main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Parody

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by DarthIshtar, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Desert Star Theater is doing a parody musical dinner theater called "Episode One Thousand...Something." It is absolutely hilarious. Everything from the misguided Trekkie to the Obidala to Vader skipping around the stage is priceless.

You can find info on this show here

2. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    teehee. Yes, heard of this show I have. To see it I am planning... *giggles some more and then runs away*

3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Well, hey - would anyone be interested in going to this for the February activity??? It looks like it would be a riot!! :D

4. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    I would.

5. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    oh oh oh!!! Pick me!!! I would love to go see this play!! *giggles some more*

*stabs the OPPM*
    *mumbles*ihatethisthing*mumbles*

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Get the barbecue chicken pizza. It rox.

7. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Marold, what'dya say? Can we make this the February activity? :D

8. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I would love to see the show. The only problem with having activites that involve money I get alot of angry PM's from people saying they can't make it to events because of money and they don't want to be left out yet they are because of being asked to do something that costs a bit of money.

If a group of people want to get together to see it you can post it here. But I don't feel that I could in good conscience be able to make it an official activity.

9. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Aw, that sucks. Well... okay, we'll just call it a "group activity" then - much like we do on the PFF boards (cuz, yeah, we've dealt with that same problem down there).

So, I'm assuming a weekend would be good for most people. Which weekend?

People who want to go:

me (kreleia)
    Ondiv
    Jedi Noghri
    Marold
    Darth Ishtar??? - you want to drive up from Provo, or were you just posting this to let us know? :)

Who else!? C'mon folks, $14 gets you a seat and in the door, munchies are optional, and I can pick up anyone that needs a ride (love my car and its great gas mileage - yes). If we want to swing the Saturday matinee, admission is $12.

WOOHOO!!

10. SovereignKnight

SovereignKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 2001
    Say... that's quite the run-on sentence there. Cool. :p

I'd be interested in seeing this as well.

11. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    My biggest pet peeve on online message boards...

Count me in! My Saturdays are pretty open, with the exception of Feb 18th. :D

12. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Count me in. :cool:

13. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I don't care about run on sentences. If I did I'd probably spend most of my short online time rewritting everything I've written.

I know Shadow Wolf wouldn't mind seeing it.

I'd shoot for a Matinee cause that could give us time afterwards to talk about it and laugh or something.

14. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I wouldn't mind checking it out. What Saturday is being considered? If it's this coming Saturday, I don't know if I'll be able to make it.

15. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    I'd like to go, but since I don't get off work until 1:30 I could never make a noon show. Is the 3 pm still considered a matinee?

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Last time I checked, the non-matinee ones were the 7:00 and 9:30s. We went to the 7:00 one. Be warned that there's a kinda post-show cabaret that everyone seems to stay for.

17. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    *hip bumps the thread back to the top*

OKAY!! It's soon going to be March! This play ends March 25th and I vowed to see it before it left. I just got off the phone with the Desert Star and we would need a group of 20 to qualify for the group discount.

The current shows that are sold out are:
    Mar 3 @ 7pm
    Mar 11 @ 7 pm

The guy I spoke with said that the weekend 7pm shows ALWAYS sell out quickly so we will need to jump on this. I'm going to toss out a couple of dates and let's see what works well for everyone:

Sat, 11th @ 3pm
    Fri, 17th @ 7pm
    Fri, 24th @7pm
    Sat, 25th @ 3pm

We all have freaky weird schedules so I know that it will be hard to get a time that works well for everyone. I like the Sat @ 3pm time because then Amber_Eyes should be able to come, also Derek is in town on the weekends, as is Nic (right you two travelers?). So with that in mind I'd say let's shoot for a Saturday 3pm showing.

Ticket prices are $12.

I'm going to give everyone the weekend to respond; I can call the theatre and set up a group name so that when you buy your ticket you would say, "I'm with SLCFF" and they can sit us all together.

This sound good for everybody?

18. saberwielder76

Jan 13, 2001
    Works for me.

Saturday, March 11 at 3:00

19. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Saturday, March 11 at 3:00 works for me too.

20. Shadow_Wolf_3882

Shadow_Wolf_3882 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2004
    I'd love to, but there's the whole issue of me packing and cleaning my apartment so I can, unfortunately, leave here and move back to Minnesota. Unless something happens between now and then, I doubt I'd be able to go.

21. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    oh sad Brandon!! :( :(

22. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    This stinks, I really wanted to go. I'm booked for the Saturdays in March. :_|

23. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    I talked to frio_carr aka Derek tonight. He said he is good with Saturday the 11th @ 3pm.

24. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    ooookaayy...I talked to Nic as well and he says that Sat March 11th at 3pm works for him as well.

Let's shoot for that. I'm going to call the theatre tomorrow to buy my ticket. I'll put the group name as "Salt Lake City Fan Force" so when you call to get your ticket mention you are with that group and they will seat us all together.

I'm really really excited!! This is going to be a lot of fun!!

25. saberwielder76

Jan 13, 2001
    I'm gonna have to wait until tomorrow or Wed to get my ticket. Payday and all that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.