main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spielberg now reluctant to do action movies?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Billy_Dee_Binks, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    We are still in the dark on running Lucasfilm projects (SW Saga 3-D Theatrical Releases, TCW, etc.) and how they will be integrated into Disney's plans. So it's even harder to say what is going to become of Paramount and the Adventures of Indiana Jones.

But in other news, Spielberg had this to say.
    I take it with a grain of salt, but now that George Lucas has retired from these big Lucasfilm projects, I take it that after all these announcements on the progress of the story development stage, Indiana Jones V might suddenly not seem all that likely to getting made all of a sudden.

One this is for certain, this October was the month of film news bombshells.

2. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    He should just get a new hobby altogether.

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Spielberg said on MSNBC Morning Joe a week ago that his next film will be science fiction. Through his recent career, he has had no problem jumping between genres. I don't think he is giving up on anything.

4. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe after Jurassic Park 4 (which he will be the producer of) his next film could be VII.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    You watch any filmmaker in anything for a long time, they're gonna toss out conflicting statements. Freakin Spileberg's next movie is about a ROBOT APOCALYPSE. I think he'll do fine for action.

6. Hero of Tukayyid

Hero of Tukayyid Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2012
    I think he wants to adapt Robocalypse but that could change.

7. Cantina Bassist

Cantina Bassist Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    I still think Speilberg is terrific.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.