main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Star Wars LCG 1st Monthly Tournament :: Feb. 8

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by kaine82, Jan 31, 2013.

1. kaine82

kaine82 Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2013
    Yes, thats right! There will be regular monthly Star Wars LCG Tournaments at BluegrassMagic GameShop the 2nd Friday of each month. We currently have 5 or 6 people who own cards and the number is growing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Prizes will go as follows:

1. First place will get there choice of store credit or the limited cards, plastic tokens, and box
    2. Second will get the option first doesn't choose
    3. Third will get 1/3 of the store credit available

Extended art cards will be handed out as participation prizes!

Note: If for some reason the league kit is not in we will split up the store credit.

Here are the details:

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

When:
    Friday, Feb. 8 at 7pm (we will wait if it takes you a little longer to get there just let us know)

Where:
    BluegrassMagic GameShop - google directions
    5629 Outer Loop,
    Louisville, KY 40219
    P: 502-964-1170

Cost:
    $5

Format:
    Constructed(anything released is legal)

RSPV:
    Card Board Gamers Monthly Star Wars Tournament

|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    That's great! Thanks so much for reaching out to us. I was in the store a couple of months ago (I get my comics around the corner at Comic Book World) to check it out and I was impressed with the set up. It's great there are more Star Wars fans out there we haven't met yet. I don't play any of the card games myself but several of us have played around with the Star Wars X-Wing miniatures game (which I also saw for sale in the store) so if you know of any organized group play in the area (even just pick up games) please let us know. Thanks again for the invite I may come out sometime to observe and talk about "The Wars" with some fellow fans.

3. kaine82

kaine82 Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2013
    I haven't played X-Wing, but think the miniatures look awesome!

There has been some talk about the game and I know a couple of guys tried to get it going. Petshop Comics has had a couple of X-Wing events I'm pretty sure.

Just a note too: There are no rares in this game, but there will be expansions released in the future. All expansions provide full playsets of the cards. Currently the only cards released are the core set which you can pick up for $40 at any local game store.

Hope you can make it out soon!

4. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Checking in on the BlueGrass Magic website/facebook it looks like they'll be hosting a Regional Tournament for the Star Wars card game on Saturday April 27. I have to work that weekend but it would be a good opportunity to meet some more area Star Wars fans.