main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Star Wars Merchandise

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rabellaka, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    well, since the old thread is buried somewhere in the sands of time, and locked, I thought I'd start a new one.

So, I was at WalMart today, and I saw some Star Wars merchandise for Episode III. M&M's, which I almost bought just to keep around, since I don't like them, and a few board games. Star Wars Risk, which looks interesting, and Star Wars Monopoly (which I bought).

Now, I know Star Wars Monopoly came out about 7 or 8 years ago, since I have it from then, but this is a new one, Saga Edition, including all six movies, and it's a bit different. For one thing, there's no dark vs light side, so no team play. The houses and hotels are "Settlements" (from Tatooine) and "Cities" (from Coruscant). And the tokens are in action poses, including slave girl Leia, for those who are interested.... Although it DOES have a token of the Emperor with a lightsaber, for ROTJ.

2. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    It's sounding like I should just have my paycheques direct deposited to LFL for the next couple of months. ;) What with all the cool books and toys and other stuff they'll make available. lol

3. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    well, I've decided to actually get the rest of the New Jedi Order books... I just didn't realise there were so many of them! And since I can only find three of them here, that means I have a lot of books to buy now.... It looks like I should get a chapters card after all!

Plus, I'm sure Monopoly and Risk are not the only games that will be coming out. I'm hoping for either a new trivial pursuit or a "booster pack" with new questions about the prequel trilogy.

4. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    I won't be picking up many of the toys, But I definately am looking forward to all the books coming with the release of the movie! :D

Though technically I won't be able to read them until *after* I have seen the movie being spoiler free and such.

5. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    It's probably JUST me... but the prequal books are much tougher for me to get interest in... All the NJO stuff was Awsome!... but the prequal stuff with Yoda, younge Ben, Qui etc... it's so hard for me to get interested...

With that being said... I LOVED the books where there were no "main charater" references... Hard Contact, the Med series... those were gripping and read within days!... and they are prequal... so maybe it has something to do with the characters involved?... I don't know...

6. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    My favourite books were the ones by Timothy Zhan and Michael A. Stackpole, and I haven't read any of the prequel ones. I didn't really like the New Jedi Order ones, but I'm willing to give them a second try. I do like collecting the board games though.

7. RED-IIIII

RED-IIIII Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2005
    I just wanted to let everyone know that I got a Master Replica Force FX lightsaber for $130 at the Costco in London today. These sell in the U.S. for $120U.S. They are the same ones every one was carrying around at C3. Go to masterreplicas.com to check them out.

8. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I bought some Star Wars fabric at Walmart today... and I know what I'm going to do with it too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.