main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Sign-up for Idiots Array's Camping/Paintball Trip

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Idiots Array, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Better highs, now we just need to work on the lows. Otherwise Mick will have work to keep me warm.

2. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    What Weather.com is saying today...

Fri
    Apr 25:
    Mostly Sunny
    62°/33°

Sat
    Apr 26:
    Mostly Sunny
    61°/27°

Sun
    Apr 27:
    Sunny
    62°/29°

Must find Ski Cap to keep head warm....

3. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Bring Ezzy, have him snuggle up to your head :)

I'm a little tempted to see if I can get Sable to wear a coller and leash, and bring him.

4. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    ok, what's the game plan for getting to flag friday? are we all meeting at void's to leave together, or do we just kinda show at wenchy's when we show?

5. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    I'm still waiting to hear from sideshow. After he gets off work, he'll either come to my place or I'll go to his. We load his gear up then go and grab Mick. Have Dinner and we're off. Are you following me ? What time do you get off work ?

6. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Kat gave me a couple of these 'break and shake' heat packs for your socks.... (insert Stitch purring sound here) that covers the feet!...however I cannot find my long-john bottoms... hhhmmmmm

7. ChoadsGirl

ChoadsGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    Marshall Lake is a wild life reffuge, at least the west side of the lake used to be... It sets at the enterance to Walnut Canyon about 12 miles southeast of Flagstaff, Elevation is about 7,000 feet

Have anyone checked with the ranger station? It's bald eagle nesting/baby season if I recall correctly and that's one of the spots they close down from time or used to this time of year.

HOW TO GET THERE!
    You take Forest highway 3. to Forest Road 128 (make a left) go about 3 miles and you've ran into the lake, or where it used to be. The last mile used to not be paved, I don't know how it is recently.

ok... I have a map of the area, how do I post it on here?

8. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    mmmmmmm, wild life. If done right we can eat well saturday night :D

9. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    Void, I'm taking all of Friday off so whenever & whereever is fine by me. All I need to do aside from that is pick up my g-f from the airport and load up.

10. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    I think I have your cell, I'll call you when I get home friday then

11. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    I'm a little tempted to see if I can get Sable to wear a coller and leash, and bring him.

curse you void, now i keep thinking of what my cat would do on a leash in the woods.

::cat stares up a lot::
    ::cat sniffs prey but struggles on leash::
    ::cat scratchs tree::
    ::cat craps next to tree::
    ::cat glares at me::
    ::cat slits my throat in my sleep::

12. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Marshall Lake is a wildlife refuge, but the lake is in pretty damned poor shape.

With out the lake we will see few if any eagles or waterfowl. Lake Mary is nearly dried up too. Don't expect to see much in that respect or to get any fishing done.

Last I checked there are no fire restrictions or closures so we should be fine at Marshall Lake. It was pretty darned deserted when we went up there yesterday which is of course, perfect.

The directions I posted to Marshall Lake are correct. Once you get on Lake Mary Road it's pretty tough to miss.

ChoadsGirl: Are you and hubby still planning on camping Friday night? If so, I would suggest camping with my hubby and his pal up at Marshall.

blackfeather: Go ahead and plan on staying at my place Friday night, we'll make room somehow.

FOR THOSE OF YOU STAYING AT MY PLACE FRIDAY NIGHT:

We have to get up bright and early on Saturday to take you all out to the campsite and get you set up, go pick up the sub sandwich, and then I (at least) need to be at Target by 10 am.

That way you'll be all set up by the time I get everyone else up there.

SOUND GOOD? So I was thinking of leaving the house about 7 am to get breakfast at McDonalds unless you all just want cereal at my place, take you up to the site, go get the sandwich and then meet everyone at Target.

13. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
  14. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Oh, and if for some freak reason they do close Marshall by Saturday, we do have two alternate campsites picked out at A-1, we'll just have to be carefull not to hurt any lumberjacks who may be lost.

15. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Question: Are we shooting??

The only person who has said yes is Void, and at that point the plan was still to camp at A-1.

What's the plan for Marshall? Since it's a refuge, are we even going to be able to shoot??

Also, WHEN are we shooting? Will we be able to the entire time, or are we picking a specific day??

PLEASE ANSWER!!! :D

Thanks.

16. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Last I checked, we're still shooting.

17. blackfeather

Oct 6, 2002
    another reason i shouldn't bring my cat, even on a leash. if he gets a hold of firearms, there won't be any witnesses. just like in idaho... [face_shocked]

;)

18. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    whoa...

ok, void: i get off work around 4 or 5, and my sister is taking my car for the weekend, so if you could just swing by my place on the way to get mick it will work out great.

and yea, i'm shooting. i think like 4 or 5 of us were...

19. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    kreleia: Yes, we're still shooting. There will be shooting both Saturday and Sunday. At the camp we found, we'll be able to run both at the same time.

