main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OT Screening showing at Trillians, Newcastle, Sun 12.11.06

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by edgejedi88, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Suzijedi just txt me to say that she has seen Trillans are showing the Star Wars Trilogy (I assume the Original Trilogy) on Sunday 12 Nov, kicking off at 2pm. I really dont know anymore than that right now and it may be a good idea to call the venue before if you intend to go.

Trillians located is at Princess Square in Newcastle, Phone 0191 2321619

Have fun anyone that is going....! (sadly not me - other plans...)

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    This is a nice find, although I'm not sure whether or not I'd come up for it or not. Especially if the marathon goes ahead just a couple of weeks before it. How does everyone else feel?

3. Eddie

Eddie Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2001
    If it was all 6 I'd be up for it as I've yet to watch them all in one day, but if it's just the OT then I've done that dozens of times!

4. suzijedi

suzijedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    Spike: have you got the date wrong or am I missing something?....the 12th is next Sunday......

5. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    :oops:

I'm an idiot. I thought it said 12.12.06.

6. Grand_General_Heath

Grand_General_Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2006
    Trillians That rings a bell !

Wait a minute aint that the pub we went to after the HMV event ?

7. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Yes Dave, it was.

8. Grand_General_Heath

Grand_General_Heath Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 29, 2006
    Hirrmmm sounds good ![face_peace]

9. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Oops - I forgot to post the link to their website...not that it seems to be advertised on it, but anyway....

http://www.trilliansrockbar.com/

10. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Ive just been to Trillians and had a chat with the guy there who knew more about the Star Wars screening....its billed as a 'film club' type thing (I think to get round any probs, running it as 'club event' rather than 'public screening') ran on a large projection screen. Sounds great actually!

If I can pack the parents off early on, prob mid afternoon on Sunday, does anyone fancy joining me - even in costume? He said it would like finsih around 8pm ish. Its the OT that they are showing.

Star Wars - beer - rock - costume - any takers? [face_skull]

11. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I might be up for it:)

12. nlindenj

nlindenj Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 5, 2006
    this could be tricky[face_worried] family plans on the sunday (all bl00dy day) i have been trying to get out of it but i can't

13. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    I'd be up for it.
    For people that come in cars, parking is £1 for most places on Sunday and in some car parks it's free after 6pm.

14. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    I think my lot will be heading off by about 3/4 latest (they dont drive in the dark...), so I should get there at least for middle of Empire or beginning of ROTJ....pah - why couldnt George have made the Ewoks first so I could turn up for the best movie (ANH)... :-(

15. Disciple-of-Tython

Disciple-of-Tython Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I would love to come but its my sisters 3rd Birthday so i will be going to that :)

Its at a farm called Whitehouse Farm. Sadly there will be about 20 screaming and hyper kids so no peace for me on Sunday :(

16. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    'fraid I'll have to give this one a miss, guys. Have a practise Event Proposal to hand in early Monday morning.

17. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    OK, so is anyone able to make this...?
    Edge- at the mo, it looks like it'd be just us, so I'll leave it up to you if you want to go. If you want to come over, then I'll go along- but I don't mind either way.

18. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Im still happy to definately go...but like I said - would get there for around 3-4pm.

If its just us two then I will prob just go in civvies.

Lets call it definate and I will give you a call if there are any probs my side....just need to eject the parents swiftly...which should be fine.

19. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    OK Jase, as long as you're happy to come over, then that's fine. I may be ultra geeky and go for the start of Ep IV, so I'll keep my phone handy in case you ring.

20. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    I got to see half of ESB and all of ROTJ in the end....shame it wasnt the other way round....what with Hayden appearing at the end and the Ewoks, that made ROTJ the worst part of the OT for me.....

Just WAY too much Yub Yubbing for me....:mad:

Great venue though - monster munch, drink and 2 x projector size screens and TVs playing the movie simultaneously. =D=

Hope they do it again soon - but at least we have Spike Towers to look forward to anyway.

21. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Aye. Spike Towers should be some good fun. You guys will have to send me a shopping list so I know what munchies to get you.

22. suzijedi

Jul 8, 2006
    Jase- shame you didn't stay on for the pub quiz afterwards- the first round was on Star Wars (that was 10 out of 10 for my team, then!!) :-B
    However, another team got full marks, which meant a tie breaker- the question was: Who was orginally going to be the voice of Darth Vader? Luckily, myself and the other guy didn't know the answer.....I know now though!

Thanks again for coming over Jase- it's good to know I can make a half SW marathon, so I think I'll be OK for the full whack in a couple of weeks!

Looking forward to the marathon, Spike. Don't worry about munchies, I'll bring stuff over (it's the least I can do since you'll be letting us into your home for the best part of a day!!)

23. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Well, thanks suzi, but there's no way you're stopping me picking up that phone and ordering in pizzas :p

24. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    NOW YOU ARE TALKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get em ordered!!! [face_peace]

25. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    I will on the night, obviously, once I know what everyone wants. There's a nice pizza shop I know that do 16" for a pretty good price, if people are willing to share.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.