main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Star Wars Episode VII: A New Beginning

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RX_Sith, Apr 2, 2013.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Title: Star Wars Episode VII: A New Beginning
    Author(s): RX_Sith
    Timeframe: This will be set before, during and after Star Wars Episode VII
    Characters: Han Solo, Leia, Luke Skywalker, etc.
    Genre: AU, EU
    Keywords: New Beginning
    Summary: This story will be my interpretation of hopefully what events and happenings will occur in the New Trilogy of movies starting with Episode VII.
    Disclaimer: Obviously, I own not a single character, but I can at least write about them. :)

Star Wars Episode VII: A New Beginning

Part I: Beginning Anew

Luke peered outside of the vastly expansive window of the Republic Cruiser that he was upon currently. The stars twinkled in a unique synchronicity that perfectly matched his sense of contemptment along with the peaceful ebbs of The Force that enabled him to sense both the good and bad things that would happen soon...

Han and Leia looked outside of their rather humble abode as their grand-children scurried around them. They shared a rather appreciative laughter at the sight of their children's children behaving just as precarious as their children had beforehand. It was odd but enjoyable to see how the circle of life had blessed them so. Han placed his arm around Leia and gave her his usual scoundrish kiss.

"Ah... the good times," he basked in the warmth of her love, "Why did they have to go by so fast."

"It's these slow moments that I savor," Leia stared deeply into his smouldering eyes as she planted a long and lingering kiss upon his lips, "We still have many more good times to go you know."

"Yes," Han simply agreed as he returned her kisses in kind, "But still, why do they have to go by so fleetingly."

"Oh, you're just incorrigable," Leia smirked at his loss of the moment, "Can't you just simply appreciate what we have in the here and now."

"I don't know," Han mused between his scoundrish mannerisms, "Perhaps you could persuade me more."

"Oh... I don't think so, Mister," Leia now rebuked his efforts, "You had you chance, now I get to be the scoundrel while you become the damsel in distress."

"I'm no damsel," Han objected to her tone, "Maybe I could convince Chewie to be one though."

Chewbacca roared in disapproval at Han's suggestion.

"Then again I guess not," Han teased her, "Can you possibly rescue this damsel from his impending doom?"

"We'll see," Leia teased him back, "After all, you're only in semi-hot water at the moment."

"Well, that's a relief," Han smirked, "For a second there, I thought you were going to resort to freezing me in carbonite again."

"You know, that's not a bad idea," Leia teased him further, "A little freezing just may thaw that rough exterior of yours enough for your inner feelings to emerge."

"On second thought, I think I'll check up on the Falcon again," Han stated knowing that he had once again lost another round to his love, "At least my ship still loves me."

He saw numerous sparks and shortages suddenly occur on the Millenium Falcon.

"You did that, didn't you?" Han queried Leia.

"You'll never find out why," Leia told him simply, "Go ahead, fix your mess."

Han was about to argue some more, but figured that he would again lose, so he turned towards the Falcon and started to massage its frame.

"Don't worry, pal," he ran his fingers up and down the sides of the ship, "I'll fix you back up from her wreckless attempts to render you useless yet."

To Be Continued...

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL on the snark and I love the family not being disintegrated by Sithly darkness. That in and of itself is a great start :p =D= Challenges are one thing, being broken is quite another :rolleyes: Looking forward to seeing Mara, hopefully? ;) [:D]

RX_Sith likes this.
  3. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    Holy cow, a Chewbacca sighting! Already it's better than profic.

Jade_eyes and RX_Sith like this.
  4. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes

Yes, I like it also very much when Han and Leia have their snarkiness ongoing. [:D]Don't worry, Mara is in this next update. @};-

SiouxFan

Thanks for the kind words. Hope that you continue to enjoy this. :D

Part I: Beginning Anew

Chapter 2: Mara's Fiery Glow

As Luke went to his room, he saw Mara's fiery glow from her highlighted red hair bask him to tease it, which he did delicately. She stirred from her sleep and semi-glared at him from waking her.

"You'd better have a good reason for waking me up," she slightly teased him.

Luke caressed her tresses some more and then planted a wet kiss upon her lips, "Does that help my cause any?"

She bit her lip and then kissed him back inhaling his love for her deeply into her soul, "Yes, it is helping to calm my fiery glow."

The years had been very kind to Mara Jade Skywalker as her beauty was still very calming on the eyes compared to her vibrant hair color. Luke, meanwhile, had grown own and grizzled, probably more due to the Emperor's lightning effects so many years ago now. He had some scruff upon his face, but tried to keep it relatively short due to its greyness. He had been teaching Jedi for decades now and knew that he would soon have to pass the mantle along; hopefully to either their son, Ben or to one of the Solo's twins, either Jacen or Jaina.

It was something that he knew that he could not pick his eventual successor himself due to his familiarity of both his and Han's and Leia's family. So, he solved it the only way that he could; he had initiated a test of sorts that would include not only Ben, Jacen, and Jaina, but other Jedi Warriors as well. Whoever came out from this initiation would end up being his successor.

