main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Starting up the Role-Playing Game again: Ghostbusters RPG

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by roxez, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    Sadly both this Friday and Friday 5/8 I am working during the evening and will not be able to run a campaign.

2. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    Make that May 14th I'm busy too. Looks like they got me back to working every Friday. Sorry. :(

We'll have to play this one by ear. I'll let you all know when I have an open Friday.

3. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    Hey, Free Fridays!

Talked about it at the meeting yesterday, but to make it official for those who missed: we will be playing the Ghostbusters RP game this Friday (that's May 21) at our place. Thanks again for your your patience.

4. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Sorry I couldn't make the last one, I hope you all had a good time. After this holiday weekend I will be more available, and hopefully my house will be too.

5. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    Well, with Nathan, Nathaniel, Mason, AND us being busy, this is a no go this week. Sorry guys. Maybe next week; I do work that Friday but not all evening. I'll let you know.

6. Corvalis

Corvalis Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2008
    How's tomorrow looking?

7. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    I work until 6:30. After that, it's entirely possible, if you want to come over around 7.

8. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    So that I'm not making a duplicate of anyone's character, what does the party consist of?

9. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    Thanks guys for making the first major adventure in the GB campaign a great one. Sorry it had to end a bit abruptly though.

No game this week, I have work Friday evening unfortunately. Also, We need to talk about getting back into the various Star Wars campaigns.

10. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Here are my observations about the gaming group:

1. The rotating Thursday/Friday game day seemed to work well.
    2. Finding a place to play is the biggest problem as GU is no longer open to us.
    3. Some of us have family/fiances who require love and attention, making a regular weekly game hard to establish.
    4. We have four people who can GM, which gives us a valuable resource.
    5. We need to establish a beginning and end time for our games, more or less for Nora's sake.

So here are my ideas (and a good gaming group charter):

A. There will be a primary and secondary place to gather. If the primary place is unavailable, we move to the secondary, and if the secondary is unavailable, the GM is responsible for either finding another place to play, or cancelling the game that week. The current GM is responsible for informing the players of the location of the gaming group if it is not at the primary meeting place.

B. There will be a GM rotation, so each GM has responsibilities based on when their turn is. For example, here are the four GM positions:

Just Finished Campaign Currently Running Campaign Up Next Standby

The GM who just finished is on a break, and has no responsibilities except as a player.
    The GM who is running is in charge of the group, and making sure everyone gets there and we begin/end on time.
    The GM who is up next is preparing for the next campaign, and has no other responsibilities except as a player.
    The GM on standby is the backup GM if the current GM is unavailable, and will run pickup/oneshot games if the current GM is unavailable.

C. Responsibilities of the players are to show up each week, keep track of and bring the appropriate characters for the current GM?s campaign, and to notify the current GM if they will be unavailable that week.

D. The current GM?s responsibilities are to prepare and run the campaign and alert the Standby GM if they will be unavailable.

E. The standby GM?s responsibilities are to prepare a pickup/one-shot game of their choice and run it in the event of the current GM?s absence, until the current GM is available again.

F. The current GM?s campaign length is determined by the current GM, unless the current GM is unavailable for 3 weeks in a row during which the gaming group has not been cancelled, at which point, the campaign will end and the standby GM will run a pickup game for two weeks or until the GM who is up next is ready, which ever is shorter.

G. The current GM must give at least two weeks notice to the GM who is up next before ending the campaign voluntarily.

H. In the event that the current and standby GMs are unavailable, the other two GMs may volunteer to run a pickup game.

I. If no GM is available, the group will descend into chaos and begin ?the revolution? at its earliest convenience, or attempt to use the location to summon Gozer for fun and marshmallows.

11. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    Great guidelines.

I'll bring the marshmallows.

12. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    There is no GM, only Zuul!

13. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    I have just this week of work left in the school season. My schedule is very, very open after Thursday...

What are the chances of getting our PCs from the Dave/Mason campaign caught up to the Dave's other group level-wise in time for the SpoCon session?

14. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    That depends. Their characters are already equal to your character's levels, so in that respect, there's nothing that needs to happen. If you want to play the campaign, I have no problem with that at all, but any level I give to you guys I have to give to them. And that can be dangerous.

My thoughts on the game at SpoCon haven't formed a full game yet, though I am tempted to pit the two groups against each other in a death game of sorts.

15. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Are we playing GB this week?

16. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    No. I have work the next two Fridays.

17. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    I talked to Mason as well, his house is not available this week, so I guess no gaming. But starting as soon as Mason's house is available, I will begin running Star Wars again. However, if it is before SpoCon, I will NOT be running the Fellstar campaign. I'm saving that for SpoCon.

Everyone will need to find or borrow a Star Wars d20 book, as I am switching to that system for any Star Wars pickup games while Bevan is main GM running Ghostbusters. Just FYI.

18. The_Cheeser

Feb 16, 2005
    I have a d20 book. Do we need to create new characters from it or are you pre-gennning our for the pickups?

19. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    We will be making new characters. I will go over the campaign setting and details once we sit down for the first session. We'll be making characters together.

20. roxez

Nov 13, 2007
    When you say Star Wars d20, you mean the old system, not Saga?

21. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    Well, the middle one actually. West End did a D6 version of Star Wars first, we're not using that one. You'll want to get the Revised Core Rulebook for D20 by Wizards of the Coast.

22. -JediClone-

-JediClone- Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 21, 2005
    I have every book in the "revised core" series except the last two (Outer Rims, Ultimate Adversaries). Is there a particular book or two it'd useful to have there?

23. Corvalis

Oct 17, 2008
    All books are open if you'd like to use them, as long as the feat/class/equipment is no more than 50 years old at the time of the Jedi purge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.