main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Radio?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by cdgodin, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Didn't know where else to ask this, so I'll ask it here. I got a new car yesterday (!!!), and when I was browsing the brand new XM radio that came with it, I noticed Star Wars Radio, on station one forty-something. So, what kind of stuff plays on that station? Does anyone know? Thanks.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    It was on Channel 146, and it's a temporary channel, probably over by now. They were re-broadcasting Celebration 5 from August 2010; they said they were doing it as a feature for Thanksgiving weekend and to get people ready for Celebration 6 next summer. I listened to it live when C-5 was happening and I listened to the re-broadcast last weekend; some pretty good stuff, including a funny interview with Mark Hamill.

Sadly though, "Star Wars Radio" is not something that is broadcast on satellite all the time. That being said, I still find satellite well worth the money, as terrestrial radio in my area sucks.

3. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Huh, sad that it's over, I guess. Wish it was a longer-running thing, with podcasts from different websites on it and original interviews. Oh well, hope it's back again for CVI. Thanks.

4. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I actually didn't even know such a thing existed. :p

5. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    And here I was hoping this would be a thread about the Radio Drama.

Oh well.

6. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    Me too never heard it in years. Thats my day sorted gonna get up in the loft and find the cassettes

7. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Good morning everybody, you're listing to star wars FM and this is Luke Skywalker bringing you all the best tunes from the depths of Mos Eisley.
    Coming up in todays show, old ben kenobi will be joining us to talk about whether his lightsaber ignites as fast as it used to...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.