He had explained to those attempting to complete the test that they had exactly one month to impart upon him not only their qualities and knowledge of The Force, but also he gave them a unique mission; that of finding a secret scroll that was rumored to be on a planet deep within the Wild Space region of space; DNX-N1. This planet was the homeworld of the smokelike species, Filar-Nitzan.

The Filar-Nitzan due to the smokelike appearance were able to infiltrate practically any area due to their ability to waft into any kind of installation. Because of this, Luke cautioned those taking the test to be careful as the Filar-Nitzan had also been known to waft into a person controlling their actions from the inside. Due to this kind of effects, environmental suits would have to be worn that were completely self-contained.

It had been now exactly one week since Luke had dispatched the Jedi to DNX-N1 and as each day passed, Luke tried to get a sense through The Force as to if anyone was having any difficulties. But, due to the vast distance along with the shadowy nature of the planet itself, he could not really peer into its dark depths to see what was happening. In essence, he was in the dark just as much as the Jedi who were there would be.

Knowing that he himself may have to eventually leave to go towards DNX-N1 as well was causing him to pause deeply in knowing that he did not want to make the results from his interference favor one Jedi over another. So, he was going to break the bad news to Mara Jade that Leia and Han had volunteered to go instead. He knew deep inside that she would want to go as well, but he wanted her to be with him and not amongst the stars.

Luke gulped deeply as he broke the bad news to Mara Jade, "Leia and Han are departing for DNX-N1 tomorrow," he started, "I want to ensure that the Jedi come back from this initiation that I have sent them on."

"What about me?" she asked wondering why he hadn't included her as well.

Luke again swallowed and then told her as gently as possible, "I want you to remain with me, my love."

No sooner did he finish when he could see her fiery nature once again rear its flaming rage, "Really?! That's the only reason!"

"Isn't it good enough?" he did not know if he actually wanted her to answer that question or not.

"No!" she spat out at him as she now got up from their bed, "I'm going along with them as well; if you want to accompany us, then I have no issue with that!"

"I can't personally get involved," he told her truthfully, "I don't want my interference clouding my decision or causing someone to win the intiation due to my presence."

"Well, then I guess I have nothing else to say but goodbye for now then," Mara Jade stated rather unsurprisingly to him, "I'll see you in three weeks."

She immediately left the room to go over to Leia and Han's place. Luke gathered walked out back towards the Bridge area of the Republic Cruiser and looked once again out amongst the stars... he could feel the Dark Side roaring in approval over Mara Jade's decision. He now had a very bad feeling about her involvement in this, but knew that he had no choice but to let her go for now.

To Be Continued...

Gemma and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Only you, [face_love] [face_love] !!!!!! could make me squee one moment [face_dancing] and say :eek: and :oops: the next. =D= [face_nail_biting]

RX_Sith likes this.
  6. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Ohh, another trial...cooool.

Two questions, though, and as Jade will attest, I do this ALL the time.

One--why does Luke feel the need to have 'trial'? He didn't go through one. He just kinda said, "Okay, I'm head of the Order." Seems kinda arrogant to make someone else do what you didn't have to. Why not just put it up to a vote? It worked for Jon Snow. Two--why just those three? I know, it's just a story, but shouldn't someone in the 'between' generation like Kyp be considered? He's been through just as much as Luke.

RX_Sith likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oooh, I do like the idea of Kyp being leader =P~ And [face_thinking] SiouxFan's question about the trial made me think of something. Would Luke's presence really muck up the performances, and if it does, then how worthy/ready are the candidates? And if it's the political types whose opinions/conclusions he's worried about, that seems slightly irrelevant. :rolleyes:

RX_Sith likes this.
  8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    SiouxFan

1. Luke did go through Yoda's trial which he failed miserably at, so he is just ensuring that the Jedi that are on this trial are ready to handle the responsibility of being the new leader. :)

2. It isn't just those three of Ben, Jacen, and Jacen; I also said other Jedi were along as well for the trial. Not knowing all of them, I did not list the rest of them yet. Any information on Kyp and the rest of the Jedi in this time period of around 30 years after the OT would be appreciated. :D

Jade_eyes

1. Luke doesn't want a repeat of what occurred to him when he had his trial with Yoda; which was when he saw the Dark Side part of himself; which he was able to resist; the others though may not. [face_mischief]

2. Again, not really knowing which Jedi are exactly around this period in Beyond, I am again asking for any assistance possible in having as many Jedi that should be there as possible, not just Ben, Jaina, Jacen, Kyp; so whoever else is around, please tell me so that I can have them there as well. [:D]

3. Luke is not really worried about any political factions necessarily; he's mainly worried about what the Dark Side of The Force will do to make this trial one where some Jedi may succumb to it. He has sensed it, so he knows that something is going to happen; to who or what I am not sure about yet. [face_worried] Don't worry, eventually he will relent and come to the rescue of those that will eventually need it; so in essence I am just delaying his involvement for now. [face_whistling]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    ^^Jade can probably help more than me, I'm not all that great at keeping track of who's around when. I just threw out Kyp because he's halfway-ish between Jaina, Jacen and Luke age-wise. I think Corran is younger than Luke as well, but I'm not really in the mood to go look it up.

