main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RPR Archive [Sign-Ups] RPF vs. EUC Lightsaber Tournament - Contestants Announced!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource Archive' started by Imperial_Hammer , Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    'grats sithy.

was an interesting read all around.

:snoopy

2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Congratulations on your triumphant advancement.

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Congrats I-5!!
    :D

4. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Woo I-5!! Way to go! :D =D=

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    [face_blush]

Thank you. I will have to see if Moe becomes an npc in Galaxy at War now, who knows my Inquisitor; after all, the man...clone...whatever, has no mates.

So when does the next duel take place?

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It's up. Kahn_Iceay and Ktala, begin! :D

7. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Aaaah, a classical battle ground. I loved Hoth, though. Good choice. Geonosis will be fine, too. I am sure. Can´t wait to see where I will duel.

8. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I fought in the arena during the Knights tournament, it was fun but I am hoping for something more exotic this time around.

By the way, is it odd that even though I am fighting for the EUC I find myself rooting for the RPF a lot? :p

9. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    traitor

10. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Because we're that awesome. :D

11. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Go! Ktala Go! [face_flag][face_skull]

12. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    ~trembles with anticipation~

I love reading Ktala's posts, like a good book they make me forget my surroundings and pull me into the world she is describing.

~sits back and eagerly awaits more~

13. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    You're not the only one.:p

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Some good descriptions and usage of environment going on, and you two seem to be managing quicker frequency of posting than Kev' and myself in the first round.

Formidable fighters, you guys!

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea... the writing's good but... *winces*

*decides to say nothing else*

16. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
  17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    we ARE reading the same thing, aren't we?o_O

18. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I think so. [face_thinking]

19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i suppose the odds of it being different are pretty slim...

20. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    ?So Ms. Pathetic. Why don't you run along? You're out classed here, you can't even win over yourself how can you dare dream to attain victory over me hmm? Run along, wallow in the sad existence that you have. Realize what you are, and hell, maybe one day, You'll be a worthy opponent for me. But as it is, you're like a lame dog, best left to wither and die. But remember, Pathetic. Even a lame dog can snap at its master, and when it does. They get put down.?

Now THAT is Dun Möch!

21. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I don´t know. [face_thinking]

22. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I've seen better. [face_mischief]

IMO good verbal Dun Moch is more subtle, and is delivered constantly over the course of a fight. I have seen books (don't recall which, maybe the Bane ones) describe Dun Moch as a tricky thing to master, and if not used well just serves to anger an opponent and fuel their rage.

Kind of like Vader vs Luke in RotJ, Vader used Dun Moch but it didn't work to his advantage. Luke was not demoralized by it, but enraged. And look what happened to Vader.

The words used by Kahn wouldn't demoralize, nor necessarily even anger an opponent. There is nothing personal in them that would hit home and strike to his opponents heart and leave a lasting impact in her preformance.

To me they are just ranting insults from one fighter to the other (an unecessarily long winded rant at that), and though they may have the intention of demoralizing the opponent there is nothing to suggest that IC that would be the reaction of Ktala's character. Based on how her character seems to have been played so far, my initial thought was that the character would brush it off as nothing more than a tantrum by a frustrated opponent.

23. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Well D1 the fact that her simply being called Lady Sith earlier had the reaction of: ""SITH!!" She spat out, using the foul word as if it were a curse being uttered." That's a clear in character marker that being called that is something that effects her character. And while any normal person might not noticed that a person trained to noticed reactions to words, and actions would.

And in reality its less Dun Möch and more general psychological warfare, Dun Möch isn't a course at the Academy, but psychological warfare is. And to the point of the boomerang effect, He's hoping to demoralize her, as killing her isn't necessary to complete the IC mission he's on, but he's not an idiot, and does understand it may just make her angry and attack him.

And Sith-I-5, thanks for the complement. :)

24. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    I don´t think that it is psychological warfare, in any way. The words actually show a lot of weakness. Which is why I don´t consider it Dun Monch, either. It can make some good opportunity for roleplaying, though. Actually a Sith would be perfect for such a situation, now.

I must say I had expected this tournament to be different. Not better or worse, just different.

Then my fav-fights are still to come.

25. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Now I'm saying you're wrong LordT, or that having your own opinion is wrong, but I have to disagree. Psychological Warfare is defined as "The planned use of propaganda and other psychological actions having the primary purpose of influencing the opinions, emotions, attitudes, and behavior of hostile foreign groups in such a way as to support the achievement of national objectives." at least by the U.S. Department of Defense. To me thats pretty similar to what I did, I used something, words, aimed to have a psychological effect. so to me its Psychological Warfare, in my opinion at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.