main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC State of the VicFF - Input Needed!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by PulsarSkate, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    Lets see for comfort and cheapness-Coffee. For fun and something to post about later-a movie. To see each others eating habits-dinner. Tough to choose.

2. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Especially you Melbournites! Get to is people.

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Is there are a cheap eatery in the city, like we have Cafe Primo here, something like that where meals can be under $10. Stang guys, I'll make the booking if no one wants to bite the bullet!! It doesnt have to be next week, can be in the next 4-6 weeks...but it needs to happen soon, the planning needs to start too.

4. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Look, I don't mind where we go, there's plenty of places in the city. But I really think, as CR, that Mixo should be the spearhead of this thing. No offence mate, but you wanted to be CR...

I get that you're not in the city very often, so the point of organising something here is probably silly unless you're going to be here, so maybe we should do something next time you're down?

I'm sure Addy would approve if we set it in concrete.

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Exactly!! Hit the nail on the head! ;)

6. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Sometime on a weekend perhaps? I basically have 10ish hours of uni per week so my schedule is fairly open, but I don't think most of you are as free. :p

7. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    I work Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:30am so I'm pretty damn tired when it comes to doing things on a weekday. Weekend works better for me too

8. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    During the week would be good, I could possibly do a weekend if I could line up a sitter. SO anything would work realy, I think a cheap eatery would be a great idea.

9. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    This is the problem I have and are happy to step down to appease people. I live and work in Ballarat and am down Melbourne basically only for work events during working hours. I sometimes get down on weekends. I need passionate supporters to help back me up with social events.

I have just read about this event though in Nov.

www.retrobrad.com/expo

10. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    *waves hand*

Always willing to help out when I can.

11. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    I will help out however I can but for the next few weeks my job becomes hectic with Footy finals and cricket going on sale.

12. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    That expo looks like Game On on a far, far smaller scale. o_O

13. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    lol true but it is in a huge shed and there will be much fun to be had.

TOMORROW NIGHT FOR YOU MELBOURNITES!

State Library of Victoria and Dissecta Present
    "Gamers? Rights" Panel
    Sponsored by the eGames Expo
    Next Week, Tuesday 26th August 2008. A free event from 6:30pm to 8pm. At the State Library of Victoria, Melbourne.
    Gamers' Rights seeks to explore, in a practical way, the nature of legal rights and expectations held by game players, with insights provided by some of Australia?s most active and knowledgeable game industry insiders. Moderator: Jason Hill (The Age; Screenplay Blog). Panel Members: Tony Trubridge (Team Immunity), Mike Bantick (IT Wire and Byte Into It on RRR), and David Hewitt (Tantalus). This panel is presented by The State Library of Victoria in association with Dissecta and will be held Tuesday 26th August 6:30pm at the State Library of Victoria's Experimedia venue. Giveaway on the night: eGames Expo has kindly provided Dissecta 10 x three day eGames Expo passes to giveaway, valued at $33 each. This event sponsored by the eGames Expo, 14-16 November 2008, Melbourne Exhibition Centre Southbank.

Booking: this is a free event but booking is essential, via 03 8664 7555 or email learning@slv.vic.gov.au. I would say there will be vacant seats so take a chance and not book.

14. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    Wish I could go, but cant make it to this one. I actually havent played any games in over a year. My son is just at the age to enjoy the Wii so Im going to get on in the next couple of weeks. I do know that I am buying it just as much for me as him.

15. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    That forum looks interesting. JE and I will definitely try and go: see you there Mixo!

16. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I will also try to appear and so is VADER_FF. Maybe a first meet of the New Age?

17. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Awesome! I'll fill in JE on the details. We should get some of the other lazy folk up and out as well. I think The Rogue Product still lives just nearby, so he has no excuse.

What about Puls et al? You bludgers coming?

18. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    I am taking a sabbatical at my mother's villa along the coast, so will be unable to attend. Do enjoy and report back, chaps.

19. oldbenk31

Feb 27, 2003
    So how was the event? Did I miss out on some cool stuff?

20. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Hmmm it was a very interestin night. Mostly about gaming rights, piracy and the debate over age rated games.

21. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    And yet there are 6 x SW social club meetings being held every year right under your very noses. All you have to do is turn up to them and presto, FF quota met. No dramas about organising dates, times, locations anything, it's all done for you.

As the man once said "the problem with common sense is that it's not that common."

22. Quinten_JarVos

Quinten_JarVos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2004
    Well having been born in Sale,
    Living the first 13 years of my life in Laverton (Guess where my father worked? hehe)

I guess that makes me an Expat and there for an honorary VicFF member... mmmmm okay

23. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Welcome to this cool state my friend

24. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Well, why don't you guys start a thread and advertise them then?

They're hardly under our noses when we have no idea they're going on.

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    That's just it, if they are happening, just let us know...put them up here and it will all be good!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.