main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Carb, IL Shoes That Fit

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by khristenkenobi, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. khristenkenobi

khristenkenobi Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2006
    Shoes That Fit is Novmeber 8th. We have alot going on this year. We've added the Apple City Conn.There will be vendors with cool stuff for sale. A mini's tournament, and much more. I need about 3 volunteers to take turns hanging out at our table. We will be doing the Jedi Training Academy. So I'll need someone to help yuri & trey with that. So even if you dont have a costume, please come and enjoy the fun. I'll have a list of things we need volunteers in a couple of days so you guys can sign up for different things.

2. khristenkenobi

Dec 30, 2006
    We will be having a meeting saturday october 18 around 5 or 6 for anyone that wants to help with shoes that fit. I figured that since we are going to be doing the event in herrin that day, it would be a good day to go ahead and get things finalized for shoes that fit also. I'll let everyone know where we are going to meet. We're just going to meet somewhere for dinner.

3. khristenkenobi

Dec 30, 2006
    For anyone that is interested, on friday October 31st @ 5pm we will be meeting at the mall in marion, in costume to pass out flyers for "Shoes That Fit" this always goes over really well. Our Commercial is running and getting alot of air time. Last year was great and I think this year is going to be even better. We've got several new costumes this year too.

4. Mavrik1989

Mavrik1989 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 11, 2007
    I'll be at the mall that night and I might even have my first Star Wars outfit based off of my character for the Star Wars RPG I play, I will be there with some of my friends so I will probably see you guys there and I will atleast stop and say hey!

5. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    AWESOME~!!!! We havn't seen you in forever!

6. JodoK

JodoK Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2008
    Random question of the day : Do you guys know about how many kids are at the mall each year for the Halloween event?

7. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, not an exact number. There's so many that you basically can't move. Kids and parents everywhere wanting pictures. It's a great time. The kids love it, and this time there will be the Joker and Batman. i can't wait!

8. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    Ok, like say, mabey above 100? I handed out these cards in Centralia is why I asked -

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Joker/10-23-08A.jpg]

I think I printed like 70 out, and gave away 60 or so, I think I only have 10 or so left. If theres a TON of kids there, I don't know if it'd be a safe thing to bring another 70 of them and get mugged by a mob of kids for them, LOL!

9. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    The Mall staff says that they have around 2500 to 5000 people there in the mall for Halloween. Are those Joker Cards? lol

10. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    Dang....I can't print that many card! [face_laugh] I didn't expect THAT many people to be there, wow. Thats gonna be crazy! [face_laugh]

EDIT - So what time is evryone going to get there, and where is evryone meeting at? Its at Illinois Centre Mall isn't it? [face_laugh]

11. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    We'll be there 5 or 5:30 ish. Some in Star Wars Costumes. I'll be Batman. Illinois Center Mall. I can't wait! It's gonna be so much fun!

12. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    I guess TF.N has been down.:_| I couldn't ever get it to come up anyway, LOL. Ok, I'll deffintly be there then! Is there a specific part of the mall you guys are going to meet at? All road lead to Rome though...(I guess, I've never double checked that.[face_laugh] )...But knowing my luck I'd never see you guys there. [face_laugh] :p

I can't wait, I'm getting excited too! I was hoping to be able to wear my new pants, but the dye didn't take to them! And then to boot, rust from the metal parts is evrywhere on the pant legs! :_|

13. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    We'll be at the center part of the mall. @4

14. JodoK

Aug 31, 2008
    I had a good time. =D= It was awsome meeting up with evryone again, you guys are awsome! [face_peace]

Here's some pics. from the Mall last night -

Me realy close to the camera :
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Joker/marion/10-31-08003A.jpg]
    Batman and Joker :
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Joker/marion/10-31-08008A.jpg]
    Looking in the Window :
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Joker/marion/10-31-08009A.jpg]
    Vader -
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Joker/marion/10-31-08007A.jpg]
    Yoda -
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/jodok/Joker/marion/10-31-08011A.jpg]

Sadly, our other few pics. didn't come very well. [face_worried]

15. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    Great pics! We've got a few on our camera too. We'll post them soon. That was alot of fun. And you got a few new toys, too.

16. khristenkenobi

Dec 30, 2006
    We will be meeting at the theater at 10am to start getting ready. The first meet & greet is at 11am. So if you have any questions just give us a call.

17. rodan70

Apr 1, 2002
    I just want to give a big thank you to everyone who came out for this event. All of the T shirts sold out before the last showing started and the Convention was a huge success. There was so many people in the Con area we couldn't move. Great times. Alot of money for a good Charity.

18. khristenkenobi

Dec 30, 2006
    We had a great time. The turn out was awesome, as usual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.