main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Star Wars TV series

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthElizur, May 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    I'm sure everyone is following this already.

However I didn't know that the plan is to have 100 episodes!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series

Does anyone know if pre-production did begin this year already?

2. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I really doubt that production has started ... the scripts would have to be written first, casting, etc.

3. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Yeah, my understanding is that the live-action show isn't supposed to be out until the end of the decade, and that they are focusing on the 3D animated Clone Wars show for 2007.

I'm pretty excited about them both. I just really hope they don't revolve the live-action around something stupid like Boba Fett.

4. JediSearch

JediSearch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2006
    I'm really looking forward to this series too. I hope it is something like the hunt for Jedi that escaped Order 66. -- JediSearch :)

5. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    Yeah it seems like a pretty reasonable thing to expect.

I am hearing all kinds of conflicting date information. Maybe they will have an announcement for C4.

6. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005

I would imagine Lucasfilm would mention that info at C4.

7. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    I heard from Matthew Wood (voice of Grievous) that the animated TV series will take place between Episodes 2 and 3 but will not be made by the people who produced Clone Wars.

8. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I think I head that the new Clone War series will be 3D. Not sure where I heard that though.

9. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Yeah, it is supposed to be 3D.

10. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Here's some info I posted a couple of weeks ago:

:)

11. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    Great article. I didn't think it would be so long off. I guess animated stuff will be teased at the C4 event, that should be nice to see.

Personally I'm more interested in the live action show. If the animated one is targeted for 2008 and the live action is after that it'll be a good long wait.

I wonder what people are more jazzed up for, the animated show or the live action show.

12. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Live action show for me. I want to see the new animated series, but the live action is what has me hyped.

13. Jedi_Ryn_Luna

Jedi_Ryn_Luna Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2005
    Anyone know if they're casting yet for the live action show?

14. WookieChuckles

WookieChuckles Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2004
    Sure everybody has seen this by now:

I?m presuming TK863 is referring to the CGI CLONE WARS series in the message below ? as recent indications?uh?indicate that that the much-discussed live action series is still quite a ways off (with the possibility of another SW series coming about before the live action series).

Here?s what TK 863 has to say?

Was at a concert last night of the LA Scots, one of
    the US's only Grade 1 Pipe Bands (bagpipes) in Laguna
    Beach, and they had Eric Riegler (spelling?) who did
    the pipe music for Titanic and Braveheart as a guest
    performer.

The EmCee introduced Eric, and said Eric had just
    finished recording some music for the Star Wars TV
    Series. I followed up with Eric during the
    intermission, and he told me the following: Yes, he
    did in fact record music for the series. Each of the
    planets has its own theme, and the one he was brought
    in to develop music for was patterned after Bulgaria.
    So, his music was patterned after an instrument (I
    think he called it a gaeda (spelling?), a bagpipe-like
    instrument played there), although he performed his
    music on the Irish Pipes. He said it looked amazing,
    and Lucas had done an incredible job of the look/feel
    of at least what he saw.

He also said he was told the series/his episode would
    be airing Summer, 2008.

[TK863, out]

By the way, the spelling of the guy's last name is Rigler,

Everytime there's even the slightest bit of info on these shows I get very excited. Something about bagpipes reminds me of the music for Battlestar, perhaps this will be a tougher, grittier take on the Clone Wars.

15. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    More news:

Rick McCallum: Star Wars TV To Be ?Much Darker?
    Star Wars producer and George Lucas collaborator Rick McCallum is spilling a few more beans on the upcoming live action Star Wars TV show. George Lucas? faithful collaborator tells the website Tosche Station that it is still early on, but that he ?cannot wait to show everyone the TV series.? He describes it as ?much darker and more character based? than the films.

Excerpts of the interview related to the Star Wars TV show?

Will ?Young Indiana Jones? be used as a blueprint for the upcoming live action Star Wars television series?
    No, the Star Wars television series will be used as a blueprint for how we?re going to do our own films, the more personal movies George wants to make, how we?re going to use technology to make a movie for 10 or 15 million dollars with a lot of effects in it. Nowadays movies cost a lot of money and it doesn?t work. Movies are too expensive. It?s about how to change the perimeters of how do you set up the movie, how do you shoot it around the world, how do you make it look big in a more reasonable way. Most people forget that it takes three and a half, four years to make a Star Wars film. It?s long and that is why we are so excited to make the TV series because it?s much more character driven, you make a mistake one week and fix it the next week. You got this extraordinary story of twenty years between Episode III and IV while Luke is growing up that needs to be explored. So, we are looking forward to it. One of the things we are also looking forward to is finding a new group of talent to work with on feature films very much the same way as we did with Young Indy. Almost everyone that worked on Young Indy stayed with us for seventeen years or longer and some are still with us. Now we?re gonna start off with a new group, the next generation of filmmakers.

Could you tell us something about the status of the Star Wars television series? Something about the actors maybe?
    I can?t tell you anything about actors because we?re not there yet. This is a long process to get it right. First of all: where are we going to shoot? Then: who?s going to write? And finally: who?s going to direct? George has been working for the last seven, eight months on the story arc line of where the series goes. The dream is to do way over one hundred hours of it. If we can get it right, we have some fantastic characters that nobody has ever met before and start a whole other world of Star Wars that comes out every week instead of every three years.

Will any of the older characters appear in the series?
    It?s a whole different group of characters.

When do you expect the first episode will be televised?
    That?s tough. The TV world is changing a lot. Hopefully we will have finished the first episode by the end of 2008, so that in 2009 it can come out.

An important question a lot of non-American fans are probably wondering about is if they will have to wait longer to see series in comparison to the American fans? In other words: will it be released worldwide at the same time?
    Too early too tell, but most likely worldwide.

Excellent!
    We know we have a large group of fans that don?t want to wait. It?s one of the reasons we push the release dates of our movies so that everyone can see it at the same time.

No firm date has been given, but the show is expected sometime around 2009

16. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html

I'm sure everyone has seen this.

I guess the animation looks wierd when you see faces, but good otherwise.

What do you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.