main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seeking Saga edition Ben Skywalker stats

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Onderon1, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008

I expect - or at least hope - we'll see Ben (and the GAG, and Caedus) in the Legacy sourcebook in March, but I've come across fan-made Ben writeups online.

The problem is, they seem to keep sinking into obscurity. Anyone got any Saga Edition links to Ben stats?

Respectfully,
    Onderon1

2. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    My impression is that the forthcoming Legacy sourcebook is going to be covering the Legacy comics. So while you'll have Cade, Krayt, the IK's, and the rest of that group, you won't be finding Ben, the GAG, and Jacen/Caedus.

3. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    He'd have a Scout/Jedi blend, like his father I think. Gather Information/Sneak trained, don't have any to link to though I'm afraid. Homebrew!

4. inkpenavenger

inkpenavenger Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2005
    I agree. If you can't find stats you like (or if you don't like the stats in the books) build the character yourself.

5. NarCranor

NarCranor Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    If you check over on the holonet forums at http://www.swrpgnetwork.com in the D20 forum, there are some guys doing a legacy novel fan sourcebook, I am certain they have some.

6. Onderon1

Mar 18, 2008

Thanks. I did check out that forum, but the stats seemed a little ... combat-heavy for what we see Ben do in DN and LOTF.

LOTF, especially, suggests that he's got a much wider array of skills and powers - enough that a Scoundrel/Jedi/Soldier build seems indicated.

The Unseen Queen: Force thrust (untrained ... maybe ...), and possibly ionize (the escape trick Jacen and Ben mention when being approached by Allana's nanny droid).

Betrayal: surge (elevator on Adumar), negate energy (Y-wing explosion); skills - Acrobatics (outside of building on Adumar), Stealth (Centerpoint), Deception (guards on Centerpoint), Persuasion (attempts to impress Nelani).

Bloodlines: Force slam (restaurant scene), Force Perception/Foresight (danger sense); skills - Knowledge: tactics (a line mentions that he's learned a lot about sieges in a short time).

Exile: A cornucopia - fear (from KOTOR sourcebook; making old woman on Drewwa back off), mind trick (the ad guy, again on Drewwa), move object (rocks on Ziost); skills - Treat Injury (Faskus, Use Computer (hacking the Y-wing data)

Sacrifice: Clear Mind doesn't seem strong enough to account for the "disappearing in the Force" power; maybe Buried Presence from TFU?; possibly the Sniper feat (for which Point Blank Shot is a prereq, so Scoundrel works once more...)

Inferno: Definitely Endurance, in the Embrace; Deception (the ordinary skill) when deceiving Caedus.

Invincible: Force Disarm (lieutenant in the torture chambers), possibly Equilibrium to deal with being tortured.

There's a strong indication that Ben was a Scoundrel 1/Jedi 4/Soldier 3 by Tempest, much less by Invincible. Powerful, but he is a Skywalker ...

7. NarCranor

NarCranor Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    You seem to have done a fair bit of research into it, thats most of the hard work. Why not just do the stats?

8. Onderon1

Mar 18, 2008

I'll post them when I have them done. It's taking a bit longre than planned - RL and all that ...

9. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    How are these going? All the hard work you did went some way to doing the job.

10. Onderon1

Mar 18, 2008
    OK ... here goes nothing. [face_thinking]

Ben Skywalker (CL 8)

Human young adult scoundrel 1/Jedi 3/Soldier 4

Destiny:? Force: 7 DS: 1

Init: +11 Perception: + 12

Languages: Basic, 3 others

Defenses: Ref 22 (20 flat-footed?), Fort 22, Will 23

HP: 63 Threshold: 22

Speed: 6 squares

Melee: lightsaber 2d8 + 5

vibroblade: 2d6 + 5

Ranged: blaster pistol 3d6 + 4

Base atk: +7 Grapple: +9

Special Actions: Equilibrium

Force powers known (Use the Force + 12): move object, surge, mind trick, negate energy, Force slam; three more - version 1, battle strike, Force disarm, rebuke; version 2, Force shield, technometry, vital transfer

Abilities (young adult; -1 to all abilities):

STR 12, DEX 14, CON 14, INT 18, WIS 16, CHA 16

Talents: Block, Deflect, Clear Mind, Force Perception, Equilibrium

Feats: Armor Proficiency (light), Force Sensitivity, Force Training (2), Informer, Skill Training (Endurance, Pilot, Treat Injury, Knowledge: tactics), Weapon Proficiency (lightsabers, advanced melee weapons, pistols, simple weapons)

Skills: Acrobatics + 11, Deception + 12, Endurance + + 11, Gather Information + 12, Initiative + 11, Knowledge (tactics) + 13, Mechanics + 13, Perception + 12, Pilot + 11, Stealth + 11, Treat Injury + 12, Use Computer + 13, Use the Force + 12

Possessions: Jedi robe, Galactic Alliance Guard uniform (light armor?), blaster pistol, lightsaber, vibroblade, flight utilities (flight suit), utility belt w/medpac

This is Ben as of Exile, possibly the start of Sacrifice. I dropped Point Blank Shot and swapped in Skill Training (Pilot), since while his younger self in DNT seemed quite scoundrel-like (mechanics, computer use, stealth, deception), I'm pretty sure Mara would have taught him more about how to fly than how to shoot in close.

The higher-than-usual number of Force powers are because I started the build with Ben as a child, subtracting 4 from STR and CON and 2 from the other abilities; then he regained +3 to STR and CON and + 1 to the others as he became a young adult. Also, there's two ability increases at 4th and 8th levels.

The starting abilities were STR 12, CON 15, DEX 15, INT 18, WIS 17 and CHA 15 - free-rolled, not off the top of my head.

The INT and WIS do seem a bit high, until I remembered Ben's photographic memory, and he had a few deep insights at times.

Version 1 of the Force powers are Ben's from canon (although rebuke is debatable, given that Jacen hit him with Force lightning in Inferno); version 2 is from an AU bit of fanfiction I'm writing ...

11. Darth_Reese

Darth_Reese Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2009
    What are you talking about?

12. Onderon1

Mar 18, 2008

Do you mean the two diferent sets of powers, or the fanfiction? I don't want to break any rules by posting links ...

AFA the powers - we saw Ben use Force disarm in Invincible, and I'd assume the canon Ben probably has battle strike. While the second set (technometry, vital transfer, etc.) is purely from my fanfic story ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.