main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR Single player option?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Minez01, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Minez01

Minez01 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 12, 2005
    So, I subbed to TOR upon release and enjoyed it for a while, and have been on/off ever since.

One thing that's always bothered me is waiting for groups to do FP's and Heroics, especially if you don't have hours on end to play the game and wait for people to appear. Lower server populations made it especially difficult.

I was thinking, a few people seem to do a lot of the single player items and skip the group part just for the storyline...would it actually be possible to enhance the single player gameplay to allow for people wanting to play through to do more quests? For example, something like allowing multiple companions through heroics or having AI controlled groups through Flashpoints or something along those lines.

I really would like to go back through and play a Jedi to 50 however I'm slightly turned off by the effort it would take to do it by myself and skipping quests etc. Or, if there is anything like this in game already, let me know - I haven't played for a couple of months now.

2. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    That would demean the whole point of an MMO.

3. Minez01

Nov 12, 2005
    That's true, but the reason I say this is that, especially on Oceanic servers, it's not like populations are booming. MMO is a good term when there are actually other players in the world, but when you have to wait an hour to find a group, I think it might be worth exploring some other solutions (especially after having gotten halfway through a storyline or something).

4. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Could consider rerolling on more populated US or EU servers

5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I thought I heard something another server consolidation in the works.

6. Minez01

Nov 12, 2005
    Yeah I'm considering that now. Might give it a shot soon, but will keep a close eye over things.

7. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Also, if you haven't played in months, you might be surprised by the rate of grouping at this point. Both various inducements (daily BH comms mostly) and the influx of free-to-play players have dramatically reduced the amount of time it takes to find a group.

As for single player, so long as you are a subscriber it is entirely possible to reach level 50 without doing any group content whatsoever (free-to-play, having been hit wih xp limitations is rather a bit more limited). There's more than enough quests available. If you really want to try an experience some of the group content withut help you can always go back through low-level heroics and some of the flashpoints (probably everything through Colicoid) as a 50.

8. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I hate Colicoid. That is all.

Jedi_Matt likes this.
  9. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    Lol earlier this week I had colicoid with a group who had never done it before.

Once they got used to the turrets we were fine.

...Until the 'puzzle' bit with the consoles and force fields.!!!!

I was then ready to jump off the edge of the platform...

I haven't done colicoid myself that much, so it was a bit like the blind leading the blind hehe.

10. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Once is enough. I don't know if I can force myself to do that flashpoint with my other alts. :p

11. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    It is a part of the flashpoint daily for me at my current level, so if i want to earn the commendations for the best gear at my current level i dont have much choice :p

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

12. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    During my most recent leveling bout I made a personal determination to skip Colicoid, focused on leveling without it and just doing Red Reaper instead. Actually, because FP gear caps out at (46) rated mods and Voss comms reward up to (48) just doing quests on Voss is a functional trade-off.