main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ItsThatGuy, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsThatGuy

ItsThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 12, 2006
    If you missed the last FanForce meeting, then you missed show-and-tell. I showed off this awesome record that I got for Christmas:

[image=http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/07/67/44/01/0007674401712_500X500.jpg]

Star Wars and Other Galactic Funk is a disco album by Meco released in 1977. The album remakes various themes and songs from the Star Wars soundtrack into more catchy disco beats. The single from the album "Star Wars Theme/Cantina Band" is the biggest-selling instrumental single in the history of recorded music, being the only instrumental single ever to be certified platinum (2 million units) by the RIAA. In addition to the normal 3:32 version the album contains a full 15-minute version of the tune. As the 1977 animated cinema advert said: "It's the one you can dance to!"

Another suprising fact is that it is available on CD at Wal-Mart.com, Target.com or Amazon.com!

2. CueTheMassacre

CueTheMassacre Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2007
    I see your awesome retro music, and I raise you THIS

[image=http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff155/CueTheMassacre/dkhan-1979rdmf.jpg]

Moscow is quite possibly the best song ever written

*** Edit***

By the way, what is that dude doing to the girl on the cover and is it just me or is his fist (mostly his thumb) in a peculiar area?

3. VadersMissingArm

VadersMissingArm Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2008
    haha that record is classic. i had a copy many years ago, along with a copy of the original soundtrack, however the B-side was the music to 2001: a space odessey. so in a sense it was a split LP featuring the London Philaharmonic Symphony. But represent the galactic funk.

4. TD6829

TD6829 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2006
    That's close - when I first saw this thread about Galactic FUNK I thought we might have been talking about SEVERAL of us after a troop.

Now I'm gonna have to find that CD!

5. TGaines1

TGaines1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 2, 2007
    I tell ya John, I read your post and for some reason it hit a nerve. I'm still laughing. Oh, its fun to laugh on a Friday!

6. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    That is awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.