their water fights and they had taken our entire supply. The hinge of the crawl duct entry was bent; taking the large box with syringes and lugging that along with the Force had done the damage.

I had seen Kaagi Adin hurrying into one of the changing cubicles. He was soaking wet and left a trail of wet footprints all over the corridor and on my asked ?what happened?? he replied that all the initiates had ambushed him with those syringes and that they had taken even the smaller ones for the shots they had to get.

And I heard them ? Qui-Gon Jinn and Benno Perion and Magin Bhik ? coming back, taking the normal way to get to the treatment room of Master Aaqu Maerhin this time. Yes Aaqu had reported the theft of the syringes to a certain master.

?In you go young padawans.?

?But master Yoda. Healer Kaagi Adin has now no syringe to ? ow.?

?If we had left a single syringe ? ow.?

?Master Yoda, you taught us that greed can be a powerful ally. Revan conquered the galaxy with his friend Malak. He wanted to have all ? ow.?

?Young Jinn, greed leading to the dark side it can. Greed to downfall of Malak it led.?

?Uh yes and we will return the syringes.?

And I heard them entering Aaqu?s treatment room and the closed door muffled all conversation.

I headed back to my treatment room and was about to receive my next patient when I heard the initiates and Master Yoda leaving the healers? ward.

?Lesson it was. New lesson I have.?

?No not that.?

?Shh Magin. Don?t give him ideas.?

?Heard I did. Follow me young ones. Stew I will make.?

?Yuck.?

?Eerch.?

?Grow strong you will.?

And I saw the faces of the three and remembered my confrontation with said stew. I had become sick after eating that green mayhem and had to be admitted to the healers? ward.

3. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    The deadline for entries has passed. Let the voting commence

The Entrants:

earlybird-obi-wan
    Sara_Kenobi The Saga Response Thread
    Cade_Cryocharger The Saga Response Thread

Voting is open to everyone. Please PM me or DarthIshtar with your vote by midnight, Friday April 8. The winner will be announced Saturday morning.

4. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    It's that creepy, cooky, all together spooky time of year again.

To celebrate, we challenge you to write the scary, spine chilling, terrifying or just Halloweenish themed SW scene of your choosing. The only requirement this: at least one ghost must make an appearance. You can have more than one but no less.

The genre is also open - scary is not required but make it somehow relate to the Halloween spirit. All characters, be they OC or Cannon, are up to you.

Entries are due by midnight, board time, Monday, October 31

Happy writing!