main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Star Wars Memories Diary

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Dec 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey everyone! This thread was very popular back on a Yahoo club we used to have and so I decided to continue it here. In this thread me (as well as others) will share our most strange, best, and funniest Star Wars memories from the past.

I'll start:

Attack of the Ape Man

Walt Disney World: the most magical place on earth for a bright-eyed 6 year old. Well, it's still the most magical place on earth and I'm 11 years older. :p Anyway, I was on a family vacation with my parents and some of my parents' friends. Luckily for me, 'the friends' had kids that I got along with. But that's beside the point.

We started out our second day on Florida at the Disney MGM Studios. Now, this was not the most exciting park to a 6 year-old, but at least it beat the park with (cues scary music) "The Horribly-Frightening Haunted Mansion" (ends scary music). Don't ask...that ride totally freaked me out when I was little. And I was very happy when my parents decided to go to the Studios.

I was walking along the main walkway, holding my mom's hand and wearing my overly dorky Donald Duck hat, when I saw it. The biggest dog I ever saw in my life. Now, there was something strange about this dog...it was mechanical, had little things coming out of its chin, and it was wearing a red visor over its eyes. My little 6 year old mind was overwhelmed. I instantly begged my parents to check it out. But of course, the answer was, "That ride is too scary for you...plus, Star Wars is dumb." I didn't believe them until I saw something else. A giant, hairy ape man with a wierd thing slung across his shoulder that walkes out of a building. I took one look at this giant ape man and agreed with my dad. There is no way I'm going in a building occupied with a killer ape man. I would rather take the park with the (cues scary music) "Horribly-Frightening Haunted Mansion (ends scary music) over the killer ape man any day.

And from that day until sometime later, I thought Star Wars was "dumb" and that the scary ape man will kill me and haunt me in my dreams. Don't ask...Chewie scared my when I was little... :p

2. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    LOL!!!!! I never heard that one before...well, I think ;)

Give me some time to think of one

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Alrighty, Crazed. I'm waiting. ;)

4. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Ok...I'll call this one

The Hyper Messenger :p

A not so long time ago in a galaxy very near... One little boy (me ;) ) went to see The Empire Strikes Back, while his older cousin (Han) didn't...When the little boy got back, his cousin asked him to tell her about ESB...The little boy explained to his cousin, ambitious to hear the story, the bestest ( :p ) way he knew how to... "And then he did this, WANNOOOGGGG, then he did that! Then he fell down like this, them he did this WOODSH!!! Then clang-clang, then he fell out of a window!!" You can kinda imagine what the older cousin thought, "What's he on?" :p It was hillarious as I remember this, I was saying stuff like up above and jumping around like an idiot acting it out ;) Ah...you remember that, don't ya Han? ;)

5. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Heh...I remember that. You were jumping on and off the bed, swirling around on the desk chair, and jumping up and down on the floor. I had no clue what you were saying. But that was definitely priceless.

6. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I will be updating this thread soon... :)

7. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    no, no...let me do the honors :)

Forceful Threepio

I remember, the first time I saw ESB (in Hawaii, that's while I'll never forget it :)) I was 5-6....It was at the part where Luke was trying to use the Force to get his lightsaber...I actually though See-Threepio WAS IN THE MOUND OF SNOW, PUSHING THE LIGHTSABER!! When Luke finally got it, I thought Threepio threw it at him :p weird, huh? ;)

8. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Dang you!!! You beat me to it!:p

Anyway...I remember that story all too well. It's all you talk about! :p

9. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    That's because it's freaky!!!

(P.S. I like your new line on your sig :) like my new siggy? :D )

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    LOL!! That's great! I like the PT Paper People part! ;)

11. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    I bet you do :p I wonder why ;)

I can at least think of one thing for you to say as another memory, Han...You were recalling it last night...*cough* How you came to be scarely devoted Han fan (seriously, you should see how these pictures of Han decorate her room! :p )*
    ;)

12. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    *grin* Your right about that crazed. Han, is there anything (movies or the like) of Ford's that you don't have?

13. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    the only one I can think of off-hand is Frantic :p though Han will have to confirm it ;)

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Han, is there anything (movies or the like) of Ford's that you don't have?

Not too many. One that I don't have, like Crazed said, is Frantic. But, I get my paycheck on Monday, so I'll have more money to go out and buy some more. :p

And on to the story:

Insane Vader

Ok, this one goes back some ways and could be a little fuzzy. But, from what I remember of it...it was hillarious.

It was an ordinary Saturday afternoon in October and Crazed had come over to my house. Now, you must understand that Crazed came over every Saturday and "destroyed" my room with his "Force whirlwind." But this particular Sat, we were preparing our Halloween costumes for the upcoming holiday. I decided to go as Darth Vader and Crazed as a stormtrooper.

Anyway, we were sitting in the living room, putting some finishing touches on our "store bought" masks. I finished up mine and had to try it on. Well, as you know, no one can be Darth Vader without that flowing black cape and red lightsaber. So, I quickly ran back to my bedroom, stumbling over my dog twice along the way, and grabbed my cape and red "flashlight" lightsaber. I quickly tied the cape around my neck, choking myself only once, and ran back out to the living room, once again stumbling over the dog, and put on the mask. It was a perfect fit and Crazed thought it was great. So, after he finished up his, he put on his mask as well.

