main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Sign-up for Idiots Array's Camping/Paintball Trip

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Idiots Array, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    hey, great minds think alike :p

mobius knows where it is, we've met for car shows there before...

its on the south side of the road, west of the freeway...

2. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Want grid coordinates ?

What time are we meeting there ?

3. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Void, Bell and I-17, west of the freeway and on the south side of the street aren't specific enough for you. LOOK FOR THE BIG DENNY'S SIGN!! ;)

4. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I'll take a Moons over My Hammy!

5. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    :p

What time are we meeting ?

6. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    choadsgirl and I are planning on coming...

for sharing we have a cupla lanterns, and a cupla 6 gallon water jugs... the quick kitchen, 2 stoves, rope, hanging hooks for the lanterns, cooking gear, and if need be, I can probably bring the gas grill too... Just let me know...

We have our own tent/pads/bags/blankets/cold weather gear... so no worries there...

I heard from Obey Wann, he has family coming into town that weekend, and will thusly be tied up. However, before you all start clamoring to borrow his marker, I already have dibs on it. Or something.

Anything else that you all think we should bring? let us know.

That is all,

CC

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Well, everyone, as me being a former Boy Scout, I have loads of camping gear that you can borrow. My family has an extensive collection of sleeping bags, two 3 person dome tents, and a 5 person dome tent, along with 2 gas lanterns, an electric one, and 1 or 2 Campstoves, with plenty of propane tanks to spare. So, no need to worry, even if I can't come, I can still lend you the stuff.

8. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    are we going to meet at dennys friday night or saturday morning, or both?

9. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    Where specifically are we going? My understanding is it is some place without water or other facilities? Just a suggestion but the Stoneman lake area, just south of Flagstaff would have facilities like running water and bathrooms and we'd have some really good areas that Choads Girl knows for paintballing and shooting and such, It's her favorite place to elk hunt so she knows it well.

EDIT: All of the above is true - however - the post was made by Dobby the house elf - because I don't recall making this post at anytime...

10. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    REVISED RUNNING HEAD COUNT & SIGN UP

IA & MJEH: one large ice chest & big cans of beef stew for dinner on Saturday and S'mores supplies. Will loan extra tent to QUEENIE.

Wench, Mr. Wench & Ewok: Sub sandwiches for lunch on Saturday.

Mick & VoidDancer: Mick will bring food. Void has at least 1 (I think 2) additional goose down sleeping bags that are availible, and he will bring chips for Saturday lunch. Will give sideshow212 a ride on Sunday.

sideshow212 & Jenn: RIDE FOR SUNDAY: Void. sideshow will pitch in for the food.

Mobius & Sistine

blackfeather and possibly girlfriend

Lady Jedi Carenix

kreleia, Darth Husband and The Prince: Will bring food.

chickey

Choad & ChoadsGirl: Lotsa campin' stuff.

Kev-Mas (?) Will bring Dews, Green and...RED if he can come.

Total: 19 for sure, possibly 20.

If you know of anyone else who's said they will be coming but hasn't posted, let us know.

11. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    chickey: I can give you directions if you still need them. But until we come up with a rendevouz point for Saturday morning, they're pretty generic.

Sistine: No need to send $ in advance. Just bring some cash and reimburse me for bacon for Sunday's breakfast: okey doke?

Commander Choad: The plan right now is to camp near A-1 mountain. There are no facilities there. The reason for this is becuase we may be target shooting as well as playing paintball and as such, need to be near a shooting range. I'll put up a poll and see where people would rather go. Let the people decide.

TO ALL PARTY-GOERS:

We need to pick a rendevouz time and place for all of us to meet Saturday morning in Flagstaff. I'm thinking the Target parking lot near the big red Target sign. It's one of the first things you come to when you hit town and if we all park by the big red target, we'll be easy to spot. The time is up to you. I was hoping to get everyone out to the campsite by 10 am so that we could set up camp in daylight, eat lunch and then start paintball by noon. This would mean leaving Phoenix by 0630 - 0700 to get here by then.

What do you think?

12. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    ok. so meet at dennys saturday at 6:00am (sooner if you want to grab a bite) and leave there en masse around 6:30 or 7:00. meet at target in flag. (wench, could you be a little more specific with the directions to target in flag?)

sound about right?

13. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    i will meet at Denny's saturday morning. Does anyone have room for a 6'3" person in a tent? I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and can carry 3 others besides myself.

