main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Something certain, Something uncertain and 12,000 posts to my name

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by RidingMyCarousel, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Wow. Just a bit over a year ago, I joined up at this forum to meet people in my area and hopefully make some friends. Just over a year ago, I was probably the most childish, annoying and talkative person you could ever meet.

I really, really don't like to glorify post counts or such, especially considering the fact that many people spam their arses off to get high counts and try to impress people with them. And while I may have been that way for the first month or so when I joined here, I'd definately say that I've by far learned my lesson regarding that (oh, farraday could tell you stories about how many PMs he recieved one night because I posted 10 threads to the JCC ;) ).

What exactly makes this post special? By far, it isn't the fact that it's my 12,000th post. Numbers are everywhere; they compose the very most basic forms of life -- from how many strands of DNA compose algae to the amount of cells that a plant has to the number of circuits that it takes to get a computer to work. If not for any single one of those things, I wouldn't be here to even discuss things with anyone. And of course, that would mean that my life would be considerably more different.

I guess I just have a lot I'd like to say with this post. Right now, I'm standing on the edge of certainty and uncertainty; I'm growing up. Decisions are being laid before me and I'm making the concious effort to step beyond my back yard and into the vast fields ahead of me.

I'm about to move far, far from home. Things in my life are just pushing for me to leave the state of North Carolina and flourish elsewhere. And I'm happy to oblige; when I am finally out of this state and where I plan to end up, one of the hardest things in life will be behind me: distance. And distance, of course, if such a painful thing. If you don't understand what I mean right now, then I'll just leave you with the fact that I'm currently about 800 miles from my girlfriend. Put the pieces together; some of you know more about the situation moreso than others.
    The certain thing ahead of me: I'll be with the person I care most about in my life. I'll be completely happy. :)

The uncertain: I'll be starting anew, in a sense. I'll have an entirely new job and far away from the people I grew up with (which, given most circumstances, isn't a bad thing).
    I started to think... Why am I sharing this with all of y'all? I can remember back to a time last year, around this exact certain time of the year when I was coping and finally accepting the fact that my mother has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Many, many of you were there to help me out and get through everything in my down times. I always had a few great friends that were supportive and made things feel so much better. :)

With the wind of change flowing throughout the air, things are changing color. The grey becomes green. The red becomes brown. Wounds are healing. On the other side, fear is growing just a bit and uncertainty looms over my shoulders. I'll be leaving this place forever by the end of June. By this place, I mean a lot of things: North Carolina, my home, and even the JC itself (from a regular basis, at least). I've had a lot of great memories from this place. From forming the Charlotte, NC FanForce to petitioning alongside many folks to form the Amphitheatre, to my time with the Dark Lords of the JC and having a blast around with those zany folks to moderating here on the JC to this Big Brother game and just so much more. :)

I'd just like to take the time right now to say thank you to so many people for such great times. Things here have been fun and in my last month or so here, I know they'll continue to be fun. This game, while leaving me sometimes with the want to post outside of here with my friends, has been a very, very good bonding experience. Thus far, I've been able to complete the one thing I wanted to when I first joined the game: become friends with other housemates. :) Everyone here, past and present, has been great. :D

As for everyo

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    James, congratulations on your 12,000th post. I wish you the best of success with your "new life" and everything that happens around such a change. :)

If you ever need any relationship advice, feel free to ask the woman who's been through quite a bit in her marriage. ;)

3. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Congratulations, James! 12,000 is quite a feat! And it looks like you've made a few friends along the way. :D

4. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    It's definitely the people you meet and not the number of posts you have that makes this place so special, and I'm glad you've met so many wonderful people, James. :)

On a different note, moving is always a difficult thing, especially when it's that big move away from home. You have my best wishes on that and I hope it goes well for you. :)

Jae Angel

5. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    Congrats on 12,000 James, and I hope everything goes perfectly for you when you move so that your "new life" is even better than what you have now. Best of luck to you always!

6. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Thanks, everyone. :)

It's really scary, at least at some times. I can't wait to go through with it all, though. Oh, I'm so excited. :D

~ James

7. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    You know, my husband and I have moved about 6 or 7 times in our marriage. Each time, it's been an exciting but scary experience. Especially when we moved to places where we had no friends and very little family. Each time God has blessed us with great friends and a great learning experience. Good or bad, it all helps you grow as a person. :)

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Do I count as an 'Amphitheatre person'? ;) Congrats James on the 12,000 posts (you animal!) and on a nice reflection :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.