main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Starting a Fan Force

Discussion in 'Archive: Philadelphia, PA' started by Padawan915, Mar 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Hey all,

Since KOP is no longer a recognized Fan Force, and with Philly having the 5th largest population in the country, and a very vivrant and large Star Wars population, I feel that Philly and its four suburban Pennsylvanian counties (Bucks, Montgomery, Chester & Delaware), deserves a Fan Force that represents everyone. My main objective is to form a Fan Force that wants to have fun, believes in the mission of Fan Forcedom, and is indiscriminate towards all members of the area.

I have been thinking about this a lot since what has occurred almost a month ago. Philly deserves a Fan Force. There is no denying that. And I want to know how you feel. By you, I mean the members of the JC at large.

I want to start a Fan Force for Philadelphia and the 'burbs, and I want to know how you, the Star Wars fans of the JC, feel about this.

Fan Force is one of the greatest things that this site offers. It allows us a chance to meet fans of movies that we love greatly in person, and become close with them and form lasting bonds. I have learned this with my experiences with the New Jersey, New York and Los Angeles Fan Forces. We can do the same for Philadelphia, I'm sure of it. ;)

Leave your two cents, and we can start the process towards getting Philly a Fan Force. :)

Herb Scheuren
    -Former New Jersey Fan Force Council Member
    -Fordham University, Class of 2004

2. Ghosts_Of_Anakin

Ghosts_Of_Anakin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Hey congrats on getting your forums back up guys. Your friends from across the river will be happy to help any way we can to get you guys official. You're welcome to come to any of our meetings in South Jersey too.

3. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Good luck with it. You're gonna need it. LOL

4. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    One statement and one question:

Philly Outer Rim LEFT FanForce..we voted on it and left. That's why we are not 'recognized' as a chapter.

Edit: Using the fanforce forums to solicit membership for competing clubs is prohibited.

5. SithLord1968

SithLord1968 Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2000
    Feel free to give it a go. I tried in the past, with very little success.

6. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    Re: What happened a month ago

The whole Phillip Wise issue and everything that caused POR to leave TFN.

7. SithLord1968

Dec 8, 2000
    What Philip Wise issue?

8. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    Ah forget it. See, this is what you get when you write messages when you're half asleep/buzzed.

9. Skidder

Skidder Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    what messages?

10. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    Read the first post of this thread...I was up since 7am and had been drinking wine. Brutual combo.

Nevermind.

11. Skidder

Nov 7, 2000
    what's a first post?

12. SithLord1968

Dec 8, 2000
    ummmm.... alright.....
    Is anyone interested in creating a Philly FanForce?
    anyone? anyone? Bueller?

13. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Just so you know Herb, most posters in this particular forum are already members of Philly Outer Rim. I don't really see why they'd be interested in starting a FanForce chapter when they already voted to leave....

Rob, I'd be happy to explain the Phil Wise 'issue' at another time. That particular issue was only the icing on the cake that caused us to leave. We had already made the decision a few months before that happened b/c of other things going on with FanForce.

14. Skidder

Nov 7, 2000
    anyone see that new wampa? it is really cute.

15. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Well, I've never bothered with the fan force, for several reasons. Mostly time and distance and three kids, and the age gap. I"m no longer in my 20's shall we say. :p Though that doesn't mean that I would totally dismiss getting to know other Star Wars fans. It seems kind of lonely out here in the western suburbs. Mention you like Star Wars and you get strange looks. ;) I guess I'd want to know more about it.

16. Ranic

Ranic Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2003
    Sounds like a cool idea. I live in Bucks when I'm not at school in Lehigh. What was so bad that KOP voted itself out of Fan Force?

17. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    Where in Bucks do you live? I'm in Langhorne.

18. Ranic

Ranic Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2003
    Oh cool, I'm in Yardley.

19. SithLord1968

Dec 8, 2000
    I've seen that new Wampa... I made it part of my collection. He's a lovable furball.

20. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Please consider this a warning. Those of you posting in this forum who are clearly not interested in starting a fanforce chapter in Philly are considered to be "trolling." A loose definition of trolling is someone who only posts to create drama, and derail the original intention of the thread, or simply posts to harass other members. Trolling is a violation of the Terms of Service and will be dealt with accordingly. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

21. Ranic

Ranic Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2003
    I can't help but think that you're talking about me, Mara. I apologize, I was just curious as to what happened, I would definately consider joining if a Fan Force were created.

22. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    No actually it wasn't directed at anyone in particular, and should serve as a general warning for anyone considering trolling this forum.

All you need to start a fanforce chapter is this area is three people who are willing. You will need to have three meetings, and elect a Chapter Representative in order to become "Official." Please direct any questions you may have on how to become official to strawbary, she is your Regional Support Administrator (RSA).

23. Padawan915

Oct 1, 2002
    No it's not you, it's others in this thread who were posting off topic posts, derailing the thread. You were fine. :)

And Yardley eh? Did you go to Pennsbury?

24. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Even though I am no longer in the area, I would love to see a fan force chapter in Philly.

If you guys can do it, drop me a line and maybe the Philly fan force and the Washington DC fan force can do something together in the future. :D

25. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Edit: I sent you a PM Jenni. I suggest that if anyone has a problem abiding by my request above, that they no longer post in this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.