main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA SDSWS Third Anniversary Party!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Apr 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Last week was officially our third Anniversary of the club. To celebrate this milestone, I have offered to host our next meeting at my home for the SDSWS Anniversary party. How does May 28th or 29th sound? By then things should have slowed down quite a bit.

Party Fun:

- The party will start at 4pm - midnight or whenever
    - Barbecue dinner (main courses are provided by me) & Potluck side dishes, snacks, sodas (provided by you)
    - Pool
    - I will try and get a big screen and a projector somewhere, so we can watch Star Wars in the backyard under the stars.. (and annoy my neighbors at the same time MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!) Bring your folding chairs if you like, I also have large blankets for people to sit on the lawn.

Any other ideas for cool things to do at the party? And NO, we are NOT watching the Holiday special again! :p

2. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Either day is good for me. My kids will probably want to come and swim in the pool. Mitchell loves the water; he was a fish in a previous life. :D

3. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/legomania2/Junk/RidePuss.jpg]

4. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Can I come? I'll bring Twister!

5. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Oooh.. This I can actually come to. :) Yay!

Right now, amazingly enough, I have both days totally free on my calendar. So, either or works for me.

It's amazing how empty your schedule is after that magic end of semester graduation date. Hehe. :)

6. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    James, the OCSWS and LAFF are both welcome to come.

Twister? Sure... I'll get some video of that... that should be entertaining for years to come. LOL!

Maybe we should have it on the Saturday. That way people don't need to rush to get home, and can crash for the night if they need to.

7. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Cool! Lemme know when you set a date! I can bring DDR too, that's always embarasi. . I mean entertaining :D

[image=http://www.8ttb.com/_images/pics/pictures/mini-6%20-%20injik%20is%20a%20DDR%20junkie.JPG]

8. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    We have nothing on the calendar for either day so we should be good. It's a 3 day weekend for Jon too so that's cool!

9. JediNyt

JediNyt Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    Will it be the 28th or 29th? I need to know so I can try to get that time off. My job can make me work any day of the week and at any time between 9am and 10pm.

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    And NO, we are NOT watching the Holiday special again!

Awww! :(

(jk :p)

And LMAO! Brian, don't scare me like that! I saw my picture and thought, "hey, I didn't post here!!" [face_laugh]

But yeah, if someone would be generous enough to give me a ride, I can make it. :D

11. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    Oh geez, my older son has a friend with that game (Dance, Dance Revolution) and he LOVES it. [face_laugh]

Linda, let me know what else I can bring besides a side dish. :)

12. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i could be persuaded to drive brian and rachel down... if i'm not thoroughly sick of star wars at that point..

;)

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Thoroughly sick of Star Wars? :eek:

BLASPHEMY!! :p

14. jess_squared

jess_squared Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    Yeah, the Saturday seems like the saner day to have a party that could potentially go late. :) Have Sunday, for most people at least, to sleep in and whatnot.

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    THE EVENT WILL BE SATURDAY MAY 28TH

Donna, and everyone else. Whatever you bring for a side dish is fine, just please post here so that not everyone brings the same thing. The main courses will be barbecued terriyaki steak, chicken kabobs, and hamburgers and hotdogs. Additionally the SDSWS Anniversary cake, and the buns, condiments, utensils, plates, napkins will be provided by me. Other than side dishes, you can bring chips, dips, or drinks.

16. GreyJedi

May 16, 2002
    3-Bean Salad with sweet dressing (my grandmother's recipe).

Has it really been 3 years? :confused:

WE ROCK!

17. EmperorArtimus

EmperorArtimus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    Cool. Hopefully I can get that day off or something.

18. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I'll try to bring some sodas. :D

19. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    I'll be there. If I've worked out the bugs in my projector, I will bring it so we can watch Star Wars outside. :)

20. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Thanks Brendan! I can't think of a better way to watch Star Wars than outside under the STARS with good friends.

21. EmperorArtimus

EmperorArtimus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    Bigger question.. Holiday special?? As in ye olde Star wars Holiday Special?? I knwo your probably gonna say well DUH. Because if so.. I want a copy.. LOL And here I thought Good old Lucas destroyed them all.

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes, as in the infamous Star Wars Holidy Special. We watched it at our Christmas Party. :D

23. vkyoshi

vkyoshi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    i would like to go but we'll see.

i've just been informed by a certain branch of the federal government that they want four months of my life starting may 2 to Sept.

just sent them a letter very nicely telling them to go stuff it.

well see what happens . i should know whats up next week .

just remember if anyone comes around flashing badges you know nothing . ;)

"badges? ... we don't need no stinkin badges..."

24. JediG60racer

JediG60racer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Dude, I *told* you not to go around telling girls that you're FBI and needed to frisk them!!!!

25. vkyoshi

vkyoshi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    hey a mans gotta have a hobby .

besides you never know which ones may be with a subversive group aimed at over throwing our peaceful democratic nation .

i'm not doing this for myself. i'm doing it to protect all of us .

thats me the lone heroic figure, guarding our nation against the evils of radical marxist estroginians.

you can thank me latter. time to go on patrol .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.