main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star by Star & its many cases of forcasting ((SPOILERS))

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LanceJade, Oct 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD!

I want to give everone a chance to realize that there are many spoilers here and that I don't want anyone who reads this mad. So, if you really dont wants spoilers, DONT READ THIS.

I just finished reading Star by Star... and well, Wow... what a book. There were some many things that happened that its almost impossable to cover them all. What I want to focus on here are the many cases of possable forcasting and "set ups" that Mr. Denning has left us with (these are sooo cool).

These little bits and pieces that he included in the book are incredable and can lead us to speculate any number of amazing things. Here is the first one that I found very, very interesting... I could be nothing, but... then again.

1) In the first chapter (page 4) we have Mara explaining to Jaina how valuable sleep is after she'd had Ben. She goes on to say, "You won't believe what a luxury that is until you have a baby." .... "And that's not a suggestion."

Jaina replies with, "Like I'd have time."

Now for those of you who read it, this may seem like a simple exchange... but the idea at least is interesting combined with the massive amounts of pain she goes through with her personal losses. What do you think?

2. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    2) Another one about Jaina. In 25 (page 249) we get another perspective about her feelings for Jagged Fel. "She had no idea where Jag Fel-probably not even in the known galaxy-and even less whether they were ever likely to meet again. If she insisted on waiting for a jolt like that again, she would be Mara's age before she ever..."

Is Denning giving us a hint on what is to come? Or just feeding us Jag fans?

3. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Wow. That disturbs me, that interaction between Jaina and Mara. I mean, Jaina is eighteen years old, as stated at the end of Rebirth. When Mara makes that comment about not getting any ideas about having a baby, it sorta sounds like Jaina wouldn't mind having a baby if she wasn't so busy! No wonder she's going to go to the dark side! That's just the wrong attitude for a girl her age to have! She's eighteen, and I remember when I was eighteen that having kids was the last thing on my mind! Even now at age 20, if someone were to suggest *(as my more conservative relatives often do) that I abandon my potential engineering career to become a housewife and pump out a couple of kids, I'd try my best not to laugh in their face! No, Jaina has SUCH a good job in Rogue Squadron, and she's a jedi, so why she'd even consider having kids now is beyond me! Even if she does like Jag or Kyp or whoever! Blah!!! :p

Jae Angel

PS- Sorry if any of you ARE housewives. That's an occupation too, as I can obviously see from what my grandmother and aunts do, but I'm young and idealistic and being a housewife is just not for me!

4. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    She sounds as if she could use some protection.

5. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    hehehe, chastity belt! :D

Jae Angel

6. suncrusherX

suncrusherX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2001
    Jaina is 19. I agree she should wait.

7. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    I thinki everyone should be a virgin in sw and in real life.Kids just happen

8. RikAntinney

RikAntinney Jedi Master

Sep 28, 2001
    The child of Han Solo's daughter and Soontir Fel's son...the kid'll probably be born with wings. :)

9. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    They should name him Chiss_DUde!

10. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    Sorry I didn't write the reply. Its not as if Jaina is looking to have a baby... but... well here goes.

" "Check!" Jaina's laugh was a little wistful. At nineteen, she had certainly been on dates, but the war had kept her too busy to pursue any serious relationships. Even now, she was only on temporary leave from Rogue Squadron-until the anti-Jedi sentiment in the senate faded. "Like I'd have time." "

While she isn't looking for a baby, to me it looks like a forcast of what could come. "The future is always in motion..."

11. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Im on that page right know.

12. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    Chiss Dude... you have a little way to go in the book!! :) There are along of other forcasting instances (that I dont have time to address cause Im heading to work). But this book leaves so many opportunities for plots its almost scary!!!

13. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    i got it like 5 minutes ago.

14. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
  15. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    I hate to be the devil's advocate because this forum is FULL of Jag Fel fans, but how do we know that DARK Journey (emphasis on the dark) won't have Kyp in it and not Jag? True, Jaina hates Kyp now, but it's not like there haven't been women who say one thing and then go back on what they said later. I should know, I'm one of them. But still, the word "apprenticeship" came up as one of the cryptic clues for Dark Journey, and this is just speculation on my part, but I bet that means Kyp.
    Now, back to the topic at hand. Even if Jaina gets with either Jag or Kyp, (both of which I hope DON'T happen), I would probably vomit if Jaina got pregnant. I'd probably scream and throw the book across the room! I guess it's because I feel that Jaina is probably the character I identify with the most (NO, it's NOT Kyp!! ;) ) Oh, and I started reading Sbs today and yes, she is nineteen, so scratch what I said in my last post, but it's STILL TOO YOUNG! I mean, I have a 19 year old cousin who just had her third kid this month! I would really hate to have kids that young.
    So, please, all of you, lets start a campaign for the authors to see when they come on the boards. The "Don't knock Jaina up!" Campaign!

Jae Angel

16. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    Uhm... I'm thinking that your don't knock up Jaina campaign should be in the communities board.

Other than that, I don't think we would really see something like that unless she got married. Any we all know (hope) that its not going to be Kyp. There are too many factors against it. Jagged would be an interesting choice, but we will have to wait and see wont we?

As for the cryptic words... some of them came from Jedinet... and alot stuff from there is (in my mind) is crap. Its usually taken way out of context. Anyways, just a few thoughts.

17. Face Loran

Face Loran Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 1999
    As far as I know, the cryptic words came from TF.N, not Jedinet.

18. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Lance, we dont know, and many dont hope. Get your facts straght :)

19. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    :D The odds are with me that it wont be :D

But your right, many, or some, don't hope.

20. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Im just hoping an author knows who Fen is. Make it interesting :)

21. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    That would definately make it interesting!

22. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    nah, they're not cool enough to bring back Fen. Oh, and there is a better chance of Kyp knocking Jaina up than you think, because:

-It's sick
    -It's twisted
    -One of the keywords was "Family Ties" and another one was "children" (ok, so that's very vague and could mean anything)
    -the NJO has a reputation for unexpected plot moves
    -Jag Fel is too predictable!

Jae Angel

23. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    SxS made it clear that Jaina is interested in Jag. So I do not think that would have been tossed in there unless he was going to show up in a future novel. Also they made it clear that Zekk still has the warm and fuzzys for Jaina. I think this is setting up something for Jaina's book. We could see tension here. Just a little.

24. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    Just to play Devil's advocate. Sure, it forshadow's Jag's involvement in the future books (Dark Journey?) - but it doesn't guaruntee that he actually likes Jaina.

25. NarundiJedi

Oct 8, 2001
    Ah yes, unrequited love. Jag may not like Jaina. After all, he hasn't called her for, what, two years? And Kyp was just a jerk to her. I'm sure that since he's a jedi master he was able to feel her getting butterflies for him, but he took those emotions and used her for them. I may be a Kyp fan, but even I can admit he was a jerk! Jaina needs to stop liking these jerks and find herself a real man!!

Jae Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.