main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek 2009 & Beyond] An Abiding Treasure. New Post: June 17!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 22, 2012.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Squggles! Yumsy! LOL :bighugs:

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, this was nice. [face_love] There are so many 'roads not taken' in life. You'd drive yourself in circles if you considered them all. :p A nice cap to a sweet vig. =D=

Jade_eyes likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Tags for:

Hazel

RX_Sith

earlybird-obi-wan

~~~~~~~~!!!!!!

A Mutual, Tender Thrill

Yolette

We were on a double date, as the vernacular expression is. Our guys were talking astronavigation and the intricacies of a nearby nebula cluster.

"The distance from the center to the outermost fringes where nascent stars are forming is less than that from Jupiter to Neptune."

"Less than? No precise figures?" Hikaru teased.

"I believed that in this less formal context, a more informal, conversational tone would be appreciated."

Nyota laughed. "Oh, no. He finds your smart-speak as endearing as I do."

There was a dancing and passionate glow to her eyes.

I grinned. "You have a more personal way of expressing it, of course."

She laughed and blushed.

Her love spoke softly. "You have some berry juice ..." He indicated the spot.

"Oh, thank you!" She wiped it off with a napkin. "Better?"

"Yes, you've gotten most of it." He leaned close and wiped it off the corner of her mouth, lingeringly.

I could see that even this innocuous touch affected her. My eyes met Hikaru's. Maybe it was time we took ourselves off.

Nyota

Would he have kissed it away for me if we'd been alone? I wondered. And even now, his "smart-speak" -- it did things to my stomach and my pulses.

It sent the butterflies to twirling on the one hand and the latter to racing on the other.

When we were alone, he enfolded me tightly.

"You were tingling across to me all evening, love." Was the quiet observation.

I shivered and twined myself around him. Our eyes held, as his love came across to me clearly in the slow way his hands were enjoying my curves.

/You love me... you really do./ I breathed, as our kisses lengthened. My tone held all the wonder of our newly-found love, even now, still. ^:)^

With a tender thrill to the reply, he sent back: /Indeed, I do./

++++++

:) [face_love] !!!

earlybird-obi-wan and RX_Sith like this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    So very tender [face_love] :*

Wonderful to start the weekend. @};-

Jade_eyes likes this.
  5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Lovely and beautiful moments to treasure always. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet and loving. Nice for the last days of december.^:)^

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Tags for: earlybird-obi-wan RX_Sith Hazel

Mira_Jade -- there's a nummy postie above this one LOL

~~~~~

Myriads of Ways

Soothing as the Ocean

The feel of her as I approach her near the observation viewport is soft and beckoning.

I gaze into her eyes, and find tender empathy there.

"Yes, darling ..." She murmurs. She opens her arms to me and I allow the warmth of her mind, the softness of her hands on my shoulders, and the tempo of her heartbeat to soothe away the day's travails. Her serenity is deep and I am lulled by it as by the rocking of the ocean waves.

An Occasion of Contrasts

After holding aloof from her, which was not pleasant for either of us, we are now entertwined mentally, and physically as well.

I had been telling her of aspects I found engrossing and fascinating in the culture we were about to investigate on a world which had sequestered itself away after being colonized three-quarters of a century ago.

"There is bound to be cultural as well as linguistic drift." I mused.

"And I am sure you would be able to tell us all the exact degree." She whispered teasingly with a loving laugh.

"There is something I find more engrossing than any of those prospects, perpetually, consistently." I murmured, tracing circles along her back slowly. "It's you." I concluded, giving her a heated kiss.

"Oh." She breathed. "The things you say, my sweetest heart."

End to a Perfect Day

I had given her a betrothal ring imbued with the sentiments of the giver: devotion, adoration, and passion. She was moved and thrilled.

"Perhaps you had begun to wonder if I would give you a tangible token ..." I suggested jocularly as we lay embraced before the fire.

