main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Serenity

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Soler-Vector, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soler-Vector

Soler-Vector Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    this saterday im planing to go see serenity.not shur wher it will be playing at,but i thank it whode be cool to meet up and all go see it together mabe even go eat out ,reconect.what do yall think?

2. Soler-Vector

Soler-Vector Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2005
    il be going to the 7:00 featcher at the carmikes if eneybodey care to join me.

3. Mando_Ithorian

Mando_Ithorian Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    I've been waiting a while for this one! Unfortunately, I'm about to drive to Dallas to see it with some old(er) friends. But I plan on seeing it more than once, when I get back.

If anybody is even halfway curious about this movie after seeing the TV commercials, please allow me to give it a very high recommendation. The short-lived series was terrific, and the characters are vibrant and strong. It's a Western, but set in space, and yes, somehow that works. The dialogue was always very strong, and somehow it's just refreshing to see a spaceship that doesn't have any guns on it and a universe with no aliens.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :p

4. GH_Reaper

GH_Reaper Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    I must give this movie my recommendation. I knew nothing going in to it and enjoyed it through and through. My wife, who is a fan of the chick flick, was able to enjoy it as well.]-}

5. DarthGuido

DarthGuido Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2002
    If you guys enjoyed the movie, you should pick up the series on DVD. In case you didn't know, Serenity was based on a VERY short lived TV show called Firefly. Very good show, sucks that Fox cancelled it.

6. GH_Reaper

GH_Reaper Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    Yep, I was aware that it was a show before hand. I may have to check it out.

7. Spide143

Spide143 Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2005
    SciFi will often run marathons of Firefly and other show from 8-2 on weekdays. if you have dvr you can get the whole series fairly easy. Too bad we are all at work when they run this.

8. GH_Reaper

GH_Reaper Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    Yet another reason for me to invest in dvr goodness!

9. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    OMG!

I didn't think I'ld really like this movie, but Blockbuster had it on sale for $4.99. I think it R O C K S!

I immediatly found the series on Amazon.com for $ 24.95 and am enjoying it as well. In fact I am now a Browncoat and visit their boards.

I propose watchin' this as a group. Anyone interested? We can do the movie -or- pilot episode of the series. Either or is good with me. Something else I have yet to see is the new Battlestar Galactica. I started to watch it at Poseidon11s place for the Jedi Belt Workshop, and would like to include this in the DVD party. Perhaps we can do a double-feature like thing. Again, any takers?

10. Ubigod

Ubigod Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 16, 2003
    I am watch season 2 of Galactica right now. Added to the fact that I am at work while I am doing it.

ubi

11. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Cool on the Galactica Season 2, but I was refering to Firefly / Serenity. I have the entire Season of Firefly and the Serenity DVDs. You interested in a meeting involving the viewing of the pilot episode of Firefly or the movie Serenity?

12. GH_Reaper

GH_Reaper Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    I would like to watch the series because I own the movie.:-B

13. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    I watched the movie the other day. Pretty good, but it didn't wow me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.