main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars DVD release & viewing

Discussion in 'Archive: Lubbock, TX' started by TI1420, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Hasting's Books & Music on 50th street, just east of Slide Road, is having a Star Wars DVD event on Monday September 20th. They will have trivia and some other activities beginning at 10pm and going until the DVDs go on sale at midnight.

I will be there in my Stormtrooper armor to represent the 501st and general SW costuming community... if you make it out, please be sure to introduce yourself!

A couple weeks later, on October 6th, the book group and some other folks will be meeting to watch one or two of the DVDs on the Omni dome screen. This is a private event, so if you want to come out, shoot me an email and I'll get you all the details; bullseyetie@yahoo.com

2. dinochick

dinochick Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    Here are my pictures from the DVD release party http://www.dinochick.com/SW.htm

It was a fun time, wish we could have seen more of you there!

3. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    It was good to see you, too, and have other folks in costume!

The DVD viewing party is ON! Please shoot me an email at bullseyetie[at]yahoo.com if you are interested in coming and I will get you all the details.

Or, you can log in and register with the local 'meetup' sci-fi/fantasy group and get emails about this and other events:
    http://scifi.meetup.com/21/

4. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002

Just a reminder: the DVD viewing is TONIGHT!

There will be some halloween candy, but please feel free to bring some other snacks and/or drinks.

A prize awaits the winner of the costume contest, so be sure to wear a costume!

Here are the details:

Science Spectrum, 8pm- SOUTH side of the building, under the green awning. Enter through the doors of the "Science Education Center".

There have been lots of RSVPs for this and should be a lot of folks there. Please come one out and join us for one of the original trilogy films on DVD!

5. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    Thanks for setting the movie up for us Ian. :D

We had a great time. It was great to see so many people there (did anyone get a head count?) and the costumes were great! It was also nice to get to watch ESB with other SW fans :)

6. TI1420

Nov 5, 2002
    It was great to see you last night as well. I had a great time- Star Wars fans are always such nice people. The costumes were great- it was cool to see Snow and her whole family participate.

I'm glad the movie looked and sounded good in the little theater; we'll have to do more events in there.

When you get a moment, maybe you can email me those pictures. I wish I hadn't forgotten my camera :(

All in all I had a terrific time. Let's start thinking about what activity to do for next time; maybe a collector's swap meet or a round of the minis game.

Until next time...

7. dinochick

Jul 7, 2002
    Sure, as soon as I figure out how to get them off my phone I will send them your way :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.