main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should spoiled people be allowed to post in "Non Spoilers" during the run up to EIII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Spaced, Jun 27, 2002.

?

Should spoiled people be allowed to post in "Non Spoilers" during the run up to EIII?

Poll closed Mar 23, 2012.
  1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

57.5%
  3. don't care either way

2.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "If a spoiled member starts to, uh, flaunt the fact that he is knows information that we don't know on a consistant basis, I will ask he or she to leave."

Unfortunately, that's usually the only reason they come in here. [face_plain]

2. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Now wait just a darn minute :p
    I was spoiled rotten for AotC, and I near-frequented this place.
    The spoiler forums turn into jungles and sometimes you just need a breather away from it all.
    I tried to be as helpful as I could in the old 'Beware of Spoilers thread' because I could read anything and not worry about it.
    Same with the soundtrack.
    They should have the same rights as everybody else. Likewise, they must ofllow the same rules as everybody else.
    I can understand you guys not wanting to be spoiled, but really, how would you stop them? If someone's Hellbent on ruining the movie for you they're going to find a way. They'll be banned yes, but like Sithman said, once you're spoiled, you're spoiled.
    How are you to know who's spoiled anyway?
    I can sympathize with your guys' plight, but treating everybody who knows something about the movie like a dangerous insect won't solve anything.
    So I voted yes.
    1. They have the same rights/rules
    2. If they want to spoil you, they will anyway
    3. How would you enforce it?

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    ^^^^ Sounds sensible, he can post here. ;)

4. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Don't worry Wascally, I actually did not know that you were a spoiled member when you posted here before AOTC. Perhaps you mentioned it once or twice, but I can't recall anything.

Really, that is the way that it should be. Spoiled members should be able to post on our forum "unnoticed" by the non-spoiled regulars. It is when members make posts such as "If you think that is cool, you are going to LOVE what George has in store for you!" or start threads called "Non-Spoiled members post speculation. I want to see how close you actually are."

Believe it or not, we actually had both of those happen last time around. [face_plain]

:cool: Mace Windy,
    gandolf the grey,, meet mace windy the purple!

5. IronParrot

IronParrot Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 2, 1999
    From a moderating perspective...

If the rules are followed, why make any distinction here? The rules are simple - No Spoilers in the Non-Spoilers forum. If the spoiled follow that, they're more than welcome here. If anything, they can help us keep this place spoiler-free.

6. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    A good idea- but harsh- for people who want to be totally spoiler free- is to stay away from Star Wars websites altogether coming up to Episode III's release. sounds harsh i know but even in non spoiler forums yer gonna get a**holes who want to spoil others pleasure or people who unknowingly let something spill. If i wanted to stay unspoiled thats what i would do. :)
    Yes- and i know yer all gonna reply about why should the person who wants to stay unspoiled stay away from the websites and feel left out- and i agree- but its just a suggestion. I guess it depends on how strongly ya feel about being spoiled- and if i felt strongly i would avoid the sites. Anyway, I LOVE knowing all the juicy bits! :D

7. Spaced

Spaced Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2002
    I'll go along with that Iron Parrot-I hadnt thought of the spoiled guys helping to keep it spoiler free, but yeah I remember pm-ing a mod to get him to delete a post that refeerred to Jango's decapitation, which unspoiled people wouldnt have been able to do
    so I've changed my opinion :)

8. Jobo

Jobo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2000
    I can't believe some of the stuff in here. What's the big deal with spoiled posting in here? As long as they follow the rules, they shouldn't be kept out. There's just as much chance of spoilers being let out in any other forum. Should we ban all spoiled people from every forum except for Episode III? I agree with IronParrot, follow the rules and they get to stay. It's terrible to shun them because of a decision. So, IP and Windface, yeah, correct.
    _jOBO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.