main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Serena's Art - Update 4/12 - How to Train Your Dragon digital arts and digital art Self-portrait

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Thanks, Black-Dog!! I took your advice and tried to make Sue look partially invisible... or just about to be partially invisible... here's my first attempt.

[image=http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs46/i/2009/219/0/1/Padme_and_Susan_Storm_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

2. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    Great work =D= I only start liking Spock after I've seen the film [face_love] you capture the moment very well.
    I like 'super Padme' too lol ^____^ really nice coloring.

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    That is freakin' awesome, Serena! :D I love the colouring! [face_love]

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
  5. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    kikichan: Thank you!! Yes, me too. Now I'm a huge Spock fan. :) He's so cute in the movie.

Idri: Thanks so much, Idri!! :)[:D]

AzureAngel2: Thank you!!

OK, here's an experimentation with actual digital painting. This is a portrait of one of my main characters from my novel. Yes, she's red. [face_happy] And blind in one eye, as you can see.

[image=http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs47/f/2009/231/6/9/Black__n__Red_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Wow, Serena! That's really stunning. I love the colours and the style is really unique. I've never seen anything like it before.

Excellent portrait! =D=

7. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    The eyes are chilling. There's fear in those eyes. Very nice. =D=

8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Spooky, yet beautiful. Loved it.

9. kikichan

May 31, 2009
    she looks very interesting character! there's fear and sadness in her eye, and the color you use makes me think of anger too. very cool :)

10. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Idri: Thank you so much, Idri!!! [:D]

LittleMissNightsaber: Thank you!! :)

AzureAngel2: Thank you! This character's supposed to be tough, wild. :)

kikichan: She is a very interesting character. She's definitely a wild child. I tend to write very strong heroines, and both heroines in mine are strong. She's actually mostly angry, but sad as well. Thank you!! [:D]

OK, here's another Painter experimentation. A quick sketch of Leia. [face_happy]

[image=http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2009/240/0/9/Princess_Leia_headshot_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Your digital work is coming along nicely! It's amazing how something done in the computer can come out looking just like pencil. That last image of Leia is really great! Nice line movement all around in that one. Any chance to see it in color?

12. kikichan

May 31, 2009
    I thought it could be pencil too. the sketchy look is nice ^____^

13. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Love the Leia, looking sweet, sexy and amused at the same time. Perhaps she imagines how to struggle Jabba allready.

:D

14. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I love it! Brilliant headshot -- all that Leia Attitude truly comes through. I love how much it looks like a pencil sketch. :D

15. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thank you guys so much!! I'm glad you think my digital art is improving. Yeah, I love the pencil tool on Painter. Works really well, and it's so easy to use! Probably one of my quickest sketches.

OK, here's a quick shot I did in mostly copic marker - geez, those things are expensive!! - of my novel's main character, Thallie. And she's supposed to be the same species as the red girl I did a short while ago on Painter. Younger, tho.

[image=http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs51/i/2009/259/4/9/Thallie_portrait_colored_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Thoughts? Comments?

- Serena

16. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    She looks so cute, Serena! :) I love her white hair and blue skin and markings. What's your novel about?

17. kikichan

May 31, 2009
    she does look younger, and kinder than the red girl ^^
    I like her markings, and the happiness on her face.
    re your pm, I can't see any reason why the cover shouldn't be done traditionally ^___^... the NJO covers are traditional done ^^
    Very nice work and I hope your novel is going well ^___^

18. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    LittleMissNightsaber: Thanks so much!! Can't tell you what my novel's about just yet. My hope (God willing) is that someday in the not too distant future you'll be able to read it. :)

kickchan: Yeah, she's definitely sweeter. And I was thinking about that - I'm not too bad with markers... but I don't know if I could pull the effect I want off without digital art. Really? I didn't know that. Do you know what medium they were done with? The novel's going great. Liking it a lot better than the previous one. :)

OK, here's the red girl, Marina, again, only this time in marker. Really liking the medium.

[image=http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs50/i/2009/260/9/b/Marina_portrait_colored_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Let me know what you think! :)

- Serena

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    You have done some really amazing work, and I really like your style. Although how anyone does marker without overlapping lines boggles my hands!

Which makes me glad that some people can do it, because images like the one above are really gorgeous. I especially like the unique way that not only are her iris' red but her entire eye balls are red as well.

20. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Mitth_Fisto: Thank you so much!! Actually, there ARE overlapping lines - I changed the lighting in iPhoto so it looks all smooth like that. I'm glad you like her eyes! I wasn't sure if I was going to do it like that, but I wanted her to really look different.

OK, here's a new digital art piece I did. It's of my character, Thallie, again. She doesn't have her tatoos on the side of her face because I didn't feel like putting them in. :p

[image=http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs51/f/2009/275/3/a/Blue_Girl_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Thoughts?

- Serena

21. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    beautiful colours and shading

22. kikichan

May 31, 2009
    beautiful picture ! I love the tones and how the shading is so soft [face_love]

23. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    I liked Marina the best. :D
    I really wonder though what Thallie would look like with tattoos? [face_thinking]
    Great as usual, Serena
    -Nightsaber [face_pumpkin]

24. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Earlybird: Thank you!!

kikichan: Thanks so much! :) I used PS instead of Painter - and I actually like it better in some ways - one of which is the soft effect.

Nightsaber: Lol, thank you!! :) I love Marina, too - she's a definite wild child, a character with a special place in my heart. The next drawing I do you'll get to see her tatoos - and you can see some of them in the marker drawing on this page. Thanks so much!! [:D]

OK, here's a piece I quickly drew up yesterday. Very proud of it - I'm really working on drawing without reference, and I'm slowly improving. :)

This is Sue Storm/Invisible Girl of the Fantastic Four. The title of this piece is "Boom Boom Pow" because I wanted to convey the fact that Sue's a tough cookie heroine who doesn't take junk from anyone.

[b]Boom Boom Pow[/b]
    [image=http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs51/i/2009/280/d/3/Boom_Boom_Pow_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

I'm planning to color it - but I'm debating whether or not to use marker or not... seeing as how my computer crashed, I don't have access to PS right now. Argh.

Later, luvs!

- Serena

25. kikichan

May 31, 2009
    great sketch ! i like the angle and yeah, she looks ready to kick butt !
    I'd say use whatever you want ^____^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.