main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OT Risk boardgame

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Oudler, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oudler

Oudler Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2007
    I was looking for a thread on this new themed Risk game. I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be one. From the reviews on the boardgamegeek, it appears to be well executed. Does anyone here have this game?

2. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I am highly interested in this thing as well. Is it out around the world yet?

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    We had a SW Risk game that came out around RoTS time which I still occasionally see locally but I don't think it was this one. The cover on this looks different.

4. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Definitely. Hmm, I forgot to check this out when I was in the stores the other day. :oops:

I still have the Clone Wars edition of risk plus the 2210 A.D. one. In fact, I just played that Risk last weekend. I'm eager to get my hands on this new one at a reasonable price.

5. Admiral--Ackbar

Admiral--Ackbar Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2007
    I have the original trilogy Star Wars Risk but I lost the rulebook. I remember almost everything i just need to know how many planets and soldiers each faction gets at the beginning and how to divide the amount of soldiers you get with the amount of planets you have at the end of you turn.

6. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Alas, I do not have this game yet. So I can't help you in that regard at the moment. :(

Where did you pick it up, Ackbar? :)

How much was it, too?

7. JasperMereel_

JasperMereel_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2006
    I don't have this game yet. However, I do want this game as well.

8. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I just saw this on TFN and said "This is my Christmas present"

9. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    The ROTS version? I may have played it, if anyone's interested in hearing about it.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just read the thread title... :oops:

10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a heads-up if you're in the UK. My local Entertainer had the OT Risk game on sale for £10 today.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    HMV has had this since before Christmas. Was a presant from my girlfriend. Great game. Death Star doesn't fit very well, mind you.

12. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Is the Death Star like the moon in RISK 2210AD or is it something else?

13. YVH

YVH Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2007
    My dad promised my brother a week of surprises last week, and Friday's surprise was OT Risk. I wasn't too excited, due to there being only 8 or so planets in the OT. So, I opened up the board, not expecting much, and said: "MIMBAN FREAKING MIMBAN?!"

And there, indeed, was Circarpous V, and Da Soocha V, and Albra, and Bakura, and Byss, and Nar Shadaa (With Nal Hutta conspiciously absent), and Dathomir, and Kashyyyk (Which, while being in the films, wasn't in the OT), and Sluis Van, and Hapes, and all my favorite places.

I was most pleasantly surprised.

However, the game seems to greatly favor the Empire, and no matter how much I play with my brother, the Empire is always victorious on all fronts. I just keep crushing his pitifull rebellion. He's being a sore loser by throwing a temper tantrum upsatairs, right now.

I, however, did manage to win in one turn before his turn even happened when I played the Hutts. I did this by claiming 7 Resource planets (Out of ten needed for the Hutts to win, and 13 in all) with my 7 planet-claims. Just like how the first time I played, I claimed every planet in the Core for the Empire, since my bro (Who was busy claiming Dagobah, Hoth, Ord Mantell and other non-core planets) didn't know that that'd give me 7 more troops every turn.

The Death Star protects the planet it's on from being attacked, unless the attacker rolls an 18 (3 6s, usually) on his die, in which case the Death Star is destroyed, although it can be rebuilt with a special card. There are three cards in the Empire deck labeled "Fire the Death Star", with one specifying the Core and Outer Rim, one specifying the Elrood Sector and Ison Corridor, and one specifying the Mid Rim and Wild Space. e.g., If I don't have a Fire the Death Star card, the Death Star's only purpose is to protect planets from attack. If I have a Fire the Death Star card, and the Death Star is in Wild Space, and the card specifies Core and Outer Rim, I can't fire the Death Star, although near the end of my turn I can roll a 6-sided die and move the Death Star the number of planets on the die. If I get a 5, and I move the Death Star 1-5 spaces, and I'm on Balmorra, I can use my card, destroy Balmorra, and replace it with an asteroid field token. No troops can move through that area without a special card.

Cards, ships, and the Force-meter can affect the die rolls, so if the Force-meter is fully on the light side, and I've got a Y-Wing, and a card that says I can add 1 to the dice for the entire invasion, I could get all 1s and still destroy the Death Star (Force-meter: +3 to Death Star Assault if the Force-meter is fully on the light-side; Y-Wing adds 1 to the dice, +1; Card, +1; 1 for the dice would make 6)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.