main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Trivia World Championship

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by kevinliell, Jul 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    This will be fun. I love embarrassing myself!

2. kevinliell

kevinliell Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2009
    Well it looks like the timing for the Star Wars Trivia World Championship is great because it doesn't conflict with any of the major events at CV. So I expect to see all 34,000 of you there.

3. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Whats the story with the patches? How do we get one?

4. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I just wonder what the questions will be like. I would think they would make it accessible to everyone, while still providing a challenge for hardcore fans. That's a tough thing to do.

5. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    There will be some tough questions I can promise that. ;)

I will be helping with the contest and have been hard at work to assist with some good questions.

6. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm just playing for fun; I don't want to win. I just hope there are some questions that I can answer for the sake of fun.

7. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    That would certainly go against several safety regulations.:p

8. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Just heard a little bit about this on the Forcecast, going to give it a shot.

9. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    so is each round just one "last ewok standing" format to narrow down to three finalists which narrow down to one? or are there multiple "last ewok standing" rounds.... find a winner from the first round, then find a winner from the second round, with all the winners getting to advance to some super bonus round?

10. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    On the Facebook page Kevin said something along the lines of the initial questions having two possible answers, so those who answer A stand to one side of the room, those who answer B the other side, and people are eliminated that way until the group is narrowed down.

11. kevinliell

Jun 28, 2009
    8 days 'til the awesome awesomeness begins.

12. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    Here is what the awesome patch that Kevin designed...some very lucky fans will go home with one.

[​IMG]

Sorry but cant get it to post the pic instead of the link. :mad:

13. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    Based on the questions in the 'facebook' thing, this isn't for the casual fan. If you are just wanting to play for fun, I would avoid this.

14. kevinliell

Jun 28, 2009
    The Contest will begin with easier questions, which will get progressively harder. I would say anyone willing to travel farther than Georgia to Celebration V, will be a big enough Star Wars fan to do well. That being said, if you don't know what a Wampa is or if you think Jawas are little Jedi with cool eye-ware, the contest may not be for you.

One week until the Awesome Awesomeness begins.

15. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    I think your advice on avoiding this is completely wrong and prejudicial.

You should know most questions are multiple choice and the questions will get harder but mostly multiple choice until the last few players then it is generally write down your answers.

This has been alot of fun at other cons and we have had lots of good feedback at previous cons.

There are going to be great prizes each round and free patches given out to lucky players.

Who doesn't love trivia.. especially when it is Star Wars???

16. Zepherous

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm sorry if I offended you guys. It was just my opinion. Whoever wins this thing really deserves it.

17. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    Down Beanie, down

18. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008

No offense taken. Just don't want you to scare people away from what will be fun.

Just want to make sure everyone understands that this is for all Star Wars fans.

You don't have to be hardcore fan and memorize every aspect of the Star Wars Universe...but it couldn't hurt ;)

19. clonetrooper10

clonetrooper10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2010
    I'm doing it, I know more than the average person. But I don't know everything and probably won't win it. But hey, its all for fun and if I can score a patch for me trying, thats cool by me. And I'll be one happy fan at that. [face_praying]
    On the other note, who cares if you are not some Star Wars genius, its all for fun.:-B And there is no shame in trying, especially when you are having fun.[face_dancing] So I don't care if someone laughs at me for not knowing something, I'm there to have fun, relax, and party down like its an ewok victory.8-}

20. KingTomatoXIII

KingTomatoXIII Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2010
    I concur! I'll probably participate and lose, but you know what? How many people can say they participated in the First Star Wars Trivia World Championship, just the title sounds illustrious! :p Besides, fun is what matters!

21. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    Glad you both will be going. It will be fun it's at the end of the day winding down from day one of CV the perfect end to the first day.

22. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    Looking forward to at least trying! :)

I'm horrible at prequel stuff and ROTJ (because I refuse to believe Ewoks can defeat Imperial troops, etc (best not to say more, I get a bit worked up, haha!).

Not good at EU either, but hey, it'll definitely make someone else's day to beat me!

I LOVE trivia!

Martha

23. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008

Martha look forward to having you there.

Most of the questions will be multiple choice so your chances are good to do well and you may at least walk away with a very cool patch for particpating. :)

24. clonetrooper10

clonetrooper10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2010
    Thats all it matters, is just having fun with a bunch of Star Wars geeks. And there is no reason to take this contest serious and ruin everyones good time. With that said lets go out and have fun and not sweat the small stuff. But it would be cool to get that patch though, can't help it, its awesome looking!!!!!!![face_mischief]

25. KingTomatoXIII

KingTomatoXIII Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2010
    Agreed! I love the Trandoshan version of "The Thinker" :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.