main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Scenes from a Memory I; scenes 1 through 8 { A story between the lines of Ep I through III}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by DarthTutor, Mar 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTutor

DarthTutor Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 2001
    Scene 1:

A gush of wind stirred the curtains, allowing a passing glimpse on the myriad of lit windows, the orange haze and the overflowing currents of pointed lights that filled Coruscant's night sky. One was tempted to wonder whether this city, this planet really had a night sky. The room was only partially lit, the atmosphere was as dense as it was tense. The people, two sitting, one standing near the curtains, were in the room accompanied by the hissing sound of a slightly dysfunctional air-moisturizer.

"It's cold" Netraam said, staring again out of the window, his hand opening up a small corridor into the outside world. No response. Netraam's face was pale, sad and troubled by the events that had occurred that day. A few moments later one of the sitting figures rose, slowly walked over to Netraam looked him in the eyes and a voice as soft as the air traffic outside whispered "you're weak! You're unable, insignificant and weak! We are wasting our time with you".
    "Stop it Maul" the third person said, now also standing up and joining the two at the window", we start sounding like those squabbling delegates over there. It is them we are after, not each other". It was Palpatine, first-secretary of Naboo's senator to the republican senate n Coruscant. He looked at maul and then turned his look towards Netraam; "What you did was foolish and useless. I must agree on this with Maul. I am disappointed, but I haven't reached my the limit of what I can bear yet. Just make sure I never will." Palpatine focussed on Netraam's face, and then on his eyes. "You realize, as of now, you cannot be the apprentice I have been searching for?" Netraam nodded and looked away. A smile, if that was what it was, appeared around Maul's lips," A Sith master can have but a single apprentice. If this is me, where does that leave you, Netraam?" then he glanced across to Palpatine and continued "shall I dispose us of this burden, my Master. Now that this has been settled he's been reduced to a risk to our cause." Palpatine looked ferociously at Maul, whose eyes widened, in suppressed yet apparent shock. As Palpatine's body turned towards Maul his voice sounded constrained fury as he said; "Lord Maul, leave this to me. You have much to learn and your training has only just begun. He may not be your friend, but that doesn't make him your enemy. Everything has come as I have foreseen it. He will leave us tonight, and you will never see him again." Maul looked shattered by the anger that had been so prominent in his master's voice. "Leave us now, Lord Maul" Palpatine uttered, and Maul angrily turned around and left for the door. As he was one step out of the room, he halted, turned his head around, looked at Netraam and said: "As I will never, ever see you again Netraam, let me bid you farewell, may the force be with you and ... may the dark side guard and guide you." For a moment it seemed as if he wanted to add more, but then his face frowned as if he already regretted what he had said. He turned, left and the door closed with a shallow hiss.

Palpatine stared at the door where his now new apprentice had left. "He's angry, " he said. "He has always been angry with you" now turning to Netraam "do you know why?" Netraam shook his head. "He feels the force in you, as I he also feels the force in you is different from what it is inside of him. He is strong, he will be a great warrior. The Jedi's of these days will be no match for him. The pack will be weak and defenseless when I unleash Maul. Compared to him you appear weak, disarmingly weak. But he, as I do, senses you're alarmingly cunning. Why did you do what you did today Netraam. What did you do that left the College master dead on the floor?" Palpatine turned and started walking through the room, awaiting Netraam's answer. Now Netraam's face lost all it's sadness and a harsh stern look shot from his eyes. "The man was an ignorant, the student he wanted expelled had been a gifted one. A girl with capacities that he would not attain in a thousand years. And he knew it, he wanted her out beca

2. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
  3. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
    UP!! UP!!
    I like Bacon, Beans and Eggs for breakfast!
    Darth

4. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    I'm enjoying this, DT. I like the way you've woven your original character into the EP I events. Also like the backstory on how the decision was made to bring Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan into the trade dispute. Keep posting!

5. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
    New Incredible Post Coming Up Tuesday Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
  7. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
    Scene 9:
    Qui Gon and Obi Wan stared in surprise at the Padawan that had ran after them to call them into a council meeting. It was not going to be their last surprise today. The two Jedi?s followed her and she led them into the big oval room where the council normally has its conventions. Yet this time, only two members were present, Mace Windu and Yoda. Qui Gon looked at the two with a questioning expression on his face. Obi Wan stepped aside, as it was clear to him that his Master would speak t the council. ?Why have you called upon me so urgently? Has anything come up?? Qui Gon asked in a tone that was not unfriendly, but not very emphatic either. Mace Windu rose from his seat ?Master Qui Gon, we have come to ask your assistance in a matter of utmost importance to the Republic and the Senate. Just two hours ago the Supreme Chancellor requested our intervention in the conflict between the Senate and the Trade federation.? Windu looked sharply at Qui Gon, trying to assess any change in his face. But Qui Gon remained calm ?The Jedi Order is getting involved in a trade dispute?? He said with a flavour of irony. ?No.? Windu said ?No, we are not getting involved. We are merely going to act as envoys on the behalf of the Supreme Chancellor. There is a risk in the current blockade of Naboo by the Trade Federation. If this conflict is not settled soon, violence may erupt and then matters are worse. We will use whatever means we have to convince the Vice Roy of the Trade Federation to put an end to their campaign against those systems that initiated the tax law. The must seek a peaceful solution to their dispute.? Qui Gon was amazed by this change in policy of Mace Windu. Hadn?t he always been the promoter of disentangling the Jedi Order from small regional conflicts. Hadn?t he sought to focus the Order on the greater things, and not on petty issues of local systems? How had this sudden turn come about? ?Master Windu, what is the status of this mission. Do I have full backing from the Council?? Windu quickly looked at Yoda, but he seemed not to be interested at all. ?No, this is not a formal mission issued by the Council?. Qui Gon?s mouth fell open ?What? Does that mean that the Order is acting in service to another body, the Supreme Chancellor maybe? This is highly unusual! I remember a number of past cases where you utterly refused this type of intervention on our part! How must I understand this?? Mace Windu turned his look away from Qui Gon. He had feared that the Jedi Master wouldn?t just take on the mission and ask no further questions. ?Qui Gon. Let us call the things by their names. We are both thinking about the episode on Dantooine. Yes, indeed we refused to interfere and with hindsight, maybe we should have. But that is past now. Focus on the future. Let us not make these mistakes again. But also let us not make bigger mistakes in an attempt to avoid the inconsistencies of the past. I rely on you Qui Gon because I know that your heart goes with these sorts of interventions. This time, if things get rough I guarantee you, personally, that I will not let you down. This time you are in control and if you need more support, call for it and we will grant it. By the time the Council will hear of this, you should be on your way.? Qui Gon stuck out his hand for Mace Windu to shake it. ?I will go then, Master Windu. When do I leave?? Mace Windu waived to get Obi Wan to approach him. ?You and your Padawan should leave early next morning. We do not know how much time we still have.? Qui Gon bowed ?Yes Sir.? ?One more thing Jedi Master? Mace Windu added, ?You should speak with the Supreme Chancellor tonight in order to be briefed.?

?Master. I do not understand this. Since when does a senate bureaucrat brief us?? Obi Wan was very, very surprised by what he had heard tonight. ?I don?t know, my young Padawan. There is something special about this mission. But I do not know yet what. And I doubt whether Windu and Yoda do.? Qui Gon and Obi Wan walked towards their quarters. Just before the entrance to Obi Wan?s room Qui Gon said

8. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
  9. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
    Scene 10: {First half}

?Contact that Federation Battleship and tell them we want to board immediately? Qui Gon said to the shuttle?s navigator. ?Yes Sir? the navigator replied and started making contact with the ship in front of them. A whole fleet of similar battleships, hermetically closing down all trading and supply routes of the Naboo, surrounded the planet. The navigator tuned around ?Fifteen minutes to touch down Master? he said ?Thank you? Qui Gon replied and then turned towards Obi Wan ?Let?s proceed towards the rear of the ship and prepare to embark. These Trade federation types maybe stupid, but that doesn?t reduce the danger.? Obi Wan looked at his Master. Qui Gon appeared very confident the last couple of hours. Much of the strain that had surrounded him, his doubts and critical thoughts towards the Council seemed to have vanished. Obi Wan was not quite sure whether he understood Qui Gon at times like these. When they reached the portal cabin Qui Gon halted and looked at Obi Wan. ?When we leave our ship, cover your head with your garments. They will immediately recognise us as Jedi. They will be shocked for sure. They will not expect the chancellor playing such a strong card. When we stay calm and relaxed I sense that we have nothing to fear.? ?Will they let us in Master? Obi Wan asked, Qui Gon smiled ?oh yes they definitely will. The Trade Federation must also be seeking a way out of this. Their blockade of Naboo, no matter how threatening it appears, it makes no sense.? A sudden shudder announced the touchdown of the craft, Obi Wan and Qui Gon hid their faces behind cloth. The door opened and they stepped out. ?TC14 at your service? they were welcomed by a droide.

Netraam hurried back into his College office. His recognition that the death of the government official had strong Sith signatures had overwhelmed him. He should have known that Sidious was up to something. But why would he have sent him to Naboo if he knew that his next move was to occur there? There were many questions that remained unanswered. One thing seemed certain though. He was not going to be safe here for much longer. As he had entered his room and started packing his bags his gaze wandered across the city?s skyline. Naboo City was a wonderful place to be, and Queen?s College was even better. But the skies above Naboo city were cluttered with the Trade Federations battleships now, looming overhead. In the past few days Naboo had lost some of its innocence. Quickly Netraam packed his belongings and he was just about to lock his room as he heard shouting outside on the streets. He rushed back into his room to see from the windows what was happening. People gathered in the streets and they were pointing towards the skies. When Netraam looked up he saw it too. Myriads of little specks of light were emanating from the battleships. An invasion.