All i ask is a few bucks for gas. What still needs to be brought? I can pick up some drinks, chips, buns whatever... just let me know. I will also bring what alcohol I have left (some peach shnapps, kahlua, a small ammount of malibu rum)

Don't forget everyone to bring some playing cards and change fro poker! what'dya think, quarter ante, with 50 cent raises ;-)

i don't have any camping gear anymore, it all got sold when I came back from seattle... no room.

I have carried on enough, hasta

14. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I'll bring potato salad for lunch. I will also bring both my FRS radios. Everyone who has any please also bring them. We'll meet at the Denny's Saturday morning then, with plans to leave there by 7:30? I think leaving by 7:00 is a bit early, as it's only 2 1/2 hours to Flag. 7:30 will put us in at about 10:00. I'll prolly have my dad's Montero SUV, as well. I've been to A-1 mountain, and I know my Darkside ride won't make it up there.

15. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    Void and I were talking leaving friday night. But I'll leave it up to him if we change plans
    Also, I can hit Cosco for deli meats and cheeses

16. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    I could have sworn we were heading up as a group friday night....

17. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Most are. Brandy and I are planning to go Saturday morning, and so is Sideshow, apparently.

18. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I might be going, but only if my Dad gets freed up from his sound booth job at church that sunday. So, if I come, my Dad is coming. Maybe my mom tho.

19. chickey

chickey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2002
    Void, I have to work will 2 AM saturday morning, so I cannot make it up friday night. So I have to take off saturday, and since I live up near the denny's by the 17 and bell, i figured I would whoever is going up saturday there.

Edit- my 50th post! woohoo

20. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Ok, just making sure that everyone knows this is Friday the 25th through Sunday the 26th we're talking about.

For those coming up Friday night, directions can be had from IA.

The rendevous point on Saturday morning will be 10 am (or as soon as you get here ;)) in the Target parking lot, south-west corner by the big red target.

Directions to Target:

I-17 N to Flagstaff, following it straight into Flagstaff where it becomes Milton Rd. Target is on the Right-hand side at the second light. (There is a DMV across the street to the west, a KFC to the south, and Hastings to the north of Target.)

I'll be the crazy red-head waving down your cars.

21. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    REVISED RUNNING HEAD COUNT & SIGN UP

IA & MJEH: one large ice chest & big cans of beef stew for dinner on Saturday and S'mores supplies. Will loan extra tent to QUEENIE.

Wench, Mr. Wench & Ewok: Sub sandwiches for lunch on Saturday.

Mick & VoidDancer: Mick will bring food. Void has at least 1 (I think 2) additional goose down sleeping bags that are availible, and he will bring chips for Saturday lunch. Will give sideshow212 a ride on Sunday.

sideshow212 & Jenn: RIDE FOR SUNDAY: Void. sideshow will pitch in for the food.

Mobius & Sistine: Moe will bring Potato Salad for Saturday Lunch.

blackfeather and possibly girlfriend

Lady Jedi Carenix

kreleia, Darth Husband and The Prince: Will bring food.

chickey

Choad & ChoadsGirl: Lotsa campin' stuff.

Kev-Mas (?) Will bring Dews, Green and...RED if he can come.

Total: 19 for sure, possibly 20.

If you know of anyone else who's said they will be coming but hasn't posted, let us know.

FOR THOSE OVER 21, THIS WILL BE BRING YOUR OWN LIQUID ENTERTAINMENT AND SOME TO SHARE.

I must gracefully bow out of imbibing this time round as I have to be interviewed by nursing professors the following Tuesday and wish to be at my best. :_| Not to mention I feel somewhat responsible for the lot of you and feel the need to be sober to keep you all from burning down the forest, tying up random innocents and creating mass anarchy. ;) Ok fine, you can do all that as long as no one gets dead or maimed.

22. EmprsHandMick

Dec 7, 2001
    Lent will be over by then! I'll add beer to my list of things to pick up... :)

23. sideshow212

Feb 3, 2002
    oh yea! i'll tilt one back with ya mick! :p

24. Commander_Choad

Sep 11, 2002
    Heya Moe - I'm sure that you could take the darkside up the mountain - all you need is a little lift kit, and some BIG HONKIN TIRES...

That should do nicely -

Now for those of you who are zipperheads, I can hear the squeals of pain at the mental image of what I proposed...

Any takers at melding a cupla pics together to make the new moe-mobile?? (bunny??)

25. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    MJEH and I are heading up to Flag on Friday afternoon/evening. What time does everyone want to meet up on Friday?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.