main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Second meeting of the Charm City FanForce!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Motterman, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    Ladies and gentlemen, (and droids)

Announcing the second ever meeting of the Charm City FanForce!

When: March 9th 1:00pm
    Where: Inner Harbour in Baltimore at a restaurant to be determined in this thread

Other details to be decided upon soon...

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    I don't think we should meet in a restaurant because there's limited room, plus we have to get a table. It would be nicer if we could meet somewhere without organization needed.

3. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    A possibility is the Galleria. If we meet in the food court, e veryone can get what they like and there is plenty of room. It has the added benefit of fitting into pretty much everyone's budget. Plante Hollywood is another or Hard Rock are two other places that will fit budgets pretty well.

4. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Wouldn't Planet Holywood have some Star Wars artifacts? That might be the ideal theme-oriented meeting place...

5. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Ummm, isn't the Planet Hollywood kind of ... gone? I went to Baltimore last December for TubaChristmas and the players practiced in the abandoned building.

I would like to attend meetings, but it's hard to get off work and get transportation from Frederick.

6. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, if we pick a restaurant, maybe it would be a good idea to make an advanced reservation, if possible. That way it would be a lot easier to get a large enough table to separate Darth-Nader and Eva from food fights. :D

7. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Wampa, you maybe right. I haven't been to the Inner Harbor enough times to know that. The ESPN Zone is there though.

8. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I have to agree about the harbor place with all the food. There are so many choices that you can satisfy just about everyone. And if condiments start flying again, the seagulls will be there to pick it all up.

9. BigBroadcastah

BigBroadcastah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2002
    I dont care where its at as long as you people show up on time this time!! lol

10. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Howdy there, Big Broadcastah. Welcome to the forums! :)

11. BigBroadcastah

Feb 24, 2002
    hi, i dont know if you were at the first meeting but i was the big tall guy there with Mogook.

12. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Hey, I was only 10 minutes late! 8-}

13. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm actually gonna be in Baltimore that weekend! :eek: But, its for a TV taping, and then I have to go home :( . I might have been able to talk my parents into it, but its also a family member's birthday, so maybe I'll be able to make the 3rd one?

14. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    I was 10 minutes early, it's just that no one knew I was there! :D

But I should be recognizable to some at the second meeting. If not, just look for the weirdo wearing nothing but whipped cream! ;)

15. BigBroadcastah

Feb 24, 2002
    remind me not to show up for that one, lol.

16. DerthNader

DerthNader Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 25, 2001
    In reality, there will be no whipped cream present. I will be coming off of jet lag, and will no doubt be so bloggy that someone will doubtless have to poke me with a fork to see if I'm still alive.

I won't be wearing whipped cream OR sporks, but I can't guarantee that I'll be wearing matching colors! :)

17. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    It seems that the Force continue to act in its very strange ways. I got the date for the second meeting of the Baltimore Council, but other Missions continue to stop me from being in the Meetings. Dear members of the council, what are the probabilities of sliding the Meeting for the next weekend? I would really like to assist and meet all of you.

"The Force is strong on this one."

That will give me also time to finish last details to my Lightsaber.

"The lightsaber is the Jedi's weapon. A more civilized weapon, for more civilized times."

Members of the council, hear my request and give consideration to it. My deepest gratitudes to all of you in advance, for your time in reading my request and for any help given to me.

May the Force be with us...always.
    Fipe Naz-mero, JKA
    USA-NE Region
    Baltimore, MD Council

18. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Postponing to the next weekend isn't such a great idea, as that is St. Pat's weekend, a lot of partying, drinking and a crowded Inner Harbor altogether.

19. BigBroadcastah

Feb 24, 2002
    yeah i like the current weekend we have set, the next i have some graduation shizzle to attend. and by the way, do we have any suggestions as to where exactly we are meeting? like something we could vote on?

20. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Is this open to anyone? I just joined.

21. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Yes, Chissdude. Suggestion, we gotta get our act together, because people like Chissdude want to join us and haven't been to the first meeting. I am making a suggestion here, so if people don't like it, you got the weekend to complain. Why don't we park in the Rusty Scupper parking lot and walk down to meet behind the planetarium and decide where to go for lunch from there. If you'd like I can phone Jim O'Leary and/or Favio and ask if we can meet inside the lobby of the planetarium if it is raining. I could also try and weedle guest passes for an IMAX or a planetarium show, but a.) there isn't much time for that b.)Saturday is a planetarian's busy day and I wouldn't want to take revenue away from them. Should we wear our t-shirts again? There are a lot of new folks who otherwise won't recognize us on sight. I could bring my Jedi vs Sith knapsack with me again. And a field trip to Barnes and Nobel with my 25% off card, I need JA#18 and possibly Approaching Storm. Gotta feed my habit, doncha know. Anybody know if you can buy lingerie in the Inner Harbour? :D

22. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    Well, it's looking more and more that I won't be able to make the meeting this Saturday. My Mom has been visiting, since my Aunt has been in the hospital, and I need to take her to the airport on Saturday afternoon.

I'll keep you updated if plans change, etc.

23. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    My best wishes for your Aunt, Motter. We'll keep you well informed if you have to miss this week. Derth...find a good deal on whipped cream and sporks? ;) [face_devil]

24. Motterman

Dec 22, 2000
    If Derth's coming to the meeting in whipped cream, my mom can walk! [face_devil]

25. ErrantVenture

ErrantVenture Jedi Youngling

Feb 11, 2002
    Well I'm going to be there, whenever we figure out where there is. Isbeth addressed one of my concerns, which is: where can you park at the Inner Harbor? If it would help people find us, I can just wear my multicolored ski hat. Trust me, you couldn't miss this hat if you were blind, and it is much warmer than whipped cream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.