main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Spokane Washington: Anyone willing to admit they're from here?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Raph1613, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    And so, the (seemingly) age-old question get's asked, yet again: "Is there anyone from my area out there?"

If so, we should (maybe?) see about getting a little organized and possibly even starting up our own Chapter here in town.

And now, onto a silly question: Does anybody know if there ever was a Chapter here in the past that got closed down? It just seems like that might be worth knowing.

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    There was never a chapter in Spokane, but there is one in Seattle and Everett. I suggest you post this same thread on the Seattle forum to see if there is anyone in Spokane who posts there. I remember for the Attack of the Clones on IMAX event in November of 2002, I was able to contact a few people who lived near Spokane to work that event for LFL. I posted on the Seattle Star Wars Society and received response that way.

Seattle Fanforce

Seattle Star Wars Society

All you need to start a fanforce chapter in Spokane is a minimum of 3 members (none of which who reside in the same household). You then have three meetings, all of which are announced on the fanforce main pages, then on the third meeting, you elect a chapter representative. If you can drum up just two more members, I can create a Spokane WA fanforce forum for you to use to recruit new members.

3. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    You also might want to post in the off topic section of the Titan msg board as I fairly certain at least one or two of their members lives in Spokane.

4. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    I guess somebody had better cue up the crickets...

*sounds of crickets getting tuned*

By the way, it's been over a week since anyone even did anything on this board. Or is that "bored"? Is this one particularly unpopular?

Crickets, do your thing!

*sounds of crickets in the evening*

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Most everyone posts in their City/Chapter forum (if they have one). Any luck drumming up two more members in Spokane yet? As soon as you do, we can create a Spokane WA forum for you.

6. Raph1613

Jan 15, 2004
    No responses, yet. I haven't recieved any on the other places where I've posted either. It's strange, really. You would think there'd be more people....

Oh, and thank you Mara for the offer of help. Hopefully I'll get the chance to take you up on it.

*apparently, the crickets continue, unabated*

....really sad, that. But at least I'm not talking to myself. Yet.

7. GaerialCaptison

GaerialCaptison Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 9, 2002
    *steps up*

I do believe I live in this place you refer to.

*looks around for something that confirms it*

Ahh yes.

*holds up map that has a "you are here" arrow pointing at Spokane*

That confirms it.

*waves*

Hi!

8. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^That would be me^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

9. bladex2

bladex2 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Hi Earwen! :D I'm a Spokanite! :D

10. jestermac

jestermac Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2004
    Yeah, I'm from Spokane.

HI

11. Marbe

Marbe Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Never lived in Spokane, no, but there's no Coeur d 'Alene chapter and certainly no Sandpoint chapter so Spokane is what I'm closest to.

Also, never posted around here. What's this FanForce thing all about?

12. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Here is the Fanforce FAQ, it will tell you everything you want to know about Fanforce:

Fanforce FAQ

Basically, a fanforce chapter is a group of fans in the same geographic area who get together perhaps once a month to discuss Star Wars, go to movies, dinner, gaming, rpg... basically whatever the group wants to do. My fanforce chapter is over 2 years old now and I know I've made lifelong friends because of it. :)

13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Everett fan force meets once a month at a pizza place.. sometimes we even talk about SW!

14. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Hiya Jed! When are we going to meet? :p

Hi jestermac! It is always nice to meet another Spokanite!

Hi Marbe! It's nice to know that you are so close. Maybe we will be able to get a group going :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.