"Yes, I figured you would think it was a purely sentimental gesture and not necessary." She replied in seeming earnest. Our bond gave nothing away.

"Indeed?"

"And I would have to find some sort of way to explain that to my family." She continued in a tone that seemed to infer disgruntlement.

"Really? I would hope you would know better than that." I answered, and she laughed.

"Dearest love, I do love you ..."

I crushed her nearer. She clung back. "You are so ineffably beautiful in innumerable ways." I breathed in her ear, and then proceeded to prove this to her.

At the end, I kissed her blissfully closed eyes.

"I cherish you." I murmured lowly, and she purred in total contentment.

+++++

Gooifies totally. ^:)^ :D

RX_Sith and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Too sweet!! [face_love]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Very sweet. Lovely with the gifts and bonds. Spock can be very romantic

Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Melting sweetness... [face_love] @};-

Jade_eyes likes this.
  11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ha haa, thanks for the note! I read the one above your latest update, and then I scrolled down to the comment box and found that I had two updates to read. That is always a wonderful surprise. :p

The first - I don't think I've said enough how much I love, love, love that such simple moments are so touching between these two. I loved the berry juice, and the 'smart speak'. I think that is one of the things that have drawn us all to Spock. [face_whistling][face_love]

And then the second - You know I love the drabble 'word-sketch' format. I particularly liked how the first two ficlets were juxtaposed by the things they loved - the viewport looking onto space, and then the second with the cultural complexities and language. Both are reasons for their jobs, but their bond overshadows and is strengthened by those things. And Spock is such a smooth talker, as always. How very human of him. [face_mischief] The third one was just too sweet for words - I love it every time that ring is brought up. [face_love]

Well done, as always. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    The fires of the volcanco pale in comparison to the fires of their desire and passion for each other. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Tags: RX_Sith Hazel earlybird-obi-wan Mira_Jade
    Simple Things To Warm the Soul

In the aftermath of a rescue mission, each reaches out to provide solace and comfort and warm experiences to some they meet transitorially.

"Hello, I thought you would enjoy some vanilla chai." He hands Nyota a cup of the fragrant drink.

"Hello my love, and thanks!" She takes a long sip and leans back happily in the sofa cushion.

"I saw you in the children's medward, reading an animated story." He reflects that Nyota is easy to notice and hard to miss with her beauty and vivacity.

"Yes, it was one of my favorites: Goodnight Moon." She smiles.

"Then I saw you later in the patient's lounge talking to an older couple. You were very engrossed."

Her grin widens with a touch of a fond memory. "Yes, they reminded me of my adopted grandparents. I joined a volunteer program as a teen where you're paired up with older ones whose family isn't nearby, or for those whose grandparents are no longer alive or far away and not seen often. They were telling me how they met. They worked for the same company where office romances were discouraged. So they were very discreet, but when it came down to it, they quit and opened up a business just like it in another town. It was fortunate that they both had skills and talents in that direction: she for being a gourmet, he for running the financial and marketing end. She said to me - just think, he could've just looked at me as a colleague or good friend and that would've been the end of it. I said, really? And she laughed and said: No, I would've chased after him and let him think he caught me."

"I too spoke to a youngling who was waiting for his brother to come out of surgery. Fortunately, he will be all right after physical therapy. They live with their aunt and uncle; they lost their parents a few months ago." There is a slight pause. "I heard it said that listening and sharing is cathartic. It somehow makes your own losses ... easier?"

Her dark eyes soften with tender warmth. She reaches a hand to clasp his. "Well, if not easier, exactly, you feel as if you've given to someone else, made their burdens lighter, if only briefly, and that in itself is a healing."

"You make such overtures so spontaneously and naturally. I deeply admire that in you. You bring solace and warmth to all those whom you encounter." His free hand caresses her hair lightly as it spills across her shoulder.

She exclaims: "Oh! It touches me so intensely when you say such things and to have your admiration."

"Admiration is not the only or deepest facet which you stimulate for me."

