main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY SCJ Palace Theater BDay Party

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by T_StarFlyer, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
  2. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    muchos tankies for posting those! I didnt bring my camera!!! :_|

I had a great time! thanks for coming out! :) It was great to see everyone and the costumes were amazing!!!!!

3. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Don't mean to confuse folks, but I just moved Tom's picture album in with all the other event albums so it's now located here.

~Doc_Bev

4. scvp

scvp Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2005
    Hello, this is Ron, the guy who set up the party for his son Nathan - I wanted to thank all of you who came out. Nathan must have told me two dozen times last nite it was his best birthday ever. He loved every bit of it. You all were wondering and looked great! And I hope you all enjoyed watching the movie on the big screen (for me, it was the first time I had seen the original version on the big screen since 1977 - I had seen the special edition when that hit theaters, but not the very original version before Lucas tinkered with it - there are not many opportunities I guess - fun stuff).

Hope to see you all again soon, take care,

-Ron

5. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Great to hear, oh & by the way, the Stake & Shake place that you recommended, was friggin awesome! There was enought food there for Dinner & 2 days of lunches for 2 people. Great suggestion & Thanks for having us!

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    yeh Is till have wings left over in the fridge for a late night snack with my movie ... [face_devil]

7. scvp

scvp Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2005
    I was happy to read that you all enjoyed Steak & Sundae - I love that place!

I would love to do a Star Wars fan film fest - picking the best and most current stuff to show one day at the Palace, could even have the costume players come in to (discount ticket prices for dressing up!). What kind of interest would you guys all have in something like that?

Let me know, thanks!

-Ron
    www.b-movie.com

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    That sounds like an awesome idea!
    There are some very cool fan films out there. :cool:

~Doc_Bev

9. scvp

scvp Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2005
    let's work on a list - what's recent that is very good (either you have seen or heard about). I can start seeking stuff out, filmmakers, etc.

-Ron

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    It might be a good idea to start a new thread.
    Folks might wander by and have some ideas to contribute, but won't read this thread necessarily.

~Doc_Bev

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    we talked about doing this right after the pary but were trying to figure out when the best time was, then when I was about to start a thread the indy fest popped up and I felt they were too similar to start a thread on it LOL

I think it would be awesome if we could have our NE fanfilms be shown here and have the audience vote on them and the winner announced at the FF awards each year.

Thoughts?

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I have no idea what the indy fest is. Is it Star Wars fan films?

I'll have to dig up the info I researched for Astronomicon's video room and the DVD we made to play at events that had fan films on it.

EDIT: This was all 2 years ago so I'm sure there's many more films out since then, but here's a few titles:

Knight Quest
    Troops
    Bounty Trail
    A Question of Faith
    Broken Allegiance
    Revelations

These are the ones I know I have on DVD.

Another resource would be the Fan Film message boards here on theforce.net
    http://boards.theforce.net/fan_films/b10015/p1
    I'm sure there's tons of info there and if you put out a call for submissions, many film makers would love to know their work would be on the big screen.

~Doc_Bev

13. scvp

scvp Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2005
    yes, let's start a new thread.

I had kind of abandoned it too but then I saw the sci-fi event this weekend was nothing like what I envisioned, so I say let's do it. We just have to do it with SU is in session. It will help to have the students there.

Let's start a new thread - Doc, if you don't mind, repost your list there.

I'll also add to it too...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.