main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Star Wars 3D!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jershbi_Wan_Luap, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Jershbi_Wan_Luap Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2011
    Do we get another chance to geek out at an opening? I would love the chance to have my 8 year old experience this event for the first time!!!! Dress up fun time 5000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you think there will be the same big deal made about these openings as there has been in the past?!?!

2. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    One things for certain, star wars fans will always be the same and best of all, theres new fans being born every day [face_dancing] the legacy will live on, as long as we have star wars hittin the theaters we can rest assured there will be cos players and mid night madnesseses goin on.... bet ill be there!!! i went to every one!!! have i failed to mention I was at the 4th showing back in 1977 for a little ditty entitled "star wars"?? opening night at the ventura drive in, opening night!! it was awesome. 4 screens with diffrent movies playing, that is untill they realized every one was there to see the star wars!!! they wound up playing it on all 4 screens looped until dawn!!! Im anxiously awaiting the release of star wars 3d.... hey man ill see ya there!!!

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    We could always set up a OFF meeting/gathering at one of the showings when they come out. :p

4. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    That is a good idea, sir.

5. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    I heard that TPM is out next year in 3D!!!!

I have to get my merc costume up and running. Finally!

3 cheers for Darth Motivation!!![face_dancing]

6. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Well, I don't subscribe to the Darth title, at all, but if you need motivation, I will be happy to give you the swift kick in the posterior region, if you like! :p

But seriously, man, we need to get together (and I mean real soon). It would seem my status within the Mercs is improving, so I may be coming back, afterall. Bringing in a recruit or two with me would help out, I am sure. But that's selfish talk...

What is important is that you want to be a Mando, I can help you with that. I have friend at work who definitely wants to do a Mando costume, too. I am sure we can all get something going together (I am wanting to do a new Mando costume).

So, yeah, let's get together sometime. This weekend, I will be at St Helen's Holloween Towne festival all day Saturday. Seron Clan will be there in costume, participating in the day's events. Our very own Drago Seron, the clan's alor'ad (clan captain) is running for Mayor of Hollween Towne. If anyone happens to go to St Helen's on Saturday, all they need to do is just go to the towne square.... downtown St Helen's. We'll be there!

Sunday, I will be at Excaliber Comics for the Women of Wonder event. Although, I haven't decided if I am doing Mando of GI JOE / Cobra. This is an event that raises money for women's shelters, basically combating domestic violence. Our good friend, Andy Mangels (yes, the ANDY MANGELS.... the one who authored and illustrated the Boba Fett comic "Twins Engines of Destruction" from Dark Horse), is hosting this event at that comic shop. Excaliber Comics is located at 2444 SE Hawthorne St. Portland, Oregon.

Any and all should check out these events, if they can.

- Bill

7. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    Dude, bro. I'm into it. I'm stalling out on my gun and have made no progress on figuring out my gear.

I have my kid on weekends so I don't have a lot of opportunity to get together. I say we do it at a OFF meeting. I think Jimbo Sidiouso is with it as well.

8. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    No worries, bro. We will talk shop, all in good time!

- Bill

9. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    The birth of Yu-Kahn Chohd is at hand!!!

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Since Episode 1 is coming out soon in 3D (in just a few weeks), should we have a get-together at some point and then head over to a theater to see it?

11. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    There are 2 trooping events planned.
    Salem Lancaster Cinemas Sat Feb 11th 1:00pm-5:00pm. Big trooping event.
    Eastport Cinemas Sat Feb 11th Century Mark 16 at East Port Plaza 11:30am. Small trooping event.

if anyone is interested. Enjoy.

12. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Just got back from seeing it, and I have to say that the 3-D didn't add much to the movie. But, I didn't go for 3-D, I went to see it because it's Star Wars on the big screen. Couldn't pass that up.

13. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I seem to keep falling off the radar. The Mercs trooped Cedar Hills Cinema. Unfortunately, it was kind of dead. There were a few costumers, but we were there. There was even a couple who showed up in bathrobes and carrying lightsabers ("bathrobe Jedi", anyone?)

I have a brand new generic smuggler costume that I wore that night. It kind of has a Han Solo feel to it. It was fun to wear. Way easy to sit in a theater seat.

Here is a pic on my FB page:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3160068914877&set=t.1499764859&type=3&theater

- Bill