main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Star Wars Celebration II

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Rox , Jun 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I know it's like a year(it's never too early to start talking about it) away but has anyone been thinking about going. It's going to be held in Indianapolis, Indiana the 1st - 6th 2002. Wizards of the Coast are holding it at the Indiana Convention Center in hall B. Me and my brother are definately penned in for the trip. We didn't get to go to the last one because I was about to graduate from school. We're gonna reserve a room sometime in late January/early February. We are going to stay the whole week. This thread is an open invitation to everyone to join our convoy.

MTFBWYA

2. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Well, I'm in Indy right now and we here in the Indy Knight fan forum have already begun plans to get ourselves actually working at the event :) I'll be out in Pittsburgh by that time but I will definitely be coming back for it. Should be a great time.

3. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I was just lurking in your forum that's how I got the idea for this thread.

4. Anowin

Anowin Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2001
    My roomate and I are planning on going. He went to the last one with another friend of mine and I didn't get to go. They got back just in time to meet me at Toys R Us for some mind-night shopping!

I'm passing through Indy on Monday. I might have to look around a little.

5. Oola_Twilek

Oola_Twilek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2000
    Thats awesome that it is in Indy. I have some friends out there that i havent seen for along time so i will plan to go!

6. Stormtrooper_TK-725

Stormtrooper_TK-725 Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2001
    Where can I learn more about this event? Is there a website??? ? A year is a good amount of time to plan for

7. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Therer isn't a website yet, but I keep checkiing the Indy forum for most of my info. Wizards of the Coast will most likely post it on there website once it becomes officail.

8. Stormtrooper_TK-725

Jun 14, 2001
    Cool. I am planning on being there for sure. I will have a job by then (if I don't I am a sad sad person) and I will be putting money aside for the event.

TK-725
    Imperial Stormtrooper

9. Stormtrooper_TK-725

Jun 14, 2001
    Come on people. Start posting. Lets start planning this thing now. I know its next year but you can never have too much time.

TK-725

10. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    The official dates for the event are May 3-5 2002! Here's a link to some
    info.

11. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    I could go if its after april and if i can cross state lines on cinderilla licsnes ( I know I suck at spelling) From when to when is it. I would try to ask my parents if we go on vaction there but well they thought it was weird enough going to the comic con even though they went to the mall while I sweated my nuts off in my Bobba Fett costume.

12. Oola_Twilek

Oola_Twilek Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2000
    I talked it over with some people and I am about 80% sure we are going. unless its really freakn expensive to go...

13. Stormtrooper_TK-725

Jun 14, 2001
    Corran I met you in Pittsburgh :) Yep I still remember. Sorry I haven't replied to some of your emails.:-(

Anyway, when your parents look at you like you are nuts tell them you could be out doing drugs and shooting up or taking acid instead of just wearing a costume and being interested in Star Wars. Dressing up as your fav character and having fun isn't weird at all. Let your parents know that. :)

TK-725

14. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I second that TK-725, couldn't have said better. I don't know if you guys know but there's now a Celebration II forum. Keep an eye on it in the future for all kinds of good stuff.

15. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    Thats alright TK-725. I've used that I could be out doing drugs line before just about before we pass lowes and I need parts. I'm still curious with the laws changing so much if i can drive out there next year. if i could thats one more car to go. Maybe we should get in touch with smith tours or one of them to get a bus though we tried a convoy idea once to go from Kittanning to Kennywood and we got seperated and had to wait an hour just to get in.

16. up2win

up2win Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2001
    I plan on going to the celebration. I have ny reservations already. It seems like alot of people had already made em. A bunch of us are in the Days Inn on Washington Blvd. Its 4 blocks away. Seened to be the cheapest too, 62.90 a night. Email me if u want the number.

Mike
    up2win@aol.com

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I think I'm making my reservations next week. Did you have to pay any money in advance?

18. up2win

up2win Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2001
    No they didnt need any money up front. I just gave them a credit card number and the will charege it when i get there. A bunch of us are at the Days Inn on Washington Blvd. If interested the number is 317-637-6464. The cost of the room was 62.92, but u may have to ask for a local discount.

Mike(hope that helps)
    By the way, what part of Pa are u from??

19. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    Stupid son OF BLEEPPPPPP!!!!! I just got my scedule for this year I dont' got drivers ed until april. ARRGHH!!!!! Um could I maybe hitch a ride? I'll even sleep in the car to save money. 62 was my last pay check.

20. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm from McKees Rocks, it's right outside of Pittsburgh, maybe 8 miles west. Not really sure about it thou.

Corran down the road I might try and get a mobile home for the week. If I do I'm sure there would be plenty of room. But if I don't I won't have any extra space with my two brother and I going already. Ask greencat my car's pretty small.

21. up2win

up2win Jedi Youngling

Aug 21, 2001
    That sounds great Rox. Let me know what ya come up with. Hey by the way..go check out my Pittsburgh site it just opened but its kind of a way to get all the Pittsburgh people together.

Thanks, and please feel free to join. It would be nice to have ya aboard.

http://www.thejawa.net/cgi-bin/YaBB/PITSWCC/YaBB.cgi

MIKE

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    starting on october 1st you can reserve your tickets at this site for the celebration.

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

You can bet I'm getting mone that day.

23. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Well it looks like the ticket registration date has been pushed back to November 15th.

I'm the quasi leader of the soon to be official Central Pennsylvania chapter of FanForce. We're planning a trip to Celebration II, and our planned route takes us right by Pittsburgh. How are you guys getting there?

The Indy Knights are also planning a FanForce party to be held in Indianapolis, which sounds fun.

!snap

24. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    I just recently moved here from Indy and will be driving back most likely to attend the celebration. The Indy Knights are a great bunch of people and they are busily preparing a great get together for all the Fan Forces coming in. Drop in over at their thread to find out details and see what you can do to help.

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Snap-hiss and yodafett I'm driving. When it gets a little closer to May maybe we can plan a caravan of Pittsburghers. I really haven't checked out much of the Indy board lately but I try to stop by every once in a while. I want to try to go to the Fan Force party if time permits. Can you give me a link to a thread on what they have planned so far? I want to try and get some info together so I'm prepared.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.