main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Southcoast Toy & Comic Show Dec. 5th w/ Felix Silla

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Beanie, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    Southcoast Toy & Comic Show

Felix Sillawho was an Ewok in ROTJ, Cousin It on Addams Fammily, Twiki on Buck Rogers, Lucifer on original Battlestar Galactica.

Also was Short Round's stunt double in Temple of Doom.

Might be heading down to this one next Sunday.

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I am actually thinking about going.

3. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    Jorge if you do go let me know. :)

4. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    sent ya a message on FB man check it later if you haven't already.

5. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    He guys, how did this event turn out?

6. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    it was a decent show I think. the vendor area was big I am thinking the same size as SMF with just vendors. The only bad vendor was the lady selling men's underwear company was called Chubby Hubby's Undies or something and she called me over. I know I am not a small man, but there are guys are there who weigh less than me that look worse than me. So I was a little ticked. If she was nice on the eyes then maybe it would not have been that bad. lol

The guests were few but that will increase. Felix Silla is a great guy he offered to take a picture with me and he was nice. The only negative for me at least was the artist area it was cramped beyond cramped I had a hard time fitting down the rows and if there was more than one person forget it not getting through.

Overall though a good show not a huge amount of people there, but it will get bigger I think. They are taking suggestions on who to get so who knows what will happen next time.

Next show is March 27 I think same location in Fairhaven which was surprising easy to get to.

7. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    Sounds like a good time! Disappointed I couldn't make it down there, I collect SW autographs and don't have Silla's yet. I saw the ad for the underwear vendor, looked ridiculously expensive. Weird that she called you over, doesn't seem like a very professional approach. Hopefully they'll have a few good guests in March and I'll be able to make it down. Thanks for recapping the event for me!

8. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I think over time it will get bigger and better. It went from being held in a VFW for two shows to going to a hotel. It seemed to be organized and I think once word gets out this will become more popular. The only draw back is the location being out of the way for people in Boston, but for those in southern MA and RI this would be a great thing to head to. I was there in an hour, which is probably what it would take me to get to SMF.

I will definitely attend their next show they are on FB as well.

9. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Aug 5, 2004
    I searched for their page on FB but couldn't find it and the link on their website isn't working right now. I'll keep looking, sounds like a cool event. It's going to be about an hour or so for me to get there, but I'll definitely give it a shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.