And of course, when someone puts on a Darth Vader and stormtrooper mask, you can't resist put play around a little bit. So, we ventured outside to "break-in" our costumes. I swung my flashlight around a few times, knocking Crazed over the head only once, before the built up energy inside me couldn't be kept in any longer. I turned toward the road and noticed a car turning onto it. In a few moments, it would pass in front of our house. So, with a deep sigh and deafening scream, I dashed toward the street, flashlight swinging wildly.

Crazed, left behind on the front porch, stood in shock for a few seconds before he too, took off in a mad rage. But, by the time he started running, it was too late. The Stormtrooper couldn't catch up to Darth Vader....for Vader was already running along the road, waiting for the car.

As the car approached, I took off at a dead run. So, there I was...running along side a car, dressed in a Darth Vader costume, waving my poor excuse for a lightsaber in the air, and screaming my head off. And to top it all off...the driver of the car beeped the horn at me before "riding into the sunset"

I don't think he ever saw the stormtrooper running up behind, doing the same... :p

15. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    LOL!! How come I never remember these things? ;) Well, I got another one :)

"Hey, watch it, Darth!"

Well...this was two or three Halloweens ago...Me and Han were at my house, getting ready to 'raid' the neighborhood. Han had accquired some face paint and a head thing for a Darth Maul costume, and had used it the day before (wasn't it?) in a halloween parade. Well, it was getting closer and closer to the time to go out, and she refused to put the face paint and head thing on, since it takes alot of work, it was nearly time to go, and she didn't feel like doing it. So, instead of going as Maul, she threw her costume together, and turned herself into Han, using the face paint to add a special touch to her face. I was Darth Vader, which is what this story is really about ;) I was using Han's Vader mask, red lightsaber and cape, which she used in the past story, but not the cardboard chestplate, since I kinda decided on being Vader on short notice :p So, there we were, Vader (with no chestplate and fake boots) and Han, walking down the street. Now, there was a 'Anakin' out there, so I turned around to look at him, and wouldn't you know that my lightsaber extended with the movment, hitting the kid's father (or someone). The next thing I heard was "Watch it, Darth!", as did Han. I hardly knew what I even did, though Han explained what happened in greater detail a few seconds later :p That's one thing I'll always remember, and never forget.

P.S. Remember what I said about Han added a special touch to her face with that Darth Maul face paint? Well, you'd think Han just ran into a punch You can find her gorgeous appearance here

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey!! What did I tell you about showing that picture? I look like a complete idiot! That costume was horrible!

And as long as we're on the topic of Halloween:

Belching Skywalker

This one takes place about a year after the one Crazed posted above. Except this time we had an extra friend with. I went as farmboy Luke that year and Crazed went as a Naboo pilot. And the friend went as "Leia." I say it that way because I'm not even sure you could call her Leia because she was wearing a '50s skirt. :p

Anyway, we went raiding around "Leia's neighborhood that year...and it was very interesting. Everytime we came to a door, "Leia" would ring the doorbell and then we would wait. As soon as me and Crazed saw the door start to open we would let out a loud burp so the residence of the home could hear us. We got a lot of strange looks with a combination of laughs and giggles. And then, of course there was "Leia." We had her sick by the end of the night! :p

17. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Yeah...I also seem to recall your regurgitation number after that :p

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ah yes...the regurgitation number. That definitely got "Leia" sick. I don't think she liked seeing chewed up Arbey's food swimming around in Coke. :p

Anyway...I should be updating this soon...I have to think of a good one ;)

19. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    LOL, yeah, she left the room...but every so often I called her back in to the kitchen to see you try to suck it up through a straw [face_plain]

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Heh...sucking it up through a straw...and don't forget I got in trouble for that too. After you were constantly calling "Leia" into the kitchen, she eventually got too freaked out and told our parents what we were doing. :p

21. Strouther

Strouther Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2003
    An Unforseen Advantage

A few months ago, my brother-in-law and I were messing around with a few of those toy lightsabers, you know - the ones with the extendable plastic blade. He was using Mace Windu's and I was using my nephew's super technological Obi Wan lightsaber, the one you have to enter a Jedi Code and it's got a chrome finish, and really cool sound effects. Well, we were doing the typical fight schtick, and I swiped him across his torso. He just stopped for a minute, with a dazed look of shock in his eyes, and I saw that he was bleeding in a line on his front, right where the lightsaber had sliced him. Long story short, there must have been a sharp piece of plastic or something else on the end, but it was still pretty freaky that it cut him.

22. Strouther

Mar 29, 2003
    Hmm, it double posted. Whoops.

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Whoa...he actually got cut by one of those plastic sabers? Oww...I hope he was okay.

24. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Ouch...that must've hurt

25. Strouther

Mar 29, 2003
    Yeah, it was hot so we weren't wearing shirts, and where the seam is at the tip there must have been a sharp piece of plastic. Didn't cut too deep, just enough to create a bloody little line. He didn't even care, we were just shocked and thought it was funny that I "killed" him more than we had expected *laughs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.