main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK So, What did you think Oklahoma?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by darthtenbiscuits, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    As of me posting this, Those of you who went to a midnight showing should just be walking out of the theater. I, on the other hand, have to wait until the early-bird showing in the morning.

How was the movie folks?

2. xwing25

xwing25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 1999
    one word says it all OUTSTANDING :) :)

3. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    AMAZING is a good word for it too.
    I loved it to pieces. It was everything that I had hoped for and much, much more. :)

4. darthtenbiscuits

Sep 7, 2001
    I'm glad too hear so many great reactions to Episode 2 seeing as how there was so much negativity floating around after The Phantom Menace. (Which I'm watching right now to pass the time)

Only four more hours to go for me!!!!

5. ForceDemon

ForceDemon Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    I really liked it. I wasn't big on the CG Yoda, but everything else was pretty darn cool...

6. darthtenbiscuits

Sep 7, 2001
    I just got back from seeing it at Quail Springs.

wow.

7. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Another good word: WIZARD! :D

And Yoda...I never knew he had it in him! That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen. And speaking of Yoda, I was totally pleased with his being CGI. He was able to convey so much more emotion than a puppet (and then there's that fighting thing, too :p).

I'm also glad to hear that some of my early assumptions based on some rumors turned out not to be true (such as certain character deaths).

That was one dang good movie! :cool:

8. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    I was awed. At some parts of the movie my mouth was literally hanging open. :D I loved Yoda. I thought I wouldn't. He conveyed so much more emotion through the eyes.

I love the Obi-Wan/Anakin interaction and the whole chase scene through Coruscant. Just wonderful. Best star wars film yet!

I'll have to go see it again and again!

9. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    I absolutely loved it!!!!!!!!! It was so cool!!! Everything was done so well. All the actors, especially Hayden Christensen, did a fantastic job. And YODA ROCKS!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it again.

10. darthshod

darthshod Jedi Youngling

Oct 30, 1999
    I just got back from seeing it a second time. It was better.

11. darthtenbiscuits

Sep 7, 2001
    I just got back from my second viewing also. I think Hayden Christianson really rocks as Anakin. He is the best thing to happen to Star Wars since Harrison Ford.

The coolest thing I cought in the second viewing was Yoda's facial expression right after Obi-wan shouts at Anakin for wanting to turn the gunship around for Padme. He was more expressive than the puppet version. You could tell Yoda is very concerned for Anakin's state of mind.

sorry about the run-on, disjointed sentances but I am retarded.

12. ForceDemon

ForceDemon Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2002
    I'm on my way to my 3rd screening...

CGI Yoda is growing on me, as is the antics of R2 and 3PO.

We'll see how #3 goes :)

13. JakeSpencer

JakeSpencer Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2002
    The movie was UNBELIEVEABLE. However, I was sitting on the third row of theatre 12 at Quail Springs at 12:01 Thursday with my neck at about a 90 degree angle to see the movie. That would not have been so bad, but the right half of the screen was OUT OF FOCUS fot the entirety of the movie!

It was an incredible film and I'll be going back to theatres to see it several times, but I was very disappointed with Quail Springs because there were a lot of scenes that really suffered (especially darker ones) because of the lack of focus.

But, really, I've been giddy thinking about the movie these last couple of days. It's very, very good.

14. XR73627794

Jan 12, 2002
    Sorry to hear about the bad experience Jake.
    When I saw it at midnight at Tinseltown, I thought the sound could have been a little better, but then again I don't have the best hearing in the world, and hey, it was Star Wars, so I enjoyed myself none the less.

I looked at your pictures, and it looks like you live in the dorms. I'm sorry. :p

15. darthtenbiscuits

Sep 7, 2001
    I saw the movie at Quail Springs on Thursday afternoon and it WAS very fuzzy at times. At first I thought it was because of the transfer to film from digital, but it looked much better at Tinsletown the next night.

16. amidalasmomma

amidalasmomma Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    Loved it! Saw it for the second time yesterday! :D

17. XR73627794

Jan 12, 2002
    I hope to see it again this weekend sometime with a few friends.
    I have the whole weekend off, and I get to house sit for my girlfriend's sister and her husband. They have a nice nice house, and my girl friend's brother in law has a very nice SW collection too. :p
    So XR73627794 is finally seeing it again! Over a week after I saw it for the first time though, but at least I get to see it again, and hopefully many, many times after that. I love this movie. :)

18. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Here's another fan checking in to say how GREAT AOTC is! I'm placing it as #2 (right after Empire) in my all time favorites list. I loved C3PO/R2 going back to their traditional Laurel & Hardy comedy relief. As much as I like Padme and Anakin, my hero for the movie was definitely Obi-Wan. Ewan MacGregor does an Outstanding job with that character. My only regret is that I don't have as much time to see it (again) as I did when the first trilogy came out. It sucks being an adult this time around - no sitting in the theatre on Saturday through 4 consecutive showings. Yeah, I was pretty obsessed (not much has changed). I'll be seeing it for the third time Friday afternoon!

19. Nightsun

Nightsun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2001
    Welcome Reihla, It's good to see a new OK member.

Well I have seen the film 4 times now and must say, I am still picking up on new things.

I found the movie to be a sensory overload the first couple of times I saw it, but now everything is working out alright.

The only complaint I have is that; if you don't know the basics or the previous storyline, it is next to impossible to understand what is going on for most of the movie. I did not have this problem but when I went with a few friends I was bombarded with questions afterward. (at least they took interest).

Overall, I rank the film like this.
    1) ESB for overall storyline and lots of VAder
    1.5) AotC the awesome graphics and unbelievable fight scenes make this movie my second favorite so far, the awesome worlds in this movie were enough for me to rank it right up there with ESB even t5hough the dialog was a little drier.
    2) RotJ
    3) ANH

Nightsun

20. JakeSpencer

JakeSpencer Jedi Youngling

Apr 9, 2002
    I still can't quit thinking about the movie, it really was amazing! I'm dying to see it again, but here in Elk City (where I hang my hat in the summer) the movie theatre doesn't even have it yet! They were advertising a midnight showing, then on Wednesday they had to cancel it. I don't know what the hold up is. I want to see this movie again! I don't want to have to drive back to the city!!

Oh, well. I'll live. :)

My so-far personal favorite thing from the movie: Yoda's saber-drawing technique.

21. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    i can't wait to see again but i have been sick for the last few days so that has been out of the ? but i'm getting beter so soon very soon

22. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    NS, most would naively point out that you forgot TPM, but I'm assuming you have your "reasons" for leaving off this fine film?

23. Nightsun

Nightsun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2001
    my bad Pez, it didn't even cross my mind earlier that I hadn't listed TPM, it ranks up thyere with return of the jedi for graphic reasons and the intoduction of new jedi

Nightsun

24. darthtenbiscuits

Sep 7, 2001
    Just seen it for the 3rd time now. The only other movie I saw this many times in the theater was Lord Of The Rings.

Because everyone else seems to be doing it, my ranking:

1. Attack Of The Clones
    2. The Empire Strikes Back
    3. A New Hope
    4. The Return Of The Jedi
    5. Episode III (there's no way George Lucas could make this worse than Ep I)
    6. The Phantom Menace

25. xwing25

Aug 7, 1999
    ok here's my list
    tied for first right now is
    1.the empire strikes back and Attack Of The Clones
    2.a new hope
    3.The Return Of The Jedi
    4.The Phantom Menace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.