main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Serena's Art - Update 4/12 - How to Train Your Dragon digital arts and digital art Self-portrait

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I love her hair! It's just how I imagine it to look.=D=

2. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    Great job on Mara. [face_love] =D=

3. KotORBF2Female_Revan

KotORBF2Female_Revan Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 21, 2009
    Pretty! Me like!
    It looks so sparkly...

4. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    yessssssss XD... this is exactly how I imagine mara ! ^__^
    really good job. I like her hair more red than orange ^^
    I hope you do more of mara, because you capture her very well.
    =D=

5. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Oooh, great colouring job! She looks great! =D= I love how you did the skin tones. And her hair and outfit look wonderful as well. The colour really adds to it, makes her look that much more intense. Good stuff!

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    perfect colours for Mara. Beautiful picture that way with those green eyes and red hair.

7. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    QueenMother_LK: Thank you so much!! I love Mara, too. She rocks.

Jag4Me: Hey!! Thanks for stopping by, Jagster! [:D]:) I'm glad you like it. The hair gave me a bit of trouble, but I think it turned out OK.

Black-Dog:
    Thank you!!

KotORBF2Female_Revan: Haha, thanks!!

Kiyuuchan: Thank you so much! I had a hard time deciding what color I'd make her hair - I didn't want it to be a brown-red, just really red. And thank you for that! I plan on drawing a lot more of Mara - she's got a special place in my heart. I'd love to do one of her and Luke - and I think I will. :)

Iverna: Thank you!! I really appreciate your input. :)

Earlybird: Thank you!! :)

8. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Well, I've been wanting to do this for a while, so last night, I finally got around to it.

Hey, it's ME!

[image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs43/i/2009/109/8/5/MOI_aussi_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Well, er, not really. All right, I confess. The drawing doesn't look a thing like me, but I decided to have some fun with "virtual me" if you will, and use my imagination. :D Hey, call it artistic license. A LOT of artistic license. :D

- Serena

9. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007
    LOL! That's too cute! :D

The color really makes it work and be a cute pic. Nice job!

10. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    Cute ^__^

I can see your new style has developed really quick ! I like it
    To describe it... it kind of has a loose, expressive feel. When I look at it, it doesn't look like a drawing being agonised over... maybe it did take a while, but it's a good thing it doesn't look it. I think comics should look like that ^__^

11. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    It's cute, I really like it! Your style is very distinct, this is immediately recognisable as one of yours. I like the plain background and the fact that there's so much space as well. I love the expression as well, kind of dreamy and "hey, look what I can do!" at the same time, very cool. =D=

My one nitpicky criticism is with the arms... it looks a bit like they kind of end at the elbows. I think in that pose, your shoulders and upper arms would be showing slightly, especially since we seem to be looking from slightly above "you". It's minor, though, just something I noticed.

I really do like it though, don't get me wrong here. You make comic-drawing look so simple. I can almost feel that you have fun when you're drawing, looking at these pieces.

12. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Jinngerbread: Thank you so much! :)

Kiyuuchan: Thank you! I'm still developing it, but I think it's coming along well so far. It actually didn't take that long, surprisingly for me.

Iverna: I appreciate your input, Iverna - I had trouble with the elbows. I didn't have a model at hand, so I kind of made it up out of my head and hoped for the best. You're absolutely right, and thank you. :)

OKAY! Here's a piece I'm still working on - I did it last night. Unfortunately, my scanner can't fit the whole thing on, so it cut off some of the top and bottom - GRRR! Which means I'll have to take a picture of it instead of scanning. But I'm too lazy to do that now, so I'll just do it later. [face_grin]

Here's my first Rex/Ahsoka piece! And YES, I KNOW she's much shorter than this, but for the purposes of this picture, she's older and taller. It could be a promo for my [b]Irony[/b] fic. That's actually what inspired this, anyway. [face_grin]

I'm planning to marker it, esp. with my new markers! YAY!

[image=http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee31/Serena_Kenobi/IMG_0002.jpg]

The couple has grown on me, I have to admit. All born out of a spur-of-the-moment addition to my story. Funny how things happen like that.

- Serena

13. KotORBF2Female_Revan

Feb 21, 2009
    ZOMGZOMG Rexoka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Goes insane*
    Ok,ok...

Awesome drawing, Serena. Can't wait to see it in color. :D

14. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Oh, I love the expression on Ahsoka's face! Great job.

15. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    [face_love][face_love][face_love] ahsoka in this! Great Job!

16. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thank you so much KotORBF2Female_Revan, TheMacUnleashed, and QueenMother_LK for your kind words!!

I'm going to have to dedicate this piece of art to KotORBF2Female_Revan, because she's the one who really got me to enjoy the Rex/Ahsoka pairing. :) Hope you enjoy!

[image=http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs44/i/2009/116/0/f/Captain_Rex_and_Ahsoka_Tano_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

I think it needs a background. When PS decides to start working on me again, I'll put one in. [face_frustrated]

- Serena

17. KotORBF2Female_Revan

Feb 21, 2009
    Ehmahgawsh! Thank you!

Anyway, I love the pic! It looked awesome as a WIP, and it was even better with color!

18. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Oh, good job! You really make them look like they belong together, and I loved, oddly enough, Rex's mask: It was just drawn so realistically; the coloring on it was very good, and I liked the way it covered his expression. Again, don't know why; I just...like it.

19. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    All are pretty awsome!:D=D= Specially Jelena & the Ashoka-Rex Portrait![face_love] =D=

[:D]

20. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love you Ahsoka and Rex,both the WIP and the coloured drawing. And waiting for a background. But the piece is already very nice

21. Kiyuuchan

Oct 12, 2008
    very nice ! I never thought about them as a couple but your pic convinces me it could be ^__^
    the coloring is gorgeous and so is your inking ^____^

22. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Perfect, perfect.

@};-

23. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I have to say, I hate the concept of Ahsoka/Rex. But I really, really love your drawing of an older-looking Ahsoka!! It's perfect! =D=

24. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I love Rex's colors, and Ahsoka look like so much fun :D

25. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thanks so much, guys! [:D] I'm glad you like it.

I'm working on a piece for the wonderful Jinngerbread , who's been waiting very patiently for me to finish her drawing. But I just got some new digital art software, so I'm going to try and color it. We'll see how that goes.

- Serena

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.