She laughs with elation. "Yes, I know. I pointed that out to Gretchen and Ewan this afternoon. She noticed my ring and asked about you and I. I told her you are the love of my life and make me very happy. And contrary to some misguided speculations, you are not Commander Cardboard." She smirks.

Later ... A Gentle Introspection

As we lie together, I surround myself with the sound of her soft breathing, her heartbeat, her physical warmth as we entwine ourselves firmly together. This last is echoed by the loving flow between us, radiant and strong.

Some may wonder at the ease with which I speak words of love. It brings her pleasure; it nourishes her spirit and is the least she deserves.

Nyota is a haven and a bulwark.

She catches this thought and whispers: "You are sweet beyond words. How I do love you!"

"As I do you." I reply sincerely.

Our shared lingering kisses are poignant with all we have been able to articulate and also with that we could never quite find words to adequately express.

++++++

^:)^
    :D

RX_Sith and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    SWEEETTTTT!!!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

You never fail to make me smile, Jade [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, but we are so fond of Captain Cardboards. ;) [face_whistling] I love all of the out of fandom references you squeeze in here at times. :p

But, more than that, I adore how tenderly and beautifully you still continue to portray their love. Just . . . lovely. [face_love]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    The thing with the older couple was so cute!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved the healing and the care she gave to the older couple

Sweet as always

Jade_eyes likes this.
  18. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    They are truly a treasure to behold with their love and passion for each other that they constantly reaffirm with their actions and thoughts. [:D]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hazel -- thanks! Your L/M is a slam dunk for me too [face_love] [face_love] !!!

Nat -- yes, I loved showing her reaching out and also showing an older couple still in the bloom of love ;)

earlybird-- thanks!

Mira -- @};- The novelty hasn't worn off can you tell? ^:)^ I love each of them separately so blooming much so together -- heads up -- my second most adored NSWFF pairing will be shown next week sometimes. =P~

RX-- [face_love] [face_love] Num-tum on your reply. That is one siggy worthy quote there. [:D] !!!!

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! Can't seem to stop [face_love] [face_love]

RX_Sith Mira_Jade :*

earlybird-obi-wan Hazel
    ~~~~~~
    Talk with Poppa

I had a brief comm-call from my Poppa who was in deep talks with a government who was on the verge of collapse financially: debating tax hikes versus spending cuts. :p

"Waffling walruses" is what he called them. [face_laugh]

He asked how things were going work-wise and otherwise. I grinned and said everything was fine.

"I know you're not the kind to want or need lots of mollycoddling, but is it everything you thought it would be?"

"Yes ... did you think it wouldn't be? That your first impression was misplaced? You have better people-reading skills than that."

He smiled ruefully. "Just checking that you're happy, baby girl."

My tummy flipped with butterflies. "Happy isn't the word I'd choose." I whispered.

His grin became full-blown. "You're even more smitten than ever, aren't you."

I laughed. "This is so a fact."

We signed off with "I love you's."

Later

When I told my ashal-veh of this conversation, he raised a teasing brow. "Tell me something? If your parents had withheld their approval or given overt dissent to our joining, what would you have done?"

Not much chance of that, I thought happily. ;)
    I laughed and wrapped myself around him and whispered between warm, loving kisses: "Married you, anyway, of course!!!"

[face_dancing]

^:)^

+++++

[face_love] :) :)

RX_Sith likes this.
  21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    "Married you, anyway, of course!!!"

Of course!!! [face_love] But fortunately, Nyota's parents are not that ignorant. ;)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love dad's observations and the taxes and cuts are so familiar

Jade_eyes likes this.
  23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Love the real-life tie in--hopefully her dad is successful (more than others .... :p )

Jade_eyes likes this.
  24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, how sweet. [face_love] I am glad that they have such supportive families - and it is great to see Moumbwa make an apearance, as always. :D

Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I adore these two so much! You write them perfectly! And I love the protective father bit too! Keep them coming Deb!

Jade_eyes likes this.