main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Star Wars Strike Force - Anyone like bowling?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by RogueSquadronWingnut, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    How the heck did I shoot that? lol
    :)

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Great job! You're now on the board. =D= What's your team name btw?

Now I know what I have to beat. ;)

~Doc_Bev

3. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    This week we were Dazed & Confused in honor of my theatrics on Friday. :)

4. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I am horrible at this I keep forgetting to send in our scores. Is it too late? LOL O:)

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Nope, it's not too late.
    You can PM me each week's high score-ers so far and if you're higher than those already posted I can just update the info.

~Doc_Bev

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Sorry Wingnut, I guess I just couldn't give up my high score-er status yet. I bowled a 144 for my last game today. I wasn't sure I was going to make past your 135 since my first two games were 88 and 107. I blame those on the fact that I had my contacts in and my eyes were still dialated from my eye appointment this morning. :p

~Doc_Bev

7. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    One day...I will be King of the Rochester Fanforce Bowling Mountain. [face_laugh]
    One Day.....:)

8. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Ok I talked to Norma at Olympic & she's going to arrange to set us up in the back section (where lanes 1 thru 10 are ) so we'll be a bit more private. I also arranged for the (extreem bowling features to be turned on) The Neon lights the music I thought it would be cool to have that with all of us in costume.

The only thing we'll have to deal with is the kid factor. which hey it's halloween, kids are what it's all about right. So, we'll need some help from the non bowlers so that those of us are bowling won't get too distracted.
    So I hope you all can join us at 5:00 for some costume fun & don;t forget your lightsabers.

They have a snack bar, a wet bar, & a lounge with football on the big screen , oh yea & lots of Open bowling for those of you who want to join in on the fun.

Hope to see you there! Nicky don't forget to bring the camera.

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I'll try to remember the camera.
    It'll probably be just me coming as I don't think Connor'll do well with the lights and music.

~Doc_Bev

10. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Gang; If anyone has room for another Jedi in your car, it would be of great benefit to me, as I could use a ride to bowling again today...

11. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Well, that was a bust, sorry that thing didn't work out better

12. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    [face_dancing] Congrats to Nicki on the BIG 175 game!

13. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    That's OK T - it definitely looked cool it's just too bad the bowling alley doesn't know how to adjust for the lighting with its auto scoring system.

Thank you Wingnut!
    It's almost too bad we weren't on a sanctioned league because I probably would have gotten a new patch or a new towel or something for bowling 61 pins over my average. Now if I could just be more consistent... ;)

~Doc_Bev

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Uploaded the pics from the Halloween bowling.

For bowling on the 20th do we think we'll get done in time to make it to the event at TRU by 7pm?

Also I'm not sure if I'm going to make bowling on the 13th as Astronomicon will still be shutting down at 5pm and I'm sure I'll have a lot of clean-up to do.

~Doc_Bev

15. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Ya got a point about the 20th...we've been cutting it close to 6:30-7ish and that doesnt give a lot of room for costuming. Unless you want to bowl in costume again. That was just too cool to watch.

16. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    As usual, a ride to/from bowling today woulfd be appreciated, if anyone happens to be heading that way. I can actually provide gas money today, too! And Wingnut, if you wanna be the Man, I've got that Motti for ya... didya get Thundertank back yet?

17. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    So what do folks think about having the meeting at MCH at 11am then go bowling afterwards? Then we don't have to worry about rushing through bowling to get to the TRU event on time. I guess there's a Tranquility event that afternoon, so that might mix things up a bit more.

~Doc_Bev

18. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Actually That might not be a bad Idea, Meeting , Bowling, & then for the Tranq members Coupon Cutting, It would make us a bit late for Coupon cutting but could then stay longer, before us cross members would have to leave to change for the TRU event.

19. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Sounds like a good idea - perhaps we could grab lunch between the Rebellion meeting and bowling at BK on Mt. Hope and pick up the new toys and watches? ;)

20. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Lunch would be a good idea. I'd prefer BK over the bowling alley food.

I guess it also depends on the time for the Tranquility event (and the location). Although, personally I have 3 grocery bags of coupons sitting on my kitchen table for me to do before I'll have time to come to a coupon clipping party. And I can't work on those until I get the two plus weeks of other chores caught up. But that's sort of getting off topic I guess...

~Doc_Bev

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    OK bowlers I think we need to agree on a time for bowling so that we can let Matt know. And probably the lanes too...

Here's what I'm thinking Sunday looks like so far:

* We have the meeting at 11am. Which should only last about an hour I'd guess.

* Then lunch at either the Mt. Hope or Scottsville Rd. Burger King at 12:30pm. Probably only a 1/2 hour for that.

* So we'd meet for bowling no later than 1:30pm? Probably a little earlier depending on travel time?

I still don't know what time the Tranquility event is, but I don't think I'm not going to be able to make that given all the housework still backlogged.

* And then we all meet up at Henrietta TRU at 7pm.

Does this work for everyone?

~Doc_Bev

22. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Lets do Mt Hope so we can get some Star Wars toys. :)
    I'll call Matt with whatever we decide.

23. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Can't you get toys at the BK near the bowling alley?
    But in any case, I was thinking Mt. Hope might be better for people not going to bowling, they could still join in on the lunch without going out of their way.

My high score from Sunday just got bumped off the board by only 5 pins from Rox on one of Pittsburgh's teams. :( But it is nice to see other chapters participating!

~Doc_Bev

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Uhgh... [face_tired]
    I'm so sleepy I don't know how well I'm going to do at bowling tonight.

~Doc_Bev

25. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I knew I was going to do badly at bowling, but I didn't think it would be that bad. :( My high score for the night was 116 - couldn't even reach my average.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.