main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

STAR WARS CHRONICLES: SEEDS OF DARKNESS

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Azeem, Dec 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    TFN FanFilms and Icicle Studios proundly bring you, STAR WARS CHRONICLES: SEEDS OF DARKNESS
    It is a Dark time for the Republic. Senator Palpatine has declared himself Emperor and has begun to systematically eliminate the Jedi. However on a remote planet in the outer rim territory there is a lone Jedi Master who knows secrets about the Emperor and his resurrection of the Sith. The Emperor has foreseen that this Jedi could be his downfall.

A Sith Lord has been dispatched to destroy the fallen Jedi master before he has the chance to align himself with the lowly rebellion. The Rebels themselves have sent a Squadron including a young padawan named Mira Naolos in attempt to lure Master Rotal back to the "good side".

When all of these elements come together the action explodes in traditional Star Wars style. Will the Rebels reach Master Rotal in time? Or will the Sith destroy him and secure the rise of Palpatine and his stronghold on the galaxy? The Fate of the Star Wars universe will be decided in this epic battle.

STAR WARS CHRONICLES: SEEDS OF DARKNESS
    http://www.theforce.net/theater/shortfilms/seedsofdarkness

2. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    Thanks AZEEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    JediTAC's Official Review: Seeds of Darkness - coming Monday 12/03/2001

4. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    I wish I had Broadband or DSL Internet Connection right now.... :(

5. Anonymous_Jedi

Anonymous_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Part1: Done
    Part2: Done
    Part3: 30%

:)

6. Anonymous_Jedi

Apr 4, 2001
    Everyone to the chat to chat about it!!!

7. Jedi_Master_dude

Jedi_Master_dude Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2001
    I Saw It!, Very Good!!!!! :D

8. Anonymous_Jedi

Apr 4, 2001
    Very good, but I had a few major qualms with it, I'll post them tommorow.

9. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    NICE!

that's good!

10. Seth-of-the-Sith

Seth-of-the-Sith Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2001
    I'm not the kinda guy that writes long post about how
    films could be better or what I don't like in a film,
    so I'll just say a few words.

I loved this film because of its qaulity and its story. This movie was like duality, but with a story.
    And the ending was THE best I've seen in a fan film. This film was awsome and
    I have no negitive comments to say about it. I give it 3 BIG thumbs up, very well done...

11. darthdastoli

darthdastoli Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2000
    WOW!

It is the best fan film ever made.

Not only are there excellent special effects, but the creators exhibited good film making skills in general. Acting could have been better but don't worry, that's forgivable.

12. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    woohoo im in like the 1st ten to post! I saw the Coming @ 6 oclock think and im all WOOHOO!!! FINALLY! Suddenly, me mum calls at 5:30 and says we're going out to dinner. I was disheartened that I couldnt be the first to post but o well. I havent d/led yet but i think its gonna rock.

~Neszis~

13. MoffJake

MoffJake Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2001
    still trying to dowload. When I click on the link to part 1, it opens and downloads the first few seconds, and then it freezes and I have to restart. When download the link to disk, it downloads but when I try to open that, QuickTime freezes. I looked at the downloaded file with MacLink and it says its some kind of compressed file.

Weird. I got part 3 alright, still trying to get 1 and 2, though.

-MJ

14. icicle

icicle Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2000
    MoffJake,

We have noticed this behavior on some machines. The way to get it working once you downloaded it is to to click on the fast forward button to go to the last frame and then click on the back button to go back to the first frame. After that it works fine. We're not sure why this is happening...

I will PM you the same info...

15. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    Damn good movie considering it started as a test!

16. Seth-of-the-Sith

Feb 28, 2001
    It started as a test?

Edit: Did anyone notice the "Wilhelm" scream in the film? I thought that was a nice touch.

17. icicle

Nov 27, 2000
    yes it started as a test. It was supposed to be a 5 minutes saber duel. Just a simple test to see what we could achieve. We never meant to have a story or anything fancy....but we kept on adding elements to it and it kept on growing. We kept adding stuff and changing things all the way until a month and half before its release! :)

18. Seth-of-the-Sith

Feb 28, 2001
    Who did the sound mixing for the film icicle, and how can I reach him/her?

19. icicle

Nov 27, 2000
    What do you mean by sound mixing? Are you asking about who composed the music or who actually put all the sounds together?

20. Seth-of-the-Sith

Feb 28, 2001
    I'm sorry, I ment the Sound FX mixing, as in who added the sound into the movie and did all the mixing.

21. icicle

Nov 27, 2000
    Jedi_Icicle (Mazen Mawlawi) and I (Marty Hudzik) mixed all of the sound F/X.
    You can PM us or email us.

22. Seth-of-the-Sith

Feb 28, 2001
    Ok, I think I will.

23. DarthJamesMScott4th

DarthJamesMScott4th Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2001
    That wuz good dude. Great film! As for
    the continuity[sic] problems. They are minor. The visuals equal Knightquest. The
    Dog fights may equal the original films themselves. Cool!!

Now all I need is BA, PTH & Sins of the Jedi.
    Then I will rule the Galaxy HaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!
    ....well...maybe not. Anyway good film.:)

24. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Very cool film! Once again the bar has been raised. You barely managed to outdo KnightQuest (barely because I was looking forward to that since their first sabre test). The Maul-like apprentice's eyes were a nice, if not lime-green, touch. :)

Perhaps you could release the deleted bounty hunter scenes someday. They're mentioned in the credits, but they got cut out of the film?

Things to work on...

The only problem I have with it is that Mira changes uniforms between when she's in her X-Wing and when she's on the surface. Course maybe she had time to... I just never imagined that pilots would take their pilot uniform off when they're only going to be on the planet for a short time.

Jason Graves... AWESOME music! I will definitely be buying the CD! :)

Overall, excellent work.

25. buliwif

buliwif Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    blessed be and praise the saints! at last, thanks to this film and die hard fanboys everywhere, i now have the answer to the question i've been asking for years: Where the heck did that scream come from? Known as the Wilhelm, and effectionately called the "lucas" by my staff, i've been looking for this scream for YEARS!!! at last, now i know it's origins....

oh, by the way... i really enjoyed this film... excellent job, icicle studios!

oh, by the way, Seth of the Sith... my main sound guy... would you happen to have a wav file of the wilhelm? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.