People that I know are going to be shooting:

Me, hubby, Void, Moe, sideshow, IA, Jeff and Julie, arizonasithlord and company.

There will lots of company for both paintball and target shooting.

OH WHICH REMINDS ME: BRING YOUR OWN TARGETS, BUT WE'RE GONNA HAVE TO BE ABLE TO PACK THEM BACK OUT, SO NOTHING YOU CAN'T HAUL BACK OUT WITH YOU.

I have finished calling everyone I had phone numbers for. If you have further questions you can PM me or I'll be checking this thread on and off tonight and tomorrow.

20. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Final equipment check for me, hope this helps with yours...

tent
    tarp
    2 chairs
    2 sleeping bags
    electric lantern
    2 radios
    air mattress and pump (by Wenchy request for friday night)

camp gearbag
    e-tool (combo shovel/hatchet)
    2 mess kits (with 2 sets utinsels, 2 sets waterproof matches)
    tent mallet
    medkit
    duct tape
    foil
    TP

jumpbag
    bdus
    boonie hat
    boots
    webgear - .45 holster, cargo pack (gloves, binocs, blue flame lighter, matches, ammo, stripper charger, camo compact, can/bottle opener), 1 quart canteen, 2 quart canteen, AR-15 mag pack, .45 mag pack, flashlight, field compass, earplugs, field whistle
    webgear for Mick - large cargo (gloves, rope, facenet), 1 quart canteen, 2 quart canteen, medkit, small cargo (matches, ammo, stripper charger, can/bottle opener), flashlight, earplugs, field whistle
    2 t-shirts
    1 pants
    2 underwear
    2 regular socks
    1 boot socks
    sweatshirt
    sweatpants
    utility knife
    pocket knives

2 gallons water
    chips
    trail crunch
    saturday night dinner

1911 A1
    AR-15
    Frontier .22
    Ammo
    paper targets

21. DEICIDE

DEICIDE Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    wow i say thats everything. i was planning on turning my truckbed into a nice place to crash with a pillow or 2, blankets, sleaping bag, my army cot/shooting pad, some food/water, and my Savage Tactical aka..."The Hand Of God" and my new Springfield XD. and plenty of Deathmetal.

22. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    DEICIDE: [face_devil] Very cool.

Good list there Biskey, you'll be well prepared. :D

23. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    REVISED RUNNING HEAD COUNT & SIGN UP

IA & MJEH: one large ice chest & big cans of beef stew for dinner on Saturday and S'mores supplies. Will loan extra tent to QUEENIE.

Wench, Mr. Wench & Ewok: Sub sandwiches for lunch on Saturday. As much camping gear as we own. Wood, BIRTHDAY CAKE.

Mick & VoidDancer: Mick will bring milk and sausage. Void has at least 1 (I think 2) additional goose down sleeping bags that are availible, and he will bring chips for Saturday lunch. Will give sideshow212 a ride on Sunday.

sideshow212: sideshow will pitch in some ammo.

Mobius & Sistine: Moe will bring Potato Salad for Saturday Lunch. Sistine: bacon for Sunday breakfast. (?)

blackfeather and girlfriend: potatoes and OJ

Lady Jedi Carenix: Pancake mix, ride from chickey

kreleia, Darth Husband and The Prince: Will bring food.

chickey: Eggs for Sunday breakfast.

Choad & ChoadsGirl: Lotsa campin' stuff.

Kev-Mas & Dad Will bring Dews, Green and...RED if he can come.

arizonasithlord, girlfriend, L337 Haxor, & Rancor bait: camping gear

Casey, my hubby's friend

mrbunny666

DEICIDE: for the day (?)

Justin's friend Jason on Saturday (?)

Total: 27 for sure, possibly 29. What ever you bring to contribute to Saturday lunch and Sunday breakfast, make sure it's enough for this many people!

FOR SATURDAY LUNCH WE HAVE:
    I'm bringing subs, Void is bringing chips, Kev is bringing Dews, Mobius is brining potato salad.

FOR SUNDAY BREAKFAST WE HAVE:
    Bacon from Sistine, Pancake mix from Carenix, eggs from chickey, OJ and potatoes from blackfeather, and milk and sausage from Mick.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVEN'T PITCHED IN FOR FOOD, IF YOU CAN BRING SOME SNACKS TO SHARE. OR YOU CAN BRING PLASTIC WARE, PAPER PLATES, NAPKINS, AND CUPS.

24. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Weather Report from The Weather Channel

Friday: Plenty of sunshine. High 62F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph.

Friday night: Partly cloudy. Low 33F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.

Saturday: A few clouds early, otherwise mostly sunny. High 61F. Winds SW at 15 to 25 mph.

Saturday night: Clear skies. Low 31F. Winds WSW at 10 to 15 mph.

Sunday (24 hours): Partial sunshine. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the low 30s.

25. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Damn this is a b1g turnout.....

The pack of mix I got says it makes 264 4" pancakes :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.