main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Comedy Show

Discussion in 'Archive: Miami, FL' started by conyo, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conyo

conyo Jedi Master

Apr 28, 2005
    Hello there,

My name is Alex Perdomo and I am one of the directors of Just The Funny, Miami's Home For Improv and Sketch Comedy. You may be wondering why I am writing on this forum. I as well as many members of our comedy troupe are very excited about Episode 3, so much so that we are creating a special themed show called "Star Dorks." Please don't be offended, all of us in Just The Funny are HUGE Star Wars fans. I am so much an admirer of George Lucas that my sons middle name is Lucas,whom I named after George, no lie. Two of our members and I are going to MGM Studios to meet Peter Maythew in May. So we wear the "Star Dorks" moniker proudly. One of the ideas we have is that if anyone attends our show in Star Wars costume, you get in for free. I am wondering if you know of any Star Wars fans that would attend the show in Star Wars costumes or of a web site that I could post this information. We perform at the Miami Museum of Science Theatre and Planetatium. (It can't get any more space related than that!) Star Dorks will run on May 21st at 9 and 11 PM. We have a website www.justthefunny.com. If you have any questions you can email me at superniceREMOVETHISPART@bellsouth.net or you can call me at 305-450-5353.

Thank you for your time,

Alex Perdomo,
    Just The Funny

2. allanf

allanf Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2005
    I'm coming down from my job at Epcot to perform in the show. I'll be bringing my Yoda puppet for a segment called "Ask Master Yoda" where the crowd can ask Yoda ANYTHING. Just remember, Yoda's off the clock, so he doesn't maintain the stature he does on camera.

Hope to see tons of people in costume at the Museum on 5/21/05.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.