main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sept. Meeting

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by Sith_Steve, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Who in the world is Darth Jurist? Did we invite this Darth to our boards? However I agree, we should probably be a little more Politically Correct. We talked about Multi-tasking and the Presidency, so thats what you call the cigar trick=Multi-tasking. So we should probably be on our best behavior.

2. tyr_9204

tyr_9204 Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2003
    I offer and option to the 27th meeting please see Underworld option. Thank you.

3. zpac4

zpac4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    The one "Darth Jurist" is my mighty padawan who is about to run through this board and lightsaber everyone in half. He's also the board moderator, who basically runs this thing, checking for obscenities, inappropriate material, etc. End Transmission.

4. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    So what's the actual plan? Are we hitting the movies to see Underworld or are we scoping out the other "underworld"?
    It would be nice to know before I make any definite plans.

5. Count_Looku

Count_Looku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Actualy Darth Jurist is a moderator of the board, has the power to ban Your IP and SHE is a girl......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................THREAD DEAD

6. Sith_Steve

Sith_Steve Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2002
    We or most of us are going to the "other underworld" at 9-9:30 on the 27th

7. Neckless06

Neckless06 Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2002
    i see so it will be at the sameplace as our first meeting on the eve of my leaving the island. secsell....... i mean excellent.

8. QCJediLance

QCJediLance Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Thats nice but i will not be able to attend this MEETING with you guys this time becouse of location.

9. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    I am not sure if the other half is coming or not. She just got a new job and this may not fit the schedule but we'll see. I didn't expect to see this turn to the dark side so quickly. Don't you just love inuendos? So much easier to get than pig latin. Speaking of which can someone send me or post the address? I've never been so msn maps is a must. I hate mapquest.

10. Neckless06

Aug 11, 2002
    Since my love life is going down in a flaming ball of fire i look forward to this meeting. also anyone with connections to hot girls of any type plz let me know

11. Sith_Steve

Aug 18, 2002
  12. qcjediJohn_AM

qcjediJohn_AM Jedi Master star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Unfortunetly, Im not going to be able to make it either, although, if anyone comes to see Underworld in the theater, I'll be working, so be sure to say hi! :)

13. DoctorD52

DoctorD52 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    lets recap what time everyone is meeting tonight and where

14. Sith_Steve

Aug 18, 2002
    9 PM At The Formula Wear store!

15. DoctorD52

Jan 29, 2003
    I say we meet in the parking lot then go in all together.

16. ChrisKenobi

ChrisKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    The leauge is set and the game is on.

17. ChrisKenobi

ChrisKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    A good time was had by all...

18. UluUlix

UluUlix Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Sorry I had to bail but the timing just wasnt right for this event. I am truly sorry to anyone that I may have offended. I am glad you all had fun and maybe next time.

19. quadcityteecee1

quadcityteecee1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2002
    Whether the Formal Wear Store or the "Inappropriate Adult Subject" DarthJurist rightly talked about waving off of a family-oriented BBS like this, good venues for Official Meetings need to be found.

I would politely submit that the club was, to my mind, organized with families and women in mind, as well as male ne'er-do-well's like us:). If events are to be scheduled in this vein, I wish those gentlemen who choose to so indulge themselves good luck on their endeavors. I would, again politely, tend to make other plans.

"Guys Nights Out" are a viable option for those that choose them, but if we want to step forward and maintain a good image in our community, we might want to refrain from making such events Offical QCJO events. The saying goes that a man is judged by the company he keeps, and certainly I look at the League of Forceful Gentlemen here as good company...

I hope that doesn't change. I would also hope that such events don't hurt the good reputation our organization holds in the community. The same good decision making that made this club can also better this club.

Just my opnion, not trying to be preachy, but still how I feel and I hope it counts. Till later, always a Friend in the Force--TeeCee.

20. DoctorD52

Jan 29, 2003
    you dont know me to well do you?

21. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Who in the world is Darth Jurist?
    Actually she is one of the 2 RSA (Regional Support Administrator) responsible for responsible for addressing any and all concerns regarding Fanforce boards. BTW...I'm the other one! ;)

Did we invite this Darth to our boards
    Actually, it's not a matter of invitation...we're here to assist and ensure everything that goes on here holds up to the terms of service you agree to when posting on FF boards.

good venues for Official Meetings need to be found
    That would be a VERY good idea in the future!(hint, hint) You guys are free to go where you want (on your own time)...but "official" FF events/meetings need to be held in places where anyone is welcome and comfortable to attend. And planning these types of outing (on the boards) is grounds for Morderator action...and DarthJurist and I really don't want to have to go through that.

22. Neckless06

Aug 11, 2002
    Hey man i dont mean to be a d*ck or anything but if youre going to yell at us or scold us. please have the common courtesy to at least spell the words right. I checked it out and the word "morderator" that you used is definatly not a word. I think you were going for "moderator" please notice the lack of an "r" after the "o" and before the "d". just a helpful hint. oh and since i'm probably going to get banned for this anyway might as well go all out. Seriously it's a sad day when you have nothing better to do with your life then scan message boards for what you deem "innappropriate material" because really thats all relative to your social and cultural standpoint. For instance my friend tien finds somethings innapropriate while i find those very same things normal. The same is true for some of us in the QCJO some of us find the formal wear store a very nice locale and part of a normal society while others find it to be less than ideal for meetings. I'd also point out that this isnt a mandantory fuction no one is required to attend these things and is not obligated to attend one if they don't think the location is good for them. And with that i'm off like a prom dress

23. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Seriously it's a sad day when you have nothing better to do with your life then scan message boards for what you deem "innappropriate material" because really thats all relative to your social and cultural standpoint

As RSAs part of our job is to monitor to boards for what the owners deem inappropriate material As stated above, Fan Force Forums are required to comply with the same restrictions and limitations regarding the ?family friendly? standard. You may not 'expand your horizons' because of 'social or cultural standpoints'.

You may not realize this, but the boards are checked every few days, and since I'm out of town, Krash is covering for me.

As for the spelling errors...

Pot.
    Kettle.
    Black.

~H~

24. zpac4

zpac4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    Neck, I think you're barking up the wrong tree here. Let the mods do their job and stay out of their way. I feel bad that others were uncomfortable with the whole "formal wear store" thing - I also understand. However, what's done is done. Personally, I'm glad that we're bringing back the fedora, so some good did come out of this. For those of you that didn't go in the store, it was boring anyway, so you didn't miss anything. End Transmission.

25. Sith_Steve

Aug 18, 2002
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE KILL THIS THREAD! ITS DONE AND OVER WITH, PLEASE MOVE ALONG NOW!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.