main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sith Contacts

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by DX6channel, Oct 19, 2012.

1. DX6channel

DX6channel Jedi Master star 1

May 23, 2010
    Hi,
    I'm finishing up my Sith costume for Halloween and I need some contacts. I have never worn any before and want to know the best places to get some. I've looked at exoticlenses.com and lens.com and found some I like, has anyone heard of these places?

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    The first thing I will always recommend is to go to an optometrist. First off, you'll need a prescription for contacts (even if you have 20/20 vision, you need to know your eye dimensions), and they can recommend places for you. Cheap contacts should be avoided; eyes are incredibly sensitive and can be damaged by wearing improper contacts.

Second, and I hate to say it, is that contacts are not comfortable to wear at first, and it actually takes a LOT of practice to be able to put them in and take them out at first. I usually suggest that people who need contacts for a costume get them a full month ahead of time to practice and let their eyes get used to them.

3. DX6channel

DX6channel Jedi Master star 1

May 23, 2010
    Ok, thanks. I decided to not do them for this Halloween.
    Max

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I definitely don't want to discourage you from future use! I just have worn contacts for 13 years and have seen what can happen with bad contacts. :)