main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Sci-Fi Expo Fan Day!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Sith_Mistress, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Saturday, Feb. 11 is Sci-Fi Expo Fan Day in Richardson, Tx. Admission to this convention is FREE!!!! Anthony Daniels (C-3PO) will be there signing autographs, and our very own Lucasfilm artists, Cat Staggs and Tom Hodges will be there, as well!!!

We haven't done a road trip in a very long time, so this is the perfect opportunity since admission is FREE! Depending on how many people plan to attend, we will probably rent a minivan and drive up there and return the same day, driving in shifts and splitting the cost of the van and gas. We'd like to start making arrangements for transportation soon, so if you are interested in attending, please let us know on this thread.

Lisa

Here is the link for more info on the convention: http://www.scifiexpo.com/

2. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    I would love to go to this one, however fate has boned me again. I have training for work the weekend of the 11th and will not be able to go. And this one is free for crying out loud!!

Could someone do me a favor? Could someone take a print I have and have Anthony Daniels sign it? I'll give whoever does the $25.
    Maybe next time I can make one of the GOOD conventions.

3. starbuck92

starbuck92 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    Ditto on not being able to attend. I've scheduled to meet with the folks at Texas A&M Kingsville to check out their school on Friday. :(

I'm with Mars, though - if there is any kind soul out there who'd be willing to get an autograph of Mr. Daniels, I'd gladly give them the $25 for it.

Sandra

4. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    Sandra, good luck on your school interview. Let us know how it goes. And like I told Mars, I don't see it being a problem to getting your autograph. We'll work something out....

As far as I know:
    Lisa
    Alex
    Robert

are the only ones who have expressed interest for the road trip...Anyone else??

5. JEDI_SHADOWTECH

JEDI_SHADOWTECH Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    I would like to go on this road trip.If you guy have room forme in your magic bus.
    If not you can strap me to hood of the car or tie a rope to the bumper and the other to me...
    just make sure its not a bugee cord:D

I will need more details

6. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Update on the travel list...Robert is no longer going...So as far as I know its, Lisa, Ernest?? and myself.

7. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    You guys still going? My training this weekend has been canceled and now I'm free. I'm low on cash, but I would like to go to check this thing out. Let me know if you are still heading up there. I'll do anything I need to do to tag along.

Let me know!

8. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    We need a final count by tonight midnight if that is ok with Lisa......In case we need to rent a van.....Everybody wanting to go Saturday needs to chime in.....
    Alex
    Marselles
    Lisa
    Ernest??

9. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    That's fine with me, and I'm so glad that you'll be able to make it, Marselles. I was not too thrilled about the idea of doing all the driving on the way back. And it looks like the weather is going to be okay too, just chilly and windy, not rainy like they predicted earlier in the week.

We also need to figure out where we're going to meet.

Lisa

10. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Hey if you guys want to get together let me. Some of the Waco group is going to be there. :D

11. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    We can meet at my place and park the cars in my driveway....If thats ok with everyone....Let me know......

12. JEDI_SHADOWTECH

Nov 12, 2005
    I'm still up for this road trip. Let me know when & where to meet you guy. I'll leded aa hand in driving your car won't look the same when you get it back:D

I alwasy wanted to feel how the real deal was compare to the arcades games.[face_laugh]

13. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    That would be great! We would love to meet up with you at the convention! Send me a PM with your contact information. We hope to be arriving at about lunchtime, so maybe we can meet up with you for lunch.

Marselles & Ernest, we are planning on meeting at Alex's place at 7:00 a.m., and we'll be taking Alex's vehicle. You have both been there before, but let me know if you need directions. This way we only have to split the cost of gas and pay for our own food, drinks, etc.

Lisa

14. Darth-Hulk

May 2, 2003
    That is cool with me. I will be there.

15. JEDI_SHADOWTECH

Nov 12, 2005
    I'm there...bright & early:D

16. Sith_Mistress

Nov 12, 2001
    I'll be there too, but just a warning, I am NOT a morning person! Be afraid, be very afraid!

There were a couple of people who wanted Anthony Daniels autograph. If you do, please make sure to contact us ASAP!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.