main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Seeking Fellow Michigan SW Fans

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by KevinRawJedi, Mar 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinRawJedi

KevinRawJedi Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2001
    Hey! I am a 19 m from Adrian MI. I'm actually here for collge and tell you the God honest truth this place sucks, especially when it comes to SW fans. So my plee is this: Anyone whom wants to chat Star Wars lets do it. The way I see it, us fans are a dime a dozen in society today. We know plot lines and characters that other people just don't care or don't want to know about till may 02. So why not band together and let it out. For me I have been reading Prequel news here at school since August and haven't had a single in depth star wars ep 2 conversation yet. I gotta believe there is someone else out there in michigan with the same situation. So I am going to challenge you to that. Let the rambling start. MTFBWY
    Kevin

2. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    Hey Kevin,
    I'm 15 & from Ann Arbor. I know what you mean about the fans out here - it's kind of pathetic how few I've found that are serious. Unfortunately, I'm not letting myself see any episode II stuff right now but if you ever get bored enough & want to talk about something else SW, write me at SwordChick@aol.com.
    -Kat

3. jblucas42

jblucas42 Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2001
    Isn't that the truth!!! I feel like there are no SW Fans here in Bay City, Michigan other than me. I'm trying to put together a Fan Film this summer, and it has been difficult to find people. I have scoured the web to no avail. Check out my website and if you are interested in keep in touch on SW related stuff, or want to help with the fan film, drop me a note.
    Jason

4. Darth was Mauled

Darth was Mauled Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    I am SW fan from Plymouth

5. Tynine

Tynine Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2001
    Hey Kevin,

I'm a major fan from Detroit....Love to chat about SW anytime just drop me a line sometime( menace214@hotmail.com ) or check out my site at http://stop.at/destinyoftheson

jay(tynine)

6. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Hello all, I'm from near Saginaw and love to discuss SW. I have a few friends who are into SW, not like me though---know what I mean?

I just got soooo April fooled! I got an email from raypark.com stating that it was "official" that Darth Maul was going to return in Eps. III. I was like WHAT? HOW? And so I went to the website to see what it was all about--and failed to put two and two together when I saw a pic of Maul with "Happy April Fools" written over his face--searched the site for information--then went to starwars.com and saw all this Empire Strikes back release stuff--didn't really understand it. Then continued on to theforce.net and saw the story about it being an April fools joke that CNN reported that Lucas was going to pursue the making of Eps.'s 7,8,and 9. It's a good thing I didn't come to that one on April fools day, I would've flipped if I thought that it was true. Anyhow, just trying to start some conversation here.

[iwakura.lain]

7. spectre7277

spectre7277 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2001
    Hello everyone, Im Jeff, a SW fan from way back (I saw a new hope at the drive-in when I was 5) I really hope Episode two is done a little better than one was. Am I alone in hoping that Jar Jar Binks meets a horrific end at the hands of the Mandalorian Warriors?

Let me know Leave a message at my website,

www.unauthorized-realms.com

8. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    Hello Jeff,

I guess I'm one of the few people who doesn't wish harm to Jar Jar--I also like Ewoks--and the Ewok song--have no fear though, I'm definately in the minority on this one. I actually saw a website a long time ago that was called something like "Association for the Extinction of the Gungan Race." So, what region of MI are you from?

9. KevinRawJedi

Mar 10, 2001
  10. KevinRawJedi

Mar 10, 2001
    Hey All,

Wow I am surprised by all the responses so far. Tell you the truth I gave up after not getting any responses. But low and behold I have found all of you. SWEET.

SO what now?

The last selct was cool, thats where Spoiler***********

Windu and Jango go at it, my question is. What becomes of Boba after you know who passes on? Does someone take him in. I bet a jedi does or maybe sidous. Itll be somethyin scandoulous I bet. Oh well hope to hear from you fellow fans. And by the way The fan from Plymouth: I used to live in Plymouth, I went to CC. Talk lata
    Kev

11. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    hmm, haven't seen the latest select picture yet. I've heard of this Jango Fett though-- I don't know, maybe it's just because the name is new to me--but it's kind of goofy sounding. I guess I will just have to get used to it.

[iwakura.lain]

12. KevinRawJedi

Mar 10, 2001
    My question is about all the new names. How do we pronounce Jango. I thought one way then on a TFN Digital they said it another. Is it like a hard J or soft J.???Kev

13. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    I have been pronouncing it with a hard J but I've never had the patience to download theforce.net digital--so I've never heard anyone else pronounce it. I'm not much help.
    Sorry.

[iwakura.lain]

14. Darth was Mauled

Darth was Mauled Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Is there anybody still here?

15. KevinRawJedi

Mar 10, 2001
    IM here, is that any good

16. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    I'm still here too!

Anyone else see the poll on theforce.net??

The next sw celebration in indianapolis!! I haven't been able to find a whole lot of info--I looked at theforce.net's calendar and they said it will be at the Indiana Convention center or something...the dates aren't confirmed or anything, but for us in Michigan that will be so much less of a drive as opposed to Denver---actually I was anticipating it being in Denver and I wanted to be able to drive to it--but I didn't really want to drive for that amount of time--but since it's going to be just in our neighboring state of indiana that will be so easy of a drive! I'm so EXCITED!! I'm kinda mad though too because there isn't anywhere I can find any info on it...I mean I'm not looking for a guest list or anything but still...Hey, did anyone here attend the Denver celebration?? I didn't.

[iwakura.lain]

17. KevinRawJedi

Mar 10, 2001
    I question why no one is responding? Is there no true fans here? C'mon.....I can't do it all.
    kev

18. Iwakura

Apr 2, 2001
    Well, I'm attempting to initiate converastion also with no luck...?...

[iwakura.lain]

19. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    ...from Northern Oakland County...

if anyone feels like a discussion...I'm up for it.

20. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    I'm also in northern Oakland county. Oxford to be exact. I also work in Southfield.

21. Darth_Maul349

Darth_Maul349 Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2001
    hey, sure I accept your challenge. E-Mail me at akozar@bignet.net. I am in Novi Michigan.

22. astro0

astro0 Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2001
    tecumseh MI.

23. DARTH LOEAK

DARTH LOEAK Jedi Master star 2

Feb 13, 2000
    I live in Battle Creek. Yep...true story.

24. Darth Homer 327

Darth Homer 327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 1999
    Another Michigander signing in. I live in Macomb county. [face_mischief]

25. Professor Moriarty

Professor Moriarty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 27, 1999
    What's up guys? I am from Troy and I guarentee that I am a bigger Star Wars fan than all of you put together. Sorry, I was just trying to get everyone's panties in a bunch. Anyhow, I'm actually in Phoenix right now because I go to The Art Institute of Phoenix and study CGI. I just transferred here from U of M. It's nice to know that there are other Star Wars fans from my area that feel as fervent about it as I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.