main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Star Wars RPG

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I want to roll sense motive,

12 + 3 = 15

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Moka, please don't spam.

3. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    "You saw no spam, heard no spam, read no spam." =Waves hand=

Roll Affect Mind
    17 + 4 (int mod) + 5 ranks = 26

4. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    You sense I am going to stab you in the eye with a soldering iron unless you cut this out.

5. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I want to call upon the dark side of the force to pull the soldering iron from your hand.

Force Point Roll: 3d6=12

Move Object Roll: 13 + 4 (int mod) + 3 ranks + 12 force point = 32

6. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    /ignoreMoka

7. Moka

Moka Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    /unignoremoka
    /payattentiontomoka
    /luvmoka

8. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    no but seriously....back in corellia....where that frickin sweet wookiee with muscles the size of sand crawlers....

p.s. i hate the one post per minute rule.....make me a mod or somethin.

9. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002

Zed replies, "Information guy, huh? Well, take a look at this thing, if you know what it is, I got some credits for you, Mr. All Natural." He motions you to the box.

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    OOG: thanks :)

"I can't do that. I was drawn to it, I must understand why. Petra... she sought the dark power that destroyed her. That case represents the trust that the Jedi placed in Kryll and I. That is an important thing to me. The Jedi Masters chose not to destroy it, whatever is inside. There must have been a reason."

11. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Flizz will take a closer look at the item.

What exactly do I see and should I roll something here?

12. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    You see (btw, this deescription is accurate, forget any prior descriptions, if any) a large, round obeject, actually a geometrical shape with many sides. Like a 20 sider, except possible 50 sides. There are blinking lights on different facets, and some facets are glowing, bathing you in an eerie light. There is a low, barely audible hum coming from the item.

Roll whatever you want to, Knowledge: Technology, or Int check, or Appraise, or whatever you have that might give you a shot. Roll several categories, if you want, as you rack your brain as you look at this.

13. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Int roll - 15+1= 16
    Appraise roll - 11+1= 12
    Knowledge: Streetwise - 10+5= 15
    Knowledge: Security Systems - 19+5= 24
    Search - 4+8= 12
    Spot - 9+8= 17
    Gather Information - 16+11= 27
    Tumble - 13+7= 20
    Bluff - 15+11= 26

If all checks fail, with this last roll Flizz says, "Of course, now I remember where I've seen that before. A Hutt I once was unfortunate to know...wait, perhaps that will require an upfront fee."

14. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    +50 xp, you all natural tumbler

This, Flizz, looks to you like it is some sort of power conditioner or generator or both. If this thing generated or emitted some sort of energy field, like a tractor beam, it wouldn't surprise you. But not a tractor beam, you are pretty sure. It seems to be designed to not be a 'stand alone' item, but rather, to work in conjuction with other components... even though it clearly has some built in power source, you spot large, external power connection ports.

It occurs to you that it might be a bomb or weapon of some sort, but you are just not sure. The polyhedron shaped device is about 3 feet across.

You have never seen something like this before, but your gut tells you that this could be junk, or very very very expensive. Based on what you have witnessed so far, you are thinking the latter.

OOG: Flizz does not utter anything as he looks at the item. Flizz, if you want to say that last line you typed, go ahead.

15. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    OOG: Flizz does not state the above. Rather he states the following: "What junk dealer conned you into buying this? Actually it looks like it could explode at any second. Perhaps you should take better care of how you handle it. You got the thing that plugs in here?"

16. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Zed replies, "Wh-wha... hold on- you know what this thing is? What is it?"

17. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    "So is that a no then? You didn't get the full set I take it. Its ok everyone gets conned once in a while. So how exactly did you get your hands on one of these?"

18. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Zed replies "Full set? Hold on right there, tell me what you think this is. I know exactly what I was looking for, and this is it. You think you know what it is? Spit it out."

19. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    "Alright, look. I don't want to waste any more of your time so if you want me to take it and get it analyzed to make sure it's not a fake, I'll do it as a personal favor to you." Flizz then reaches out his hands like he's waiting for Zed to give it to him.

20. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Sense motive on the Dashade or whatever species he is...

Roll 1d20 - 2
    14-2 = 12

I'm just trying to get a read on him...detect any sense of falsehood in him going to take it to be "analyzed" to make sure it's real.

21. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Flizz roll bluff

22. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    Bluff - 11+11= 22

23. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Jank, you think he is serious about it, but giving up this thing to an almost total stranger seems nuts to you. Nuttier still, from the look on his face, Zed seems to be considering Flizz's offer!

24. Axia_Doneeta

Axia_Doneeta Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    Axia: Axia narrows her left eye as her right eyebrow arches slightly. "The Jedi Masters thought it was important? The same Jedi Masters that were wiped out...by two people. I saw thats another good reason to abandon it. Your reasoning of Petra being drawn to this place only to have it be her end is another. If you were drawn to this..." Axia holds up the case. "and I felt the Dark side thats another good reason to leave it behind, if not just outright destroy it."

25. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Axia: "It was my understanding that you were the one drawn to this place, so you could discover the truth about your family. Petra simply accompanied you, and then stole the amulet.

The Jedi Masters of old still hold a place in my heart. Do not discount their ways or their wisdom. After all, I am one of them. As was your Master, before her end.

I appreciate your concerns, but I will be taking this case with me."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.