main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Miniatures: Official Discussion (Wish lists, team builds, general discussion)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by MercenaryAce, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    All great points mercenary and I personally would be content to just have wizards create one to add to the tiny Yuuzhan Vong faction.

2. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    I agree. I love to play Yuuzhan Vong, and I'm getting tired of it being the step-child faction of swm. And if you really want to look at the stats, they've had 1 unique since they were initially introduced in August of 06, which, to me, makes wotc the Shamed Ones.

Speaking of which, how about a Vua Raapong? Vergere? I would love to even see a Jacen, although I don't see that happening. (side note, if they finally came out with a Tahiri and made her Yuuzhan Vong faction, people would go nuts. That would be fun to see...) What the faction needs is a "Booming Voice" villip. That would help out immensely, although some better uniques would definitely help.

3. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    I think Booming Voice would be too powerful. I mean, you hate Thud Bug now, wait till all the warriors have Spit Poison 20, too. And Jedi Hunters with Cunning and Momentum? RUN AWAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!

4. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/Gen%20Con%202008/RogueRH.jpg]

That is freaking BRILLIANT, Jedi_Dajuan and hothie.

And Congratulations (even though I don't know you!)!!!

[image=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/ironlightsaber/Halloween%202008/028.jpg]

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Thank you on both counts :) We're very happy and excited!

6. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003

All fantastic ideas. Here's hoping we'll see something in the coming year.

And congrats to both of you!! I met you guys at GenCon on the last day this year, loved the costumes then and I love how you proposed in 'em. Congrats again!

7. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    I'm sure you guys have either seen the transcript or were there on the chat at swmgamers when sarah and rob answered questions. Well, from a personal standpoint... it looks like they have confirmed new yuuzhan vong figures for 2009-2010. This, of course... is fantastic news! [face_devil]

8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    I haven't! Do you have a link?
    Actually, for that matter, I am not sure where people got the information for the next sets from.

Thanks if you do!

9. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003

transcript

you will have to click 'show' in the spoiler text. there are 6 to look at. this was from last thursday.

10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Many thanks!

11. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    So what are you guys thinking about Clone Wars now that it's been out for a couple weeks. We've been seeing lots of clone and droid squads lately.

12. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    I've only managed to get the starter set. I'm hoping to get a few months to catch up with TFU, KotOR and Clone Wars before they release the next set. Please tell me I have a few months to catch up. [face_worried]

13. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    I am LOVING the Greivous droid swarms. I have yet to try out the new IG Lancer Droid from the CW Scenario Pack with Greivous, but I am looking forward to it!

14. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    I'm thinking GGDAC swarms will be the top squad at 150 for a while.

15. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    Stay tuned for an upcoming contest, sponsored by tfn, with prizes provided by Miniatures Market in St Louis. All will be revealed soon...

16. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    This sounds neat. Online mini's tourney?

17. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003

Of course I'll repeat the above question.... online?

And as far as Clone Wars goes. I love the set... the new 40 piece format makes it so much easier to collect. Buy one case you get all the rares and 4 of the 8 very rares. Played a 200pt match the other day with GGDAC and the lancer. Whew... the lancer is tough. A sure bet GGDAC squads will be the team to beat for a little while.

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    While that would rock and is something to think about for the future, not quite what we had in mind. I should have the details up tonight or tomorrow (hopefully tonight). I'll link here when it's up.

Disrupt can kill Droid squads, even with the lancer droid.

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
  20. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Posted and linked this over to my Fan Force boards. The Clone Wars set is really getting me back into this again.... :D

21. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Open to residents of Canada? In other words will mini's market ship to canada?

22. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    International residents are accepted. Shipping isn't free, but they do ship internationally.

Shipping is only free to the continental US for orders over $75. The contest is open to anyone world wide though :)

23. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Sweet. I'll have to think of a scenario and find time to write it up when I have some free time for writing and thinking.

24. jhc36

Mar 19, 2003
    This is a really cool idea guys.

25. Zedd

Zedd Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2007
    I have a couple questions:

1) There are one or two people in my Fan Force that are under 18 but want to participate. Is it OK if they create a scenario and give it to one of our adult members who either don't play Minis or don't have 3 ideas for scenarios to submit it for them?

2) Let's just say I create a scenario all by my self, and when I submit it, it is suspiciously similar to another scenario that either WOTC or some other fan created. Would that scenario or I be disqualified? Whatever the case, I guess I have another question: is there anywhere online that has a good compilation of a bunch of previously-created scenarios so that I can avoid doing the same thing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.