Okay, so now you've gotten me worried about our intrepid band of 'testers'. I'll pay you a zillion credits for someone besides Jacen be lured by the Dark Side. ;)

Oh, and Jade, I figured you'd go for a GrandMaster Kyp!

RX_Sith and Nyota's Heart like this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I know, right? :* !!! I read strictly fanfics past NJO, but I belive Saba Sebatyne and Kyle and Kenth and Kam are around, and Jysella Horn. Wookiepedia probably has profiles :cool:

RX_Sith likes this.
  11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    SiouxFan

It won't be Jacen. [face_whistling]

Jade_eyes

Alright, I will look up the Jedi who also should be around and place them with the others. [:D]

12. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Interesting start.

RX_Sith likes this.
  13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Interesting start to a new timeline! I like the idea of Luke having a trial for his successor and that not just family was included.

=D=

RX_Sith likes this.
  14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Jade_eyes:

Thanks for suggesting Wookiepedia; now I've got more Jedi than I know what to do with them. :p

SiouxFan

Like I said, Jacen will not be the one who falls to the Dark Side since I don't think that they will have him be the one that does in this new trilogy. [face_praying]

ccp

Thanks for reading. :)

mavjade

Yes, of course all Jedi around this time that wanted to go are included in this trial, not just Luke's and Mara's along with Han's and Leia's. :cool:

Start of the Trials

"Listen," the wise Kyle Katarn told the illustrious Jedi present with him on the Jedi transport as they got ready to disembark to start the trials that laid ahead for them, "It doesn't necessarily matter who wins this trial as long as we all survive it and then it will be up to Master Luke Skywalker to decide which of us he wants to take over for him. Not being prejudiced to the situation, naturally you will all have to beat me to win."

"Didn't he just say that it didn't matter who won?" Jacen asked his sister Jaina who stood alongside of him.

"Hey, at least he's being honest," Jaina attested to the trials at hand, "I'd say the exact same thing to you or anyone else for that matter."

"Really?" Jacen stated as he pushed his sister slightly teasingly, "Last one back is a rotten egg," he tagged her as he leapt out of the transport and ran as fast as he could to get a head start on everyone.

"Jacen, come back!" Jaina pleaded to no avail, "Boy, is he reckless or what?"

"Go on, go after him if you want to," Kyle placed a warm and relaxing arm around her.

"No, he's on his own now," she told him truthfully, "In fact, all of our paths must be different from each other," she sensed through The Force.

"Yes, you are correct," Kyle was impressed with her assessment of the trials, "All of you, now go where The Force tells you. You have 96 hours and then we must go due to the limitations of the environmental suits that we are wearing."

The rest of the Jedi disbanded each in their own separate way; some more precariously and cautiously then others who were rambuctious like Jacen was. Kyle meanwhile waited by the transport as he relaxed in The Force to see where to go. Once he saw the visions of desperation and despair amongst some of the Jedi, he knew that some would not be coming back. It caused him to wonder just exactly what The Force was trying to tell him. Fight or flight reflexes were at the ready if needed, but instead Kyle felt a calming and soothing presence off to the North.

He walked slowly and purposely towards the rather close destination of the mountains in the distance. He saw a cavern where he knew was his destination for his particular trial. He calmed himself once again within The Force and proceeded inside of the surprisingly lit cavern. It has huge stalagmites and stalactites that he had to edge through as he zigged and zagged through the elaborate maze of rock. At the end, a clearing finally appeared. There were two tunnels; one to the left and one to the right. Kyle could feel the Light in the Right while the Darkside permeated the Left tunnel.

He questioned The Force's decision to take the easier path of the Light, but proceeded down the right tunnel nonetheless. The sounds of birds tweeting in the wind as they flew in grace all around him as he saw the glistening waterfalls coelescing soothingly at the base of a small crevice. He instinctlively walked into the water and could easily see all of the fish swimming around him as he walked closer to the crevice. He reached it and peered inside to see an area where vast treasures sparkled like new.

They had never been touched since being placed here. He walked in amazement at the vast size and quantity of treasure that was spread out lavishly within the crevice. He made sure not to touch anything though; knowing that this was his trail; the temptation of riches beyond even his imaginiation. He calmed himself once again within The Force and closed his eyes shut. After a minute, he opened his eyes again and all of the treasure had disappeared.

He realized that he had conquered this test. The crevice though was now dark instead of light, and no escape was present at the moment. Kyle merely again relaxed within The Force as he awaited the solution to the trap that he was now inside of.

To Be Continued...

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Kyle's vision of 'some not coming back' is particularly worrisome for what is supposed to be a simple test. Suddenly, I have Lord of the Flies in my head. This is where Luke's vision comes into play, isn't it?

RX_Sith and Jade_eyes like this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awesome update =D=

RX_Sith likes this.
  17. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Most interesting!
    I've always been pretty 'eh' about Kyle Katarn, but I really like how you've written him.

I look forward to more!

RX_Sith and Jade_eyes like this.
  18. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Great update

RX_Sith likes this.
  19. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I love the banter you have between Han and Leia & Mara and Luke. Is there more about the trials?

Nyota's Heart and RX_Sith like this.