main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Star Wars references on TV

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by orangerful, Jan 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    3 Star Was references this last weekend

First on the "Hughleys" (I "Tevoed" on Tuesday) Milsap and Darryl attend their 20th high-school reunion, where Milsap (John Hilton from Living Single))and Darryl attend their 20th high-school reunion, where Milsap learns that he became a father after the 15th reunion. Then the mother drops the child off and disappears. When the child throws a tantrum the Hughley oldest son says to his sister

"The Force is strong with this one"

Second on "King of the Hill" Dale "discovers" He is not the Father of his son Joseph and starts to pander to his every need. He does this so his "real" father , "The Aliens" would not kill him when they return to earth. When Bobby Hill asks Joseph why his friends dad is acting this way Joseph says

"He only doing this so my real dad doesn't freeze him in Carbonite and sell him for spice"

Cartoon Network is showing episodes of the Cartoon "Clerks" in the one that came on Sunday night the introduce a "token" guy named "Lando"

Tak

2. Takwolf

May 9, 2002
    Drew Carry Show tonight
    Drew and friends drive to New York City to see the Indians play the Yankees. While in a traffic jam they run into Donald Trump who tells him hes going to the Star Wars Trilogy and they can have his Skybox at Yankee Stadium for the nights game.

3. Takwolf

May 9, 2002
    Did anyone see Yoda?s acceptance speech at the MTV Movie Awards last night?

Tak

4. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, it was funny.

5. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    I finally saw Yoda's speech the other day, just random good timing while flipping through lame summer TV. Cracked me up! George Lucas was actually there too! Very cool.

Caught a SW reference on my TV. And I say on MY TV because I was playing the Buffy the Vampire Slayer video game, and she has to squirt holy water on some ghosts to make them go away and she says

"A liberal application of holy water should get rid of those pesky Phantom Menaces!"

:)

6. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I was watching the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon this morning. They were transported to another planet. They went in a bar looking for people to get them back home. One of the turtles said they found someone who could help. It was a purple-faced Han Solo looking character and a purple Chewbacca looking character. The Chewie character growled. And then another turtle said they could find someone better.

7. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Tuesday night on That 70's show, Eric told Donna that at Madison College they had a course focusing on the Jedi Reglion. I don't remember the exact words, but he was planing on taking it.

8. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I caught that too.

9. Takwolf

May 9, 2002
    Undergrads.com

nuff said....

This is a cartoon that comes on Comedy Central late at night.
    Has anyone seen it? I thought it was alsome.

Tak

10. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I've seen parts of it. It was a while ago. But I remember thinking it was funny.

11. Darth_Blow

Darth_Blow Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2002
    Last night's episode of "The Simpsons" was pretty heavily laden with references to the Star Wars prequels and George Lucas. There's a good bit of info up on the TFN frontpage referring to it. Funny stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.