On Coruscant a young Jedi came plunging into Yoda?s office ?Master Yoda, Master Yoda? he called out. Yoda was lying on a bed, resting but turned towards him. ?What there is that troubles you so, you Padawan?? The boy was hardly able to talk ?Master Qui Gon, Master, we have lost all communications with Naboo!? Yoda rose up instantly, ?Not good that is. Not a good sign at all. Come, call in the council we must?. As the boy led Yoda from his room to the Councill hall, more Jedi Knights were pouring into the corridors. The news was spreading like an infectious disease.

Netraam rushed back to the door of his apartment. In the distance the first rumbling sounds of explosions could be heard. The Federation troops had started bombing the outer limits of Naboo city to cut-off power and communications. Panic spread quickly through the streets. People started running into their homes. What had caused this sudden turn of events. Netraam was baffled. He did not understand how the trade federation had come to this course of actions.
    He stood still, watching other people running aimlessly through the city. Where was he going? He realised that he did not have any other place to go, and now with the invasi

10. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
  11. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
    Great New Post Coming Up Later Tonight!! Stay Tuned!!

12. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
    Scene 11:
    The days were grey and dull in Camp 5. Whatever processing was, it wasn?t much. The food rations were extremely tight and you were lucky to have a meal a day. Droide guards had the place surrounded and for miles on there was nothing but greens. No chance of escaping under the cover of trees or anything else.
    After a brief period of fighting, but not even an entire day, the Trade Federation?s Armies had taken over control of most of the cities and rural areas. Only the swamps were still out of control. The droids were questioning the Naboo for information on the Gungans, but most kept quiet. Netraam assumed that most of them had actually never seen one really. Late in the afternoon on the first day of the invasion there had been a sudden burst of blaster fire echoing from the city and a ship was seen to hurtle out into orbit. Netraam wondered whether it would get anywhere, as the blockade was still ominously present. The nightsky saw more battleships than stars.

After three days had passed with the camp filling up steadily, suffering began. Nutrition levels were down with most people, women and children alike. The Trade Federation seemed very sure of its victory as every night they could watch a number of Battleships leave orbit. By the time a week had past, suffering became dying and Netraam was weakening by the hour. A single battleship had remained in the nightsky. Apparently this was enough for them. Netraam pitied the Naboo, a proud people with a sense of honour and dignity. They had to witness their planet being ravaged by these complete idiots of the Federation. Suddenly a question struck him: what did Maul have to do with all of this? It was a mystery.

?Master, I have traced their ship to the remote planet of Tatooine. It will not be difficult to find them there? Maul hissed. ?Good, my young Apprentice? Sidious replied ? then go there and get the Queen. Move against the Jedi first!? Maul nodded ?At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi? Sidious turned his face towards that of his Apprentice and said ?You haven been trained well. They will be no match for your powers?. Maul bowed his head, his Master was not very generous in praise. A good reason to show respect whenever he was. Maul carefully looked at Sidious? face. His Master was getting old and he had the feeling the time was not distant anymore that Maul?s skills would supersede those of his Master. Suddenly he remembered many discussions with Darth Tutor. He had always wondered why Tutor had been so adamant that the Sith Apprentice must seek to succeed his Master. No, succeed was not the word that Tutor had used, no it had been different. Yes, Darth Tutor had claimed the Apprentice was to exceed his Master and when he did he was to take his place. Back then Maul had always considered Tutor to be an arrogant bastard, but now he could see this point more clearly. There was something to it! Of course Tutor had been an arrogant bastard nonetheless. But now he was history. ?Master? Maul reopened the conversation. ?Master it was as you had foreseen, Darth Tutor was among the first casualties of the invasion? Sidious looked at Darth Maul with a inexplicable look in his eyes ?very well. Now administer yourself to your mission Lord Maul.? The dark Sith bowed again whispering ?Yes, my Master. As you wish?.

Netraam could not face this tragedy anymore. Something had to be done. The droids were managing genocide and everyone who could do something about it was somewhere else so it seemed. He had been in such a situation before and he didn?t like reliving past experiences. Back then he had been a little kid, not able, not trained. But now he was a Sith, a fully trained Sith! Well, maybe not as fully as he would have liked. He looked around himself. He was trained enough to get out while the droids had been stupid enough to think he had been a Naboo and thus not carrying weapons. They hadn?t even looked for his lightsaber. These transistorheads were always thinking in terms of ? blasters. Netraam focussed, mindtricks on machines had never been his

13. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
  14. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
    up up up

15. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
  16. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
  17. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
    up. New Post coming soon.

18. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
  19. DarthTutor

Feb 9, 2001
    You can read all of this on http://fan.starwars.com/DarthTutor
    where it's downloadable as well as a wordfile.
    If you want to use Darth Tutor in any of your stories, feel free to do so. But tell
    me so I can enjoy the reading.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.