main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Star Wars Spotting

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Buzz-Bumble, Aug 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Winter-

-Winter- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Mum spotted "Jar Jar's Mistake" when we were at the Remuera library today. 8-}

Which reminds me I still haven't read JQ4 yet [face_shocked].

2. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
    Another SW spotting at uni. This time it's a small ad for the Canoe Club:

Join, you must.
    Says Yoda a long, long time ago.

:D

3. purplebabbit

purplebabbit Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2002
    Did anyone else happen to see '20th Century Fox: The blockbuster years' Friday 11pm on TV3? It had a segment on Star Wars, with a clip of behind the scenes of ANH with Mark and Harrison, plus others.

*adds to vhs of SW tv stuff* :)

4. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    Was watching SPACE last night.

There was a skit they ran with a guy in a horse costume - had a SW Pillow Case.

Then they were doing something else and in the background they had a life size chewie standee

:D

Nice.

5. -Winter-

Mar 12, 2002
    SW reference on Simpsons last night, though it wasn't a very "nice" one. 8-} Lenny and Carl were fighting with the green plutonium tubes like they were lightsabers:

Lenny: "I say The Phantom Menace sucked more!"
    Carl says: "I say Attack of the Clones sucked more!"

6. Norrad_Roff

Norrad_Roff Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2001
    One of my lecturers likes to write stuff on the whiteboard and say "Mmmm, yes, teach you I will."

Funny for the first couple of times, then gets a bit tedious.

7. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    ok, I'm probably going to cop some flack for this, and probably JP will tell the parents, but tough - it's a goodun - or terrible one depending on how you look at it. I thought it was dodgy/weird/wrong.

Ok, so last night/this morning (Wed 28 May) an American Friend of mine here at university has a 21st B/day thing. A whole bunch of yanky's and myself (as I've met a HEAP of good friends that a foriegn this year) and a few others went to a Mexican place for tea (cnr of your RD graal and the one your side of the square). Anyway - dinner there was great - then we walked to the Dux de Lux. (my last trip here was messy - right guys? :p) Anyway - I'm driver so that was ok. Anyway it got to 11pm ish and the bar closed at the Dux - it is a Wed night remember. So a couple of Matt's friends (21st guy) wanted to take him to a strip club. I'm driving Matt - so was forced to go. My tough luck huh? :p Anyway. Some came with us and others went back to uni. Those that left missed out - but that's another story.

When we got to said strip club - there was a big ol' Jar Jar behind the main stage alone side a couple of knights' armour. Just like Chansplace's Jar Jar for those who have seen the monstrousity! Now What The Hell is a Jar Jar like THAT doing there?

lol!!!

Best SW spotting I've done... ever.

